80sCartoons.net Forum Index

80s Network

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mikey
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:30 am    Post subject: 80s Network Reply with quote

I am not sure if this was already brought up, if so I did not mean to repeat. One of my biggest dreams is for there to be an 80s channel. I am not talking about something like TVland that show 60s, 70s, 80s, etc tv shows. I am talking about a channel that shows all 1980s programs all the time from cartoons, to movies, to sitcoms and tv shows. That would be fantastic. On Saturday mornings, they can play the Saturday Morning 1980s cartoons from 6:00am - 1:00pm just like before. On Saturday nights, they can televise The Greatest American Hero, Alf, Miami Vice,etc. During the week in the mornings, The Love Boat, Alice, Growing Pains, etc could air. During the afternoon weekdays they can show episodes of Silver Spoons, Different Strokes, Webster, Small Wonder, Who's the Boss and Mr. Belvedere. During the weeknights, they can televise Knight Rider, Dallas, Misfits of Science, Hill Street Blues, The Wonder Years, Magnum P.I. and The A-Team. This would be wonderful. I don't know if this will ever happen, but I really hope it does.

Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea, though it'd cost some coinage.
Mikey
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are absolutely right. Here's to hoping not only for that, but also for an 1980s radio station all day and all the time. That would be great listening while I am driving around.

Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over here, we already have an 80's radio station, http://absoluteradio.co.uk/80s/
IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus Prime wrote:
Great idea, though it'd cost some coinage.

Not only that, but most of those shows are in "rights' hell".

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to search for the link now, but it seems like I heard something about someone trying to actually create decades-based programming channels a while back. I don't know if anything ever came of it. I'd certainly love a 1980s channel! (I've actually created hypothetical channel lineups for just such a channel just for fun- I've done that with a few topics actually.)
And if you have XM Satellite Radio, there is a 1980s radio station that I enjoy listening to when I can. (i.e. whenever XM does another freebie trial service for a while- which I love to take advantage of whenever it comes around. I'm not going to bother to subscribe though- just don't have the money for that. But it's a nice treat whenever it comes around.) Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceDragon wrote:
Not only that, but most of those shows are in "rights' hell".

Most definitely. Most are on dvd now, but an 80's programming channel would be nice, but would be riddled with adverts just to break even.
Mikey
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
I would have to search for the link now, but it seems like I heard something about someone trying to actually create decades-based programming channels a while back. I don't know if anything ever came of it. I'd certainly love a 1980s channel! (I've actually created hypothetical channel lineups for just such a channel just for fun- I've done that with a few topics actually.)
And if you have XM Satellite Radio, there is a 1980s radio station that I enjoy listening to when I can. (i.e. whenever XM does another freebie trial service for a while- which I love to take advantage of whenever it comes around. I'm not going to bother to subscribe though- just don't have the money for that. But it's a nice treat whenever it comes around.) Very Happy Cool

Wow! I didn't know that. Please let us know if you are able to locate the link.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is- it's a few years old though. I don't know what became of it.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah- and a follow-up story.
It looks like the channel has officially launched now- you can read more about it, see the schedule and where to watch it at Decades.com

Mikey
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent, thanks for the update.

I actually stumbled across a site that many of you may or may not already know about. It is a television on this site to where you can change the channel and watch actual shows, cartoons, sitcoms, movies from the great 1980s. This site is a dream come true for 80s fans. It is www.my80stv.com. Just click on the power button and the television will come on, from that point each year of the 1980s (1980-1989) will appear below the television. I have been on it for well over an hour already.

Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikey wrote:
I actually stumbled across a site that many of you may or may not already know about. It is a television on this site to where you can change the channel and watch actual shows, cartoons, sitcoms, movies from the great 1980s. This site is a dream come true for 80s fans. It is www.my80stv.com. Just click on the power button and the television will come on, from that point each year of the 1980s (1980-1989) will appear below the television. I have been on it for well over an hour already.

Thanks for the link. Definitely bookmarked.
Mikey
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Optimus Prime wrote:
Mikey wrote:

Thanks for the link. Definitely bookmarked.

Of course, you're welcome.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool- thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Very Happy Cool

Mikey
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Cool- thanks for the link. I'll check it out. Very Happy Cool

Absolutely, you're welcome.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: