80sCartoons.net Forum Index

What a movie-Transformers 2007!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Optimus
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: What a movie-Transformers 2007! Reply with quote

Calling all transformers geeks!

What did you guys think of the movie.....i know some had early releases while other's late....lets not spoil for those who are not so privilieged... Twisted Evil

But what a movie....i mean Peter Cullen...the action...the corny love story...optimus vs megatron....all in one go....I mean so much to see and feel....I felt like the 5 year old kid every time those robots transformed....

definitely worth watching...not once....but twice....heck...if you have the money....see it 10 times....

critics might argue it is a movie for the kids....but heck there is a kid in all of us thats just waiting to come out....i say its time for us to TRANSFORM AND ROLL OUT! Wink

dan_sedulous
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great movie! Very Happy Was a bit worried, but definitely one I'll watch over again. Can't wait to get it home on dvd, and play it in my home theater!

Can't wait to see the totals on the ticket sales. Considering as of Thursday it was nearly $85 million I'm hoping to see at least double by Monday morning.

For anyone debating on seeing it.........GO NOW!!!!!!!!!!!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh wow! I saw Transformers and loved it!!! Very Happy
It was so cool to see my cartoon heroes from the 80s come to live action! Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime- that was great!!! Especially when he said the classic line - "One shall stand and one shall fall". (Which of course, he also said in the FIRST Transformers movie- you know, the cartoon one back in 1986! Wink )
And Shia Labeouf was great as Sam Witwicky! The whole scene with the teacher- "You gotta ask yourself, 'What would Jesus do?' "
Laughing That was great- Jesus wouldn't reward laziness but He would show mercy! Very Happy
The whole movie felt very much like the cartoon- I would say this is one of the best cartoon to live action movie translations I've seen. (Probably up there with The Flintstones movies- both of which came off very well I thought. For that matter, I also loved George of the Jungle and George of the Jungle 2 (yeah-seriously, it's really funny and worth seeing), Dudley Do-Right (one of the funniest movies I've ever seen) and The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle. And the Inspector Gadget movies aren't too bad either. I do take issue with the Scooby Doo movies as they're more of a parody than anything- but I can take the 2nd. one okay- but I hate what they did with the first one. That was just wrong to do that to Scrappy.)

Anyway- got a bit offtopic there...but yeah, Transformers ROCKS!!! Go check it out! (Yes, and Bumblebee rules! Cool )

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Butcher
Gnarly

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was actually really worried about that movie and had very low expectations.
I thought the movie was gonna suck big time since I don't like cartoon to movie translations much mostly. But it turned out pretty well and it did felt a bit like the classic 80's transformers instead of all the new junk that has been done with transformers. so anyway it rocks and def worth checking out

Miss_R
Gnarly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my friend saw it at the cinema and we loved it!!!! Very Happy Needless to say i got it for christmas heh.

Tubular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went to the Movies to see this and loved it. My GF wasn't thrilled I could only get tix @ 2am on opening night. Anyway well worth it.

I bought it on HD-DVD and it was just as cool. Yes I know HD-DVD lost the war, but doesn't make it any less cool in 1080P.

jams002
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

transformer that is an cool cartoons!!!

HerbertWest
Gnarly

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved it, saw it four times in a theater two years ago! been pleasantly suprised, although the sequel is inferior.

Waverobot
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loved the first movie, the next two are just passable. Hoping the fourth will make up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Transformers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: