80sCartoons.net Forum Index

News, Releases, and Updates
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: The Puppy's Great Adventures Reply with quote

Production and distribution companies do what they do for profit. The more money the make the better, and sometimes they use tricky and even dirty actions to hype their profits.

For example, let's take the case of the series The Puppy's Great Adventures. In this case there is no such series. Why? because it was only the title that change. CBS/ABC took the 2 series The Puppy's New Adventures, and The Further Adventures, added an introduction and named it The Puppy's Great Adventures, only to rerun it continuously during about 2 months.
What this did, who ever liked those 2 series wanted to see the third series, even though it didn't exist, and rerunning it brought many new children to watch the series, which fine, only that the company did it to add more profit using dirty tactics. It's legal, but it stinks.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: CBS Storybreak reruns Reply with quote

I know for a fact that 20th Century Fox bought the rights to rerun parts of the 26 total episodes of the series CBS Storybreak between 1988-1994 and then from 1997 to 1998.

Originally, the series was produced by Australia's Southern Star Entertainment and HB for CBS.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:54 pm    Post subject: An interesting fact Reply with quote

CB Bears was a cartoon series produced by HB that ran consecutively between September 10th to December 3rd, 1977. It consisted of 6 mini-series of 13 episodes each: CB Bears; Blast Off Buzzard; Heyyy, It's the King; Posse Impossible; Shake, Rattle, and Roll; and Undercover Elephant.

It was inspired by the famous detective series Charlie's Angels and the bears names were taken from a 1970's famous disco dance.

What is special is the fact that there are only 84 days between the beginning and the end of the TV run, and the total of the 6 mini-series is 78 episodes. This means that each of the mini-series was broadcasted on NBC one episode from each every day.

This might indicate that it was very popular at its time.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:02 am    Post subject: Annoying Reply with quote

Rumors about new releases never stop, especially when one episode of an old series is being released on DVD, which by the way is rare.

A typical example of that is a post from May this year posted on toonzone.com pretending that a long list of unreleased cartoons from the 60's to the 90's is about to begin being released this year on DVD. The post pertains that HB and Ruby Spears especially, are now close to be released by the end of this year.
Well, we're in December nothing happen. Plus, I've tried to contact the companies by phone and email, to get any hint of info regarding their plans to release any old cartoon by the end of this year and I got nothing in reply.

I wish that website administrators everywhere would be more careful in not allowing rumors to be posted without any factual base. It's just annoying, and disappointing.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:49 pm    Post subject: Facts Reply with quote

Here are the companies, networks, tvs, and release years.

Ruby Spears /ABC TV 1977-1996 Southern Star Australia and Hanna Barbera/CBS TV 1985-1987 Ruby Spears/CBS/ABC-TV 1982-1984 Hanna Barbera/NBC TV 1977-1978 Hanna Barbera/NBC TV 1977-1978 Hanna Barbera/NBC TV 1977-1978 Marvel Productions/ABC TV 1987-1988 and Ruby Spears/NBC TV 1983-1984.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: The good the bad and the ugly Reply with quote

There might be an unaccounted yet reason why so many, or at least some of, old series, especially from the 60's-80's haven't been released; that is because of bad animation, and bad coloring. If these technical problems are at fault, then it makes sense that the studios would have to invest lots of money to fix, remaster, and upgrade old/bad cartoons to be able to transfer them to DVD.

A good example would be the ups and downs quality of HB cartoon series such as CBS Storybreak. Because they used Australia Southern Star and other unknown animation houses, various directors and project managers, and unknown design and production outsourcing, the final results were many times extremely different in quality, even in the same series and between episodes.

This might explain why only parts/certain episodes can be found as releases from the studios. CBS Storybreak is a good example of that. Rolling Eyes

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:11 pm    Post subject: Little Wizards Series Reply with quote

Here is the Little Wizards Series.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there a link forthcoming for The Little Wizards, as to further information about the series? (Just curious- I wasn't sure what was intended with your last post.)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right. I thought that I found something new about the Little Wizards, but then after reviewing the info I decided that it's not viable. Then, instead of erasing I posted. It was a mistake.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, okay then- that's fine.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Thoughts Reply with quote

I know that I've written about this subject, nevertheless I have some thoughts regarding the way that this industry behaves. It's all about the money, but it shouldn't be only about that. Since there are so many series from the 60's to the 80's that haven't been released, I ask myself what the reasons might be. now I am inclined to believe that the whole industry makes so much money to the point that they've become insensitive to what some of their customers want. I also think that they are so detached from the public that in spite of all the polls, market research, etc; they sit so high that the results of all the pre-decisions are rigged.

And even though it's possible to find all the cover art, the storylines, the episodes names, and even the entire crew's credentials, it becomes less important than watching even a few episodes from a series that you liked as a child.

It's frustrating, and more than that, there is not much that we the public can do to make them change their mind. I'm not aware of any success in forcing a studio to release an old series coming from pressure or any other public means.

Correct me if I'm wrong. Crying or Very sad

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:20 pm    Post subject: News about ABC Weekend Specials Reply with quote

On the other hand The Haunted Mansion Mystery another ABC Weekend Specials from 1983 is based on a book by Virginia Masterman-Smith.
This specific episode can be watched on http://blogsee.weebly.com/blog/abc-weekend-specials-the-haunted-mansion-mystery-61-watch-online-720.
But be aware that if you want to watch it you will have to register and provide info of a valid Credit Card. It is worth it if you like this series is much as I do.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you know I'm searching the web for Unreleased Series from the 70's-80's. Since there is no significant chance that the series that I'm looking for to be released anytime soon I'm also checking somewhat doubtful sites. In my searches I sometimes find some interesting options, like these sites which must be carefully handled, although as you'll see some like them and some don't:

https://filmlair.com
https://primewire.unblocked.pe/
wisevid.com
megavideo.com
http://www.watchseries.li/episode/c_b_bears_s1_e10.html
Watch-Series.com

Now, pay attention to the 2 opinions, one positive, the other negative.

There are some potentially unwanted programs that will automatically try to download when some of the advertisements come up. The site itself is safe, but the ads aren't always safe, whether you click them or not. If you have an active antivirus with real time protection, it should block all the unwanted programs as they aren't too sophisticated.

Watch-Series.com is free and completely safe. I'm one of those people who will never go on a site if its not safe and has all these weird things pop up, but this is one of the only tv show watching sites that I trust. To watch videos it normally gives you a list of places to choice from, however they do seem to have quite a few pop ups that get annoying but as long as you exit them and continue with your video everything's good.

As you see these venues might be available for someone looking for certain series or episodes otherwise unavailable, but be warned that you should be very careful, especially providing personal info

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 7:13 pm    Post subject: CB Bears cover art Reply with quote

If someone forgot who the main characters in the CB Bears Series are, here is the cover art: on the left is Bump; on the right Hustle; and in the middle is Boogie.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:09 pm    Post subject: Saturday Mornings 1977 Program Reply with quote

In the 70's C.B. Radios were a big thing way before cell phones became popular. The entire series of CB Bears composed of 13 episodes each - Blast Off buzzard; Posse Impossible; Heyyy, Its the King; Shake, Rattle, and Roll; and Undercover Elephant - took advantage of this popularity to launch a rather short cycle of Saturday Morning Cartoons on NBC.
Not long after, CB Radio lost it's novelty, and NBC did not follow up with new episodes just one year after, because the three bears communicated by CB radios, and CB was quickly forgotten.
BTW, CB Bears was replaced by 'Hong Kong Fooey' reruns and the start of a two-hour 'Go Go Globetrotters' that followed suit.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Heyyy, It's the King Cover Art Reply with quote

The C.B. Bears describes the characters of Hustle, Boogie, and Bump, three crime-fighting bears who receive their orders from a female named Charlie via a CB radio.
Blast-off Buzzard and Crazy Legs shows the efforts of a hungry buzzard named Blast-off, to catch a decent meal in the form of a snake named Crazy Legs.
In contrast, Posse Impossible is about an old West sheriff and his three funny deputies while they attempt to maintain the peace in the town of Saddle Sore.

Heyyyyyy, It's the King depicts the misadventures of the King, a 1950s-type, hip-talking lion, and his friends: Big H, the Hippo; Clyde, the ape; Yukayuka, the hyena; Sheena the lioness; Zelda the ostrich; and Skids, the alligator.
Shake, Rattle and Roll relates the story of Shake, Rattle, and Roll, three ghosts who run the Haunted Inn, a ***** for the unearthly.
Undercover Elephant depicts the exploits of Undercover Elephant, a fumbling U.S. government agent, and his assistant, Loud Mouse.

Last edited by Chenchukon on Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:39 pm    Post subject: ABC Weekend Specials Reply with quote

This is the art work.

This is a very successful youth series based primarily on adaptations of children's books.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Cover Art links for 2 Unreleased Series Reply with quote

This is the Cover Art for the CBS Storybreak:
30-minute animated series, each episode telling a different beloved childrens story.
This is the Cover Art for the Little Wizards:

This series is about a boy prince named Dexter, whose father, the king, died. Soon after, an evil sorcerer named Renwick stole the crown and proclaimed himself king. Renwick knew somehow that Dexter would stand in his way, so he orders his minions to capture him.
Here are the Storylines of CBS Storybreak, and Little Wizards.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:11 pm    Post subject: Cover Art and Storyline of the 3 Puppies Adventures Reply with quote

This is the Cover Art for The Puppy's Great Adventures

Petey and his girlfriend dolly and the three stray male dogs travel the country, and solve mysteries.
This is the Cover Art for The Puppy's New Adventures

In the first season, Petey and Dolly's family were moving overseas by ship; their friends Duke, Dash and Lucky stowed away on the same ship. All five dogs were stranded together when a lightning bolt knocked them overboard. Every episode consisted of the dogs looking for Tommy and his family, winding up in places as diverse as East Berlin, Australia, Hong Kong, Hawaii and usually helping out a local group of people or animals.
This is the Cover Art for The Puppy's Further Adventures

The second season opened with a two-part episode in which the dogs are finally reunited with Tommy's family. The rest of the season featured the dogs' adventures with the family while travelling all around the United States. The season opener introduced Glyder, a puppy with ears so large he could fly like Dumbo. Glyder re-appeared in two other episodes.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:06 pm    Post subject: Details of Popeye and Son and Mister T 2nd Season Reply with quote

This is the Cover Art for Popeye and Son

After 58 years of Popeye and Bluto fighting over Olive Oyl, they've all decided to finally settle down and start families. Popeye and Olive got married and had a son who hates spinach. Bluto also got married and had a son who's a bully to Popeye's kid. Wimpy has also started his own burger chain and tries his best to refrain from eating his own burgers.
This is the Cover Art for Mister T The Complete Second Season

Mr. T now runs a gymnasium, where a veritable rainbow coalition of young gymnasts come to work out. Together with Miss Bisby and Mr. T's bulldog, Dozer, the group spent their off hours finding trouble and fixing it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Other Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: