80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Possible Kissyfur release on DVD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guilbeau
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Possible Kissyfur release on DVD Reply with quote

Kissyfur is owned by DHX Media, but another company, Mill Creek Entertainment, is in a position to acquire distribution rights to Kissyfur. Mill Creek responded to both my e-mails, saying they would forward my request to their acquisitions staff. It didn't seem like a form letter, so I went to their facebook page and found several people over several months had been requesting Kissyfur. I added my own posts, and I asked a few fans I knew to post, only one of which has so far. But Mill Creek seemed impressed by all the people posting so I've gotten their attention. If you would like to see Kissyfur released on DVD please either post on their facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/MillCreekEnt
or e-mail them at http://www.millcreekent.com/contact-us at either their acquisitions department content@millcreekent.com
or at general inquires support@millcreekent.com, I don't know which e-mail would be better. Mill Creek has listened to peoples requests before so I think that we have a real shot at this. I adored this show as a kid and think it's such a shame it's not been released on DVD. Let's make it happen! Spread the word![/url]

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet! Thanks for letting us know about this. Hopefully Mill Creek will be able to get Kissyfur out on DVD. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Guilbeau
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Sweet! Thanks for letting us know about this. Hopefully Mill Creek will be able to get Kissyfur out on DVD. Very Happy Cool

Yeah! I really need someone to post on their facebook page, to keep Kissyfur visible. The last post about it was almost a month ago.

Oh yeah, they also have a twitter page: https://twitter.com/MillCreekEnt[/url]

Guilbeau
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what Mill Creek has been saying about our posts on facebook:

'I will make sure our team knows of the fan base of this title. Thanks again and have a great rest of the day'

'thanks for the great suggestion! I will let our production management team know of the enthusiasm around this series. Thanks again and have a great rest of the day!'

'thanks again for the suggestion. We will in fact consider your request.'

I hope they really are listening. Thanks to everyone who posted. We still need more posts and e-mails though. Just some more gentle prodding.

Does anyone know of any other sites I could post my appeals so that others could see them and post as well? I tried retrojunk but it seems hardly anyone ever visits the forums.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you could try IMDB.com's entry for Kissyfur.
Or other '80s cartoon and/or '80s nostalgia sites like 80scartoons.co.uk, brandedinthe80s.com or 80s.com
Thanks for posting Mill Creek's responses about Kissyfur- good to know they're at least considering it. Who knows? Maybe with enough fans writing to them, they'll take the hint and get this show out on DVD. Very Happy Cool
Hope it goes well.

Guilbeau
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Maybe you could try IMDB.com's entry for Kissyfur.
Or other '80s cartoon and/or '80s nostalgia sites like 80scartoons.co.uk, brandedinthe80s.com or 80s.com.

IMDB requires you to enter your bank information(WTH? No way!) or your cell phone to register and post, and since I don't have a cell that handles text, I can't do that. The guy at brandedinthe80s.com doesn't like Kissyfur, so I doubt he'd appreciate me posting over there. I think I've done everything I can now. Mill Creek will release Dennis the Menace this March after fans had been requesting it, so I think we have a chance!
My passion for this show may seem odd, but I loved this show when I was a kid and the fact that if might be lost forever if it isn't transferred to digital media makes me very sad. I still need people to post on facebook or e-mail Mill Creek, so please help out!

I won't bump this anymore unless I have some truly awesome news. Thanks any of you who posted!

Guilbeau
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I said I wouldn't bump this until I had some good news, but I have made a serious error.

DHX Media does NOT own Kissyfur. The rights apparently went to Saban International, which was bought out by Disney in 2001. Disney won't release the rest of its animated series because they're 'not profitable enough'. This might just apply to their Disney Afternoon properties, though. Still, being owned by Disney makes me think they won't turn loose of Kissyfur to release it on DVD Sad . But I'm no expert. Does anyone have an opinion on these changed circumstances?

Guilbeau
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I guy I was talking to on Mill Creek's facebook page(not a Mill Creek representative) said Disney is over-protective of its original properties, but not so much other things they've acquired. Mill Creek has released Disney owned Touchstone's Ernest movies, so it looks like we still have a good shot. He also said that Cookie Jar listed Kissyfur as a property they owned before they were bought out by DHX, which only adds to the confusion. I'm just going to let Mill Creek sort out who actually owns Kissyfur.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update. Hope it comes through. Very Happy Cool

IceDragon
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really want this to happen, but if Disney is the copyright holder, I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

But I have to give them the benefit of the doubt: only judging for the amount of material that is commonly found online (Youtube´s videos mostly, but other things too) I dont think that many people would actually care enough about Kissyfur to buy a DVD release. And that´s a shame, because it is one of my favorites shows ever :/

Mayor West
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guilbeau wrote:
Does anyone know of any other sites I could post my appeals so that others could see them and post as well? I tried retrojunk but it seems hardly anyone ever visits the forums.

Have you looked at reddit.com? They have tons of visits and many specialized 'subreddits' for fans of all sorts of things. Signing up only requires an email address. Careful, though, it is pretty easy to get lost in there! Very Happy

Guilbeau
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceDragon wrote:
I really want this to happen, but if Disney is the copyright holder, I don't think it's gonna happen anytime soon.

But I have to give them the benefit of the doubt: only judging for the amount of material that is commonly found online (Youtube´s videos mostly, but other things too) I dont think that many people would actually care enough about Kissyfur to buy a DVD release. And that´s a shame, because it is one of my favorites shows ever :/

If there was enough support for a release of 'The Get Along Gang' on DVD, then surely there is for Kissyfur.

And also, that Dungeons and Dragons cartoon is owned by Disney, and Mill Creek got a license to release it on DVD.

I still believe, with some more prodding, we could get this to happen.

IceDragon
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guilbeau wrote:
IceDragon wrote:

If there was enough support for a release of 'The Get Along Gang' on DVD, then surely there is for Kissyfur.

And also, that Dungeons and Dragons cartoon is owned by Disney, and Mill Creek got a license to release it on DVD.

I really hope so. Plus, I didnt know anything about those releases... so it may be easier than I thought.

Thanks for the info dude! Smile

Guilbeau
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceDragon wrote:
Guilbeau wrote:
IceDragon wrote:

I really hope so. Plus, I didnt know anything about those releases... so it may be easier than I thought.

Your welcome! But I feel like my campaign is running out of steam. No one's posted on Mill Creek's facebook page about Kissyfur in 2 1/2 months. I've tried messaging fans, but they don't respond(usually). I feel we're really close but we're losing visibility to Mill Creek. I started a reddit the other day, though I don't know how much it will help. I don't know what else to do. Start a tumblr?

My passion for this show might sound strange, but it perfectly encapsulates my childhood. The fact that all those characters might fade away into oblivion makes me very sad.

IceDragon
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guilbeau wrote:
IceDragon wrote:
Guilbeau wrote:
IceDragon wrote:

Your welcome! But I feel like my campaign is running out of steam. No one's posted on Mill Creek's facebook page about Kissyfur in 2 1/2 months. I've tried messaging fans, but they don't respond(usually). I feel we're really close but we're losing visibility to Mill Creek. I started a reddit the other day, though I don't know how much it will help. I don't know what else to do. Start a tumblr?

My passion for this show might sound strange, but it perfectly encapsulates my childhood. The fact that all those characters might fade away into oblivion makes me very sad.

I know what you mean man, I just made a post about some very old tapes stored somewhere and how to retrieve them. And besides, two of my favorites shows ever, have already faded into oblivion.

Don't give up, you can make this happen Very Happy!

Mayor West
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were did you post on reddit? Was there a particular sub that you used? I will follow it and try to get others too!

Guilbeau
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayor West wrote:
Were did you post on reddit? Was there a particular sub that you used? I will follow it and try to get others too!

I posted here(I hope I'm doing this right):

http://www.reddit.com/r/80scartoons/comments/280ih9/lets_get_kissyfur_released_on_dvd_post_on/

I'm very new to these types of blog things, so I don't know if I have it optimised. I also have a tumblr dedicated to my campaign, here is my page:

http://gismerante.tumblr.com/

I know even less about tumblr, so I hope I linked you to the right page.

Mayor West
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both links work fine. I will add to my follow list and share where possible, good luck!

Guilbeau
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayor West wrote:
Both links work fine. I will add to my follow list and share where possible, good luck!

Do you have any advice in sharing? I don't want to be obnoxious and post everywhere, but the sub-group I'm posting on(80's cartoons)doesn't have very many readers.

IceDragon
Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guilbeau wrote:
Mayor West wrote:

Do you have any advice in sharing? I don't want to be obnoxious and post everywhere, but the sub-group I'm posting on(80's cartoons)doesn't have very many readers.

You can try to comment your campaign in the very few YT videos about the show. I bet that many people there would love to see a DVD release of Kissyfur.

Good luck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: