80sCartoons.net Forum Index

UK educational cartoon involving primitive tribe

View previous topic :: View next topic  
omgtehh8
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:46 am    Post subject: UK educational cartoon involving primitive tribe Reply with quote

This is the first of two cartoons that I haven't been able to find anywhere.

It was probably a series of educational videos rather than being on television, as I remember watching it in class in the first year or two of primary school between 1984 and 1986. The actual release date might have been earlier than that.

All I remember about it was that in each episode (5-10 minutes) a primitive tribe would struggle with some insurmountable problem and have to go and visit a more advanced tribe who lived on the mountain who had the requisite technology to help them (I think it was a mountain, or they might have been on the other side of the mountain, it was something like that).

There might have been a boy whose job it was to ask them - or I might have got that idea out of Vicky the Viking.

From what I remember the art style was naturalistic and had soft tones. I can't remember if it had a voiceover. I believe they lived in huts and wore leather clothes - sort of like you'd see in a textbook about stone age anthropology. The more advanced tribe might have had woven textile robes. It was the same people every episode. There were at least 4 episodes but probably not a long series. In class we might have watched two a day for a week - I think I would remember it better if I had seen more than a few of them.

It was almost certainly on a VHS tape, but it might have been something that the school bought out of a local education authority catalogue rather than being on general release. It's *possible* we might have had something odd in the classroom like a reel-to-reel A/V system or betamax - but I doubt it. It's also possible the teacher was tuning in to live TV at the end of the day (3pm to 4pm) rather than it being a video at all - but I doubt that too.

Thanks very much for reading and I hope someone else knows of it. Please spare a thought for my 60 or 70 year old former primary school teacher who is going to get looked up and asked about this if nobody else can tell me Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: