80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Masters of the Universe Classics: Galactic Protector She-Ra

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Masters of the Universe Classics: Galactic Protector She-Ra Reply with quote

Greetings fellow He-Fans and She-Ravers,

Continuing the Club Etheria mini-sub, which celebrates the 30th Anniversary of Princess of Power, we come to the figure meant to truly commemorate the event. An all new variant of She-Ra herself! The concept behind the figure comes off a more what if factor though; What if She-Ra had been along for the New Adventures era? Originally it was just He-Man who went to Primus, raising the question of what happened to everyone back home while he was gone. In the Classics continuity that has been changed and She-Ra had joined her brother in the Tri-Solar galaxy and gotten a new look to go along with it.

Galactic Protector She-Ra comes in the standard MOTUC blister card pack. Her bubble features the Galactic Protector logo sticker as opposed to the Princess of Power one. This does make sense since this version of the character belongs in the NA era. The back of the box shows off other figures in the line and gives a bio for this new variant.

A mind bogglingly SHITTY bio! This ranks right up there with Battleground Teela's as one of the absolute worst ever! Now look, I have always pictured the final battle ending with She-Ra making an exception to her no killing rule and offing Horde Prime. That's not the issue here, what happens after is completely inexcusable! Is it any wonder why I utterly despise the whole Despara thing? Seriously, this is spitting in the face (no scratch that it's throwing feces in the face) of every She-Ra fan. It would be bad enough at any given time, but remember this figure is supposed to be to celebrate the 30th Anniversary. How could anyone think this was a good idea? "Hey She-Ra's turning 30. Let's mark the occasion by having her turn evil and destroy Eternia!" By the Elders! You are fired from breathing! Pack up your desk and kindly leave life! At this point it barely even matters what happens next, the damage is done and will forever scar the history of our beloved heroine. (I say barely because I'm almost sure it's going to get worse!)

URRRGH!!!!!!!!!! I mean......... I just.....how stupid........GAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I actually had to walk away from typing this for about an hour just to calm down it makes me so mad!

Okay let's throw that bio card into the shredder, burn the pieces, bury the ashes in a landfill and move on to the actual figure. GP She-Ra uses much of the same body mold as Bubble Power She-Ra, which means she actually DOES have boot cut articulation. (Though mine is a bit tight) It's her outfit that's new with the newly designed skirt and her bodice that actually harkens back to the vintage She-Ra's toy design though done in silver instead of gold. Her belt with the gun and holster is removable and actually is the same mold that came with Adora and Queen Marlena.

She-Ra has a new cape made of a softer flexible plastic. It's done with a white outside and blue interior perfectly matching her outfit. The cape has a small slot on it for holstering her sword. As for the sword it is made with the green translucent blade and NA style design. It actually looks like what a NA Sword of Protection should -in that it looks just like NA He-Man's sword but with the blue gem in the hilt. The gem is just painted though instead of an imbedded jewel like the regular Sword of Protection. She-Ra also includes a green translucent shield done in an eagle/falcon shape design. Like most shields in the line it clips onto her arm and works best on the left.

GP She-Ra has a new head sculpt. While it is the unmistakable She-Ra face, her helmet is part of the head mold and does not come off. You can however remove the visor from the helmet. (yes it is designed to do this) I find however that this doesn't quite look right from a straight on angle. From the side it's fine, but looking directly at the face without the visor it makes the helmet look like it's a bit too big for her. Also I would have preferred the wings on the side be sculpted more facing front like on She-Ra's traditional headdress (and in GP She-Ra's mini comic appearance for that matter)

Overall though I actually really like this figure, and that's coming from someone who's not that into variants. She looks perfect standing alongside Galactic Protector He-Man and it's great to finally get a brand new She-Ra. With all the He-Mans and Skeletors (and even several Man-At-Arms) out there it's about time She-Ra got some attention and respect as well. Too bad they had to go and disrespect her so much in the bio to introduce her. In short: Figure gets an A bio gets an F-.

Like all the November releases, Galactic Protector She-Ra got taken down during the Black Friday-Cyber Monday sale so check back around Wednesday or later to see if she goes back up. Until next time, Good Journey.

"I HAVE THE POWER!!.... the power is mine, not yours. Thanks for asking."
Mikey
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Galactic version of She-ra doesn't look bad.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: