80sCartoons.net Forum Index

RIP Lou Scheimer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:13 pm    Post subject: RIP Lou Scheimer Reply with quote

A sad day for fans of 80's cartoons. Lou Scheimer, co-founder and executive producer for Filmation studios has passed away.

Not only did Lou produce such wonders as Fat Albert, the animated Star Trek, Groovie Ghoolies, Bravestar, and many others including of course He-Man and She-Ra, he also provided the voices to several of our beloved characters (though often under the stage name Erik Gundan). Orko, Mantenna, Trap Jaw, Tri-Klops, King Randor, Swift Wind... all him. He was the voice of Dumb Donald on Fat Albert and provided the opening narration for many of Filmation's series.

Well-known to fans, Lou Scheimer was the executive producer of our beloved cartoon series that not only entertained and captivated our childhoods, but also instilled the fans with meaningful stories filled with life lessons and moral fiber. Many of us would be proud to wear a stamp reading “a Filmation production” as these shows helped mold us in to whom we are. The work of Mr. Scheimer truly touched our lives in a unique and powerful way that we are still fans to this day.

Our hearts go out to Lou Scheimer’s daughter, Erika, and his entire family.

"I HAVE THE POWER!!.... the power is mine, not yours. Thanks for asking."
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's sad to hear of Mr. Lou Scheimer's death. He worked on many cartoons and shows that I remember so well from childhood- Bravestarr in particular was a favorite for me. And of course, he did great shows like the animated Star Trek series, Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids and live action shows like The Secrets of Isis and Shazam! He also did The Hardy Boys cartoon with his Filmation company.
All of his shows also always imparted good morals of truth, honor and justice and loyalty- and I am definitely appreciative of that.
May God comfort and bless his family during this sad time. Crying or Very sad

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad to hear. He brought so much joy to children for so many decades, taught us right from wrong and how to use our imaginations to their fullest extent. He brought us on numerous quests and adventures we could only dream of and most of all he helped shape me into the person I am today. Rest in Peace.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: