80sCartoons.net Forum Index

late 80's mech / robot film

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gareth_8000
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:38 pm    Post subject: late 80's mech / robot film Reply with quote

been trying for a looong time to find a cartoon from the late 80's.

despite internet searching, due to the information i can remember, can find very little.

trying to find a late 80's cartoon featuring a mech / robot which a young man inherits (cant remember how).

This film follows this young man and his mech / robot and one of the fights the young man receives instructions over the radio 'just use your karate' and this was the first fight which he had to combat which was against another mech with a drill-bit for a head and they go at it.

Another thing i remember is that this robot in the film can transform into a lorry in the aliens base / ship and goes nuts trying to get somewhere.

These aliens are angelic human form (with the wings on their back), and suddenly realise that this human with the mech was not their enemy and that a female of these species falls for this human (not sure, memory very vague).

thats all i can remember... would love to show my kids this film i watched when i was their age.. but vast internet searching has become tiresome.

PPPPLease anyonwe help with this, I would greatly appreciate it, or even advise how to go about finding this feature film.

Thanks in advance for anyone reading this or attempting to remember this film.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starbirds 78
a.k.a Fighting King Daimos
a.k.a Battle Commander Daimos
a.k.a Fighting General Daimos
a.k.a. General Daimos
a.k.a. Daimos
a.k.a.Toushou Daimos

Pics from encirobot.com

The Brahmins, an alien race of winged humanoids arrive in peace. They are in search of a new home on Earth, and desire peaceful coexistence, but some saboteurs among the new arrivals assassinate their leader before a treaty could be negotiated between the nations of Earth and the Brahmins. In the confusion, the assassins are able to seize power and launch an attack on Earth. Earth's best defense against their alien technology is the fighting robot Daimos

-View Daimos series-

---

gareth_8000
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for mentioning Starbirds, close resemblence..

I remember it being a feature film, aka not being a series, and that the mech can only transform once in this case on the base / ahip of the aliens getting to the core or something and then it was destroyed in the attempt, and one of the winged aliens went to help this youngster using their wings to protect him.. just a bit more that i remember.

and that the first fight he had with an alien mech, he didnt know the controls and that the supervisor of sorts just shouted at him 'just use your karate', and that there was only one drill bit on this mech (his head)..i think..

not sure of the date of this film, but the next day, my sister and i went back to the store and we got 'she ra' episodes to watch as this was knew as well.. so not sure of the date.. must be sometime when she-ra was released on vhs..

yet again thanks for the reply and people thinking what this might be

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anime movies are often just 3 or 4 episodes of a series
edited together and repackaged as a movie

from Anime Bargain Bin Reviews:
"Piecing together footage from episodes; 01 ( "Victory will be Ours Forever"),
02 ("The Mysterious Girl Erika") and 06 ("Wipe Away Your Tears and Rise")

with parts of the later additions comprising the climax. As usual character names
are changed, now we have Kelly Hunter fighting off the Volarian invasion, led by
Roderick, using his mighty robot Dynamo."

"first fight he had with an alien mech, he didnt know the controls and that the supervisor of sorts
just shouted at him 'just use your karate"

->check this clip<

gareth_8000
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2015 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my god man, just watched this series.. spot on!!, so much in this series i dont remember and so much that I do, this is it !!, star mate, tyvm for mentioning this series, you will always be in my debt

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: