80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Did this cartoon exist?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madapplejack
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Did this cartoon exist? Reply with quote

Hi. I'm trying to find details about a cartoon that was, iirc, from the early to mid eighties. I don't remember very many details; it wasn't one I particularly liked, and I think I only saw the intro a few times.

The main character was a boy, maybe 10-12 years old. He might have been a prince of some kind. I believe he was a from a futuristic city in the sky. I remember in the intro, he's shown kneeling and being knighted, like with a sword tapping him on each shoulder, and being told to go forth and yadda yadda. Then, I think they showed him flying down to earth on something like a hoverboard. I think he had a female companion, and also a comedy-relief robot or alien companion.

The closest thing I've come across is Ulysses 31; it certainly has a lot of the same elements, and it fits the time frame. Thing is, I very clearly remember the scene of the boy being knighted, with the kneeling and the sword tap on the shoulders. Did that maybe happen in the one of the episodes, or am I remembering a completely different cartoon?

Thanks

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A boy from an advanced city in the clouds
with a female companion, and a third
Ulysses connection

Wild guess,...

Sport Billy (82)

Sport Billy was an emmissary of the intergalactic sports federation. He was sent to Earth to preserve the spirit of sportsmanship throughout time and space. He was aided in his mission by Sport Lilly and their dog Willy.
His most useful piece of equipment was his omni-bag. It was a bottomless gym bag that could hold anything that he would need.

Sport Billy Intro

if not do you remember anything else?
------------------

Madapplejack
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that must be it. It certainly has the right "look" for the cartoon I had in mind. I must have misremembered a lot of it.

Honestly, I don't remember much more about it. It wasn't a show that I liked; I always changed the channel when it came on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: