Joined: 24 Oct 2010
|Posted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:44 pm Post subject: Robotic Farmer challenges boy to plow race - What is this!?!
|Please help us figure out what cartoon this is!
Here's what we for sure remember:
- It's an American cartoon and we're pretty sure its from the 80s.
- The villain was a farmer who added robot pieces to himself (we specifically remember a metal jaw and a plow that could be attached to his waist)
- The hero was a young boy trying save/protect his farm.
- The robo-farmer challenged the boy to a plow race to take over his farm.
- Mid way through the race, the boy fell into an abandoned well.
- We don't remember how the race ended, or how the boy got out of the well, but we remember at the end, SOMETHING (we have no idea what) made robo-farmer laugh. As he laughed, all his metal pieces fell off, and he became human again. He had a white beard. He became a good guy.
Here's what we think may or not be true:
- We think it might be part of a cartoon series or a one time special. We think it might be raggedy ann and andy, or something like that. Maybe. Maybe not.
- There might have been an Easter theme. There might have been a rabbit, and he might have been magical. Maybe. They might have given robo-farmer an Easter egg to cause the laughing.
It was on the same VHS tape as the Bernstein Bears special where they have a baby (the girl). So it might have been around that same time frame.
We used to watch this tape every year for Easter, but it was destroyed when hurricane Ike flooded our parents house. Please help us track down this lost treasure of our childhood! Thanks!