80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Late 80s sci-fi Cartoon

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bootmonster
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:13 pm    Post subject: Late 80s sci-fi Cartoon Reply with quote

I can't remember a huge amount about the cartoon itself I was really young at the time. It may have been the very early 90s, but I'm fairly sure it wasn't on terrestrial TV in the UK but only on satellite as I got it on VHS from my cousin and hadn't seen it on TV before.

Two distinct storylines stand out that I can remember.

1. One of the bad guys steals a fire suit that can melt through walls and metal, and there is a scene on a freeway/motorway bridge I'm sure. They try to capture him using an asbestos box but he gets away by melting through the floor. I'm sure he breaks into a bank vault is in this episode as well.

2. Another episode involves the bad guy turning invisible,again maybe through a suit I'm not sure. They way the captue him is to make it snow so they can see him when the snow falls on him. Any ideas?

Hope someone remembers it!

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly episodes
The Case of the Red-Hot Hoodlum
The Case of the Invisible Crime

of the series

C.O.P.S. (87)
a.k.a. Cyber Cops
"Fighting crime in a future time."

The members of C.O.P.S. were an elite team of police officers in the near future, and each specialized in a particular field. It was a little like G.I. Joe. They were led by agent B.P. Vess (nickname Bulletproof). I remember that in the first episode, Big Boss carried out a hit on their team leader, but like in Robocop they were able to save him with cybernetics. When he came back to lead the team, his torso was indeed bulletproof. I also remember the police dog was entirely cybernetic, with a police light and siren on his back.
I believe the name was changed to Cyber Cops to avoid any confusion with the reality show C.O.P.S. that began it run in 88

Watch
The Case of The Red Hot Hoodlum
(YouTube.com)

Watch
The Case of the Invisible Crime
(YouTube.com)

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm almost positive that he's referring to episodes of C.O.P.S. - specifically the episodes Straydog listed. I remember "The Case of the Red-Hot Hoodlum" pretty vividly- seems like I just watched that one fairly recently. Great '80s cartoon- one of my favorites. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: