80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Waxing nostalgic on '80s toys of plastic

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:03 am    Post subject: Waxing nostalgic on '80s toys of plastic Reply with quote

I'm not a collector of He-Man and the Masters of the Universe toys (since I never really watched the series as a kid), but I thought I'd mention this here- I was looking through an antique mall the other day and found a number of He-Man toys for sale- of course, all of them were out of their boxes and had no accessories, but it was still fun to see He-Man, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces and others that are now vaguely familiar to me thanks to all the reviews on this site Wink , but I can't recall their names. Of course, I also found a Mumm-Ra toy from the "ThunderCats" cartoon (the original '80s one, that is)- and that show I did watch as a kid and so that was fun to find. (Of course, Mumm-Ra didn't have his red hood on though). And I found a Hawkman toy from the 1980s "Super Powers" line- I remember seeing ads for that toy line as a kid in the comics and it was one of the coolest toy lines for superheroes I'd ever seen- still is, really.
Oh yeah- and some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles toys from the original '80s cartoon [some of which I already still have at home Smile ].
I didn't buy anything (though I will admit, I was tempted to grab up some of the Turtles toys and Hawkman....) but I didn't really have the time or money. Anyway, it was just a fun '80s toy story and I thought I'd share. Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: