80sCartoons.net Forum Index

HBO Short

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gojumaster
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 6:10 pm    Post subject: HBO Short Reply with quote

Hello,

I see that there are some amazing people here. Hopefully you can help me with my question.

My uncle worked on a cartoon back in the 80's for HBO. It had a little blonde boy with big ears (me). I have one of the animation cells with the boy riding the back of a white crane flying.

I know that's not much to go on. If you need a pic, let me know.

Thanks,

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...pictures are cool. Smile

gojumaster
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:26 am    Post subject: Re: HBO Short Reply with quote

OK, here you go:

gojumaster wrote:
Hello,

I see that there are some amazing people here. Hopefully you can help me with my question.

My uncle worked on a cartoon back in the 80's for HBO. It had a little blonde boy with big ears (me). I have one of the animation cells with the boy riding the back of a white crane flying.

I know that's not much to go on. If you need a pic, let me know.

Thanks,
[img][/img]

gojumaster
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Re: HBO Short Reply with quote

(bump)

Any ideas? I thought I remembered hearing that it was for HBO, but maybe for Showtime or some other cable network?...

Thanks,

moalpine
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost looks like a rip off of this http://www.grems.org/tvintro/nielsholgerson.wmv

Icemage
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The character doesn't ring any bells for me. I thought for a moment it might be a cell from Potsworth & Company as the animation style is similar to that Hanna-Barbara 'toon, but it's definitely not.

HBO sounds... incorrect. I can't for the life of me remember any animated content from them in the 1980s. Can anyone else?

gojumaster
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could be wrong, I'm going from memory as a kid. Perhaps Showtime? I'd swear he said it was for a cable network. Keep in mind, the background doesn't necessarily match the cell. I just put them together for framing. I think they look ok together.

Icemage wrote:
The character doesn't ring any bells for me. I thought for a moment it might be a cell from Potsworth & Company as the animation style is similar to that Hanna-Barbara 'toon, but it's definitely not.

HBO sounds... incorrect. I can't for the life of me remember any animated content from them in the 1980s. Can anyone else?

Icemage
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know what company your uncle used to work for? There are only a limited number of them, and at the very least you could perhaps look up their catalog on IMDB or some such to get a hint. Cable companies like HBO and Showtime took a while before they started producing their own original content in the '80s, so if it really is from one of them, it would probably in the later half of the decade.

Failing that, is there anyone in your family and/or any of his friends that you could ask for such information? That would be tremendously helpful.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: