80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Looking for the name of a violent children's cartoon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
embit
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Looking for the name of a violent children's cartoon Reply with quote

Hi everybody,

this might be a tough one. I remember a cartoon that was broadcasted in the early 80s in Germany one afternoon (pretty sure it came from the UK or US though).

There were Pacman-like creatures on a platform or a scaffolding in the sea. The colors were bright and i think there was also a funny / happy tune to it. But things started to get violent. The creatures suddenly attacked each other. One was thrown from the platform into the water and another dropped a bomb on it. Another creature got its tongue pulled out with some forceps. I'm not kidding. Maybe it was all in the intro as I didn't get to see more of it because my parents changed channels when they noticed the cruelty (and rightly so, I was quite shocked).

Thank you for reading. Does anyone know what show I'm talking about?

moalpine
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems like a tough one. Here is a website that has a good database of US, UK, Japanese, and other cartoons and shows. http://www.retrojunk.com/
Good Luck!

Was the show shown on the American Force Network? I lived in Germany in the mid-80's and that was the only English-speaking channel we received.

embit
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm quite certain that it ran on ARD or ZDF (both public broadcasters as you may know, as commercial stations weren't really around before 1985 or so in Germany). No, we didn't receive American or other channels but somehow I feel it had an English title.. Maybe something with 'Mr. ...' in it but the memory is too weak. It must have escaped the control of the TV programmers because such violence wasn't usually shown at that time in Germany.

I'm going to check that retrojunk-site as well. Hope I'm not crazy ;P
And thank you very much!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: