80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Beetlejuice

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Beetlejuice Reply with quote

Me? discussing an 80īs cartoon?! Does that mean that this is Doomsday? Yes, but mostly because I brought my Atari 2600 to a plane (and also because the only two commands I have are move and move faster... I should totally plan things out better Razz).

BJ its one of the wackiest cartoons that ever hit the TV (no surprise there) but its also the one that made the bigger impact in my surroundings. I mean, I know a guy who is several years younger than I, and he made a website dedicated to that toon, because that is how much he loves it (and he doesnīt like cartoons at all)... and even my sister is capable to go back to it every once in a while (and that's one heck of an accomplishment).

I think that what I like the most is how unpredictable the episodes are (I mean, sure, you can tell whatīs happening, but you could never guess how things are going to be -or look- at the end). But Iīm not fond with the humor, and I donīt know exactly why (but I canīt say I enjoyed it that much in the movie either)... to me, the whole charm of Beetlejuice comes from the little chats he has with Lydia (or how her parents react sometimes). And is weird, really, because I donīt think the cartoon was planned that way, but whatever.

But there actually is an episode that made me laugh really hard, the one named: Cousin B.J. -season 1, episode 19-. That is, in fact, the episode that single-handedly made me want to search for that cartoon again.

Overall, it has a great artistic design, nice voice-acting, and scripts that worth their weight in gold. I think the music kinda suck, but I havenīt watch this toon in a while, so thereīs probably no music at all in there, and Iīm just talking nonsense (no surprise there).

Iīm divagating again, Donīt I? Epic cartoon, I love it (and hope you too Razz).

Last edited by IceDragon on Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all your musings about things, and look forward to the sidetracks and bringing it all back together at the end! I mean this in the most positive way, I always come away with a smile and most certainly a chuckle. Very Happy

You'll have to elaborate on your Atari 2600 adventure. Also, when you watch these shows do you get them with Spanish, or however you can find them and try to follow along? Your English is great, do you speak or practice any other languages?

Thanks for the awesome articles! Sorry for my own tangent, let me return to your topic...

BEETLEJUICE...BEETLEJUICE...BEETLEJUICE!

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen a bit of this cartoon in the past- it's definitely pretty interesting, unpredictable and funny. But I'm not a huge Beetlejuice fan, though I've seen most of the movie at different times when it's aired on cable. It is a pretty neat cartoon though and it was fairly recently released in its entirety to DVD, so that's nice to have available.
I appreciate your thoughts on things too- it's always good to hear a different perspective. (And since this is 80scartoons.net after all, yes- it is nice to see you talking about a 1980s cartoon- lol. Laughing Wink )

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mayor West wrote:
I love all your musings about things, and look forward to the sidetracks and bringing it all back together at the end! I mean this in the most positive way, I always come away with a smile and most certainly a chuckle. Very Happy

You'll have to elaborate on your Atari 2600 adventure. Also, when you watch these shows do you get them with Spanish, or however you can find them and try to follow along? Your English is great, do you speak or practice any other languages?

Thanks for the awesome articles! Sorry for my own tangent, let me return to your topic...

BEETLEJUICE...BEETLEJUICE...BEETLEJUICE!

Thanks a lot man Very Happy!

I usually work with whatever resources I happen to have at the moment when It comes to watch a cartoon. My three languages are english, spanish, and -very little- swedish, but if I really want to see the toon, Iīll do it in any language (I bet the weirdest of all was Filipino one time) and enjoy it regardless... but luckily, BJ is available on latin-spanish, so I donīt have much trouble with it (Iīm fond with english dubbings though, and sometimes I rather watch toons with those "voices").

And thanks for appreciate my english, itīs nice to see that all the time and effort invested into making it sound no-caveman style its finally paying off.

MacGyver wrote:
I've seen a bit of this cartoon in the past- it's definitely pretty interesting, unpredictable and funny. But I'm not a huge Beetlejuice fan, though I've seen most of the movie at different times when it's aired on cable. It is a pretty neat cartoon though and it was fairly recently released in its entirety to DVD, so that's nice to have available.
I appreciate your thoughts on things too- it's always good to hear a different perspective. (And since this is 80scartoons.net after all, yes- it is nice to see you talking about a 1980s cartoon- lol. Laughing Wink )

You know? Iīd like to apologize for that. I like this place SO much (its always opened on a tab in my working computer just to keep me sane after watching words flashing on screen for eight hours, and hearing my boss yell like he was Yosemite Sam Laughing) but its really hard to me to focus on the "80s" part of the deal. Cable operators here started at the nineties, and they somehow only showed cartoons from the 70īs and the current time, so I didn't actually grew up with many of them. That doesn't excuse me in any way, shape, or form though, and I totally understand that having to read about all those other toons you all probably have never watched or heard of can be such a pain.

And yes, I apologize.

Last edited by IceDragon on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You know? Iīd like to apologize for that. I like this place SO much (its always opened on a tab in my working computer just to keep me sane after watching words flashing for eight hours, and hearing my boss yelling like he was Yosemite Sam ) but its really hard to me to focus on the "80s" part of the deal. Cable operators here started at the nineties, and they somehow only showed cartoons from the 70īs and the current time, so I didn't actually grew up with many of them. That doesn't excuse me in any way, shape, or form though, and I totally understand that having to read about all those other toons you all probably have never watched or heard of can be such a pain.

And yes, I apologize.

Haha- you don't have to apologize to me, man. It's no problem- you can talk about any cartoon you want (in the appropriate forum threads, of course. Smile )
I was just kidding you- it's understandable that anyone is only familiar with certain cartoons due to their age and what was available to them during their childhood and all.
I'm just happy to see activity on these forums at all- if it happens to be in the '80s cartoons threads, that's nice to see- but it's great to see conversations in the other threads too. Smile Cool
Thanks for your many contributions and observations here. And I am laughing at the image of your boss yelling like Yosemite Sam- haha. I understand that. Laughing Hang in there, Bugs Bunny.
And by the way, I agree with Mayor West. Your English is very good. Cool

Invaders
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While this wasn't one of my favorites, I did watch it occasionally and some episodes did indeed stand out due to the nature of the show.

It's sad that they never made an animated feature film of it as the one with real actors was good but it couldn't really capture the true essence of Beetlejuice from the animation due to limitations not present in that medium.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for weighing in, Invaders (I'll assume the ones from Space, yes? Wink Smile ). And if I haven't already said it- Glad to see you posting here. Welcome to the forums- hope you've been enjoying them. Very Happy Cool

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
Quote:
You know? Iīd like to apologize for that. I like this place SO much (its always opened on a tab in my working computer just to keep me sane after watching words flashing for eight hours, and hearing my boss yelling like he was Yosemite Sam ) but its really hard to me to focus on the "80s" part of the deal. Cable operators here started at the nineties, and they somehow only showed cartoons from the 70īs and the current time, so I didn't actually grew up with many of them. That doesn't excuse me in any way, shape, or form though, and I totally understand that having to read about all those other toons you all probably have never watched or heard of can be such a pain.

And yes, I apologize.

Haha- you don't have to apologize to me, man. It's no problem- you can talk about any cartoon you want (in the appropriate forum threads, of course. Smile )
I was just kidding you- it's understandable that anyone is only familiar with certain cartoons due to their age and what was available to them during their childhood and all.
I'm just happy to see activity on these forums at all- if it happens to be in the '80s cartoons threads, that's nice to see- but it's great to see conversations in the other threads too. Smile Cool
Thanks for your many contributions and observations here. And I am laughing at the image of your boss yelling like Yosemite Sam- haha. I understand that. Laughing Hang in there, Bugs Bunny.
And by the way, I agree with Mayor West. Your English is very good. Cool

Well, that's such a relief, but I wouldn't mind if you were serious about it, not after how nice you all were with me.

No prob about the contributions, its nice to share what I have in the head, and read the awesome feedback I got here.

But hang on, Yosemite just came back from his coffee break and I better start writing... no, that ain't right... I better start writing about what I'm being paid to Razz!

Last edited by IceDragon on Tue Sep 09, 2014 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah- definitely keep Sam happy. Smile Cool

MQuack
Gnarly

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I'll watch this and The Real Ghostbusters during October and see if I can get through both series! Very doubtful, but could be really fun! Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great choices for some Halloween fun! Very Happy Cool
I ain't afraid of no ghost......Go ahead- make my millennium! Laughing

Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MQuack wrote:
Maybe I'll watch this and The Real Ghostbusters during October and see if I can get through both series! Very doubtful, but could be really fun! Smile

I really like this juxtaposition, and it raises some interesting questions about ghosts who bust humans and humans who bust ghosts. Confused I'm going to have to meditate over that with a Manwich...

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: