80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Help with worm/maggot/leech cartoon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecksmarksthespot
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:21 am    Post subject: Help with worm/maggot/leech cartoon Reply with quote

Hello,

For years I have tried to remember a cartoon which haunted me for ages and gave me nightmares as a 7 year old or so! (So, that would have been 1987, or thereabouts for the year).

We rented a VHS tape, so I don't know if it was a film, a short or an episode from a series.

What I do remember, is some characters walking across a yellow planet, but you could see a cross section of 20 metres or so of earth underneath the characters feet. From below, these leech/worm/maggot things buried up and up, and I think they then buried into the people's feet. My experience of this cartoon ended there, because at that point I was terrified and turned it off!

I'd love to know what it was, everyone thinks I dreamt it and I've lived with not knowing what it is. I'd love to see if it's even remotely scary now I'm 30!

Thanks a ton in advance,

Jon.

ecksmarksthespot
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One bump and then I'll leave this to die Sad

Jon.

moalpine
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not often you can stump the guys in this forum. I guess anything else you can remember, such as what type of animation? Where you were when you rented this (states or across the pond)? Anything really.

Icemage
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of planet was it? Not Earth-like I assume. Were the people wearing anything distinctive? Space suits maybe?

ecksmarksthespot
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember there being a lot of yellow, browns and reds on the earth/planet, but I can't remember more than that.

If I remember rightly, the people were wearing outfits ala braveheart - kinda scifi cowboys - but that could just be my brain failing to remember it all Smile I dont think they were wearing space suits.

I rented this in the UK in probably the late 80's - I don't really remember the style of the animation. I do remember the worms quite literally just moving lines - no faces or detail to them. They were also very small in comparison to the humans - maybe a foot long at the very most?

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scifi cowboys bit makes me think of Bravestarr. Perhaps it was an episode of this '80s cartoon?

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
ecksmarksthespot
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said in my first post it was a bit like Braveheart... I had meant Bravestarr. It definately wasn't an episode of that Smile

Jon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: