80sCartoons.net Forum Index

superted

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jemgurl82
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:06 am    Post subject: superted Reply with quote

hey guys i have been in a rut with finding this cartoon superted in region 1. All i have been able to find is region 2 which wont help since i live in the us. I have been asking specality stores for this but they have none in region 1. If anyone knows where to find this in region 1 i will b so happy & so will my husband who is obssed with the show
Very Happy
thanks, jemgurl

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried on E-bay and other such sites? They might also be available in region-free bootleg discs.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a while since I've seen SuperTed. This is a fun cartoon I enjoyed as a child. I don't recall being hugely into it but it's definitely a good series. I actually ran across a VHS tape of SuperTed episodes a while back at a thrift store. (NTSC VHS tape, that is.) I believe it's a British series and that's probably why you'll find more Region 2 DVD releases and such and not so much on Region 1 DVD releases.
However, if you just want a few episodes to remember, there is a NTSC VHS release you can get from Amazon.com (This may be the one I had gotten- I can't remember now.)
The other option is to get a region free DVD player. Here's one on Amazon.com you could try. And as you noted already, SuperTed has been released in its entirety to DVD in Region 2.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O

Last edited by MacGyver on Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
SharpFork
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can play the region 2 discs in any computer dvd drive.

Or, region free dvd players are incredibly cheap. I got one under the "cyber home" brand name from wal-mart for $25. Theres other brands as well- digix, apex- just research the ***** # of the player on google and it will tell you if that player is region free or not. Thats the best option and it opens up a whole new world of DVDs, you will be able to purchase any dvd from any country and not have to think twice about it. Many series, especially cartoons and classic series- including Super Ted (a British animation to begin with) have and may very well only be released in Region 2 (UK and mainland Europe) or Region 4 (Australia) and no Region 1 release will ever happen.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: