80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Can you identify this sci fi cartoon?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaveCrowley
Radical

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Can you identify this sci fi cartoon? Reply with quote

I think that it was in the late 80s.
I thought it was called "Zone Riders" but i cant find it.
THe premise was that the bad guys were talking over the world or whatever by putting up these Zone Generators that caused the a foggy area that turned people into zombies with red blotches on their body. the heros were a team that had suits made from a rare material that made them immune to the effects of the zone. they had one wheeled white motercycles that they would ride into the zones to destroy the zone generators and save the day. the heros each had a special unique backpack with special abilities or tools. I believe there was a line of toys sold as well.
Im looking to identify the name of the cartoon and find a link to some of the episodes. (to relive my youth)
I remember it fondly, but no one that i talk to seem to know what im talking about.
I thought that it was a clever premise at the time, but I dont think it caught on and was only on about 2 seasons.
any help or validation would be apreciated! thanks

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral Zone(87)

The evil scientist Overlord, develops a device that is able to spread an engineered virus across half the globe. The virus makes the infected mindless zombies. Overlord is able to treat a group of his mercenaries and make them immune to the zone's effects, although the treatment leaves their faces with red markings. His soldiers are called the Black Widows.

The nations not under the influence of the virus pool their resources to create an elite team to stop the evil doctor and his forces.Only those with special helmets are immune to the effects. The forces of good are called the Zone Raiders. Their mission was to end the reign of Overlord by destroying his emitters, and finding a cure for the strange infection.

Watch at YouTube

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: