80sCartoons.net Forum Index

please Help me find Super Turbo Atomic mega Rabbit

View previous topic :: View next topic  
super_bobo124
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: please Help me find Super Turbo Atomic mega Rabbit Reply with quote

does anyone remember this show? I remember seeing this once when I was a kid, but I can't find much about it.

I'm trying to find it, to prove I'm not crazy to a friend haha. Also, I've love to see it again!

I started a thred on retrojunk.com, and I had a little success
http://www.retrojunk.com/community/post/index/52752

Someone found an old modelsheet of one of the characters. a Frog.

http://s28.postimg.org/5guj0xngd/wyatt_stamr00635_super_turbo_atomic_mega_rabbit.jpg

But I was wondering if you guys know any sites I can find more info, or if any of you guys remember it.

Here's what I can remember about it. the main character was a rabbit, and he had a crew, a frog, and a female cat. I think there was a bear or a wolf as well.

and I think they had a tank, kind like the thundercats one.

any help would be greatly aprieciated

Thanks in advance

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe the key would be in gather all the info you can get, and then try to find the original name for the cartoon, rather than the one you already know. Many shows out there are impossible to find in spanish or english, but result insultingly easy to find in any other languages (boy, I know about that...).

I will check all my sources, and see what I can find. Good Luck!

EDIT: There is a username in the picture you got from RetroJunk, but it doesn't lead to anything in Google.

Tell me something, from when did you watch this cartoon? 70s? 80s? 90s?

Last edited by IceDragon on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A Space Capt. Rabbit
Female cat second in command
A baboon...(not a bear/wolf)
vs an army of frogs though. no frog crewmates

Sounds vaguely like

Bucky O'Hare
and the Toad Wars
(90)

A child genius creates a gateway to a paralell dimension populated entirely by animals. He falls in with a group of freedom fighters led by the heroic Bucky O'Hare.
Captain O'Hare fights against the forces of the Toad Empire on his ship the Righteous Indignation.

-View-
Bucky O'Hare
--
Call me cynical,Confused
but the title seems a bit cobbled together

Maybe Icedragon has it right, and the title is
translated from another language.
In what country did you watch it ?

super_bobo124
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Guys thanks for all your help.

No it definately wasn't Bucky O'hare. I loved bucky o'hare when I was a kid. I had the toys and everything, so I wouldn't mistake it.

It wasn't set in space. it was on earth. and he was like a kinda marshal artist. kinda like yojimbo rabbit. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2Fe_4HjOMY

At one point I thought I'd cracked it when I found yojimbo rabbit ( or Usagi).

But Atomic mega rabbit (looking at it now) must have been a bit of a cheap rip off.

I saw it once when I was in spain. I have family there and my cousin had a recording of it, or a tape.

IceDragon : I'm not sure when it was from. I saw it around 1992, I know it must have been 1992 because I was in spain during the barcelona olympics. So it's before 1992, but I really don't know when
But from what I can remember it wasn't in spainish, It could have had spanish sub. It's so long ago I can't recall.

Gosh maybe it was just some weird spanish rebrand of Usagi. was there ever an episode when he had a tank, and a crew that had a frog?
This frog
http://s28.postimg.org/5guj0xngd/wyatt_stamr00635_super_turbo_atomic_mega_rabbit.jpg

Thanks again, for your help.

If I find anything else I'll post it up.

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

super_bobo124 wrote:

IceDragon : I'm not sure when it was from. I saw it around 1992, I know it must have been 1992 because I was in spain during the barcelona olympics. So it's before 1992, but I really don't know when
But from what I can remember it wasn't in spainish, It could have had spanish sub. It's so long ago I can't recall.

Well, that certainly narrows things down a bit. But, as far as I can tell, this was not made in Spain, because the only animation studio of that country that produced things prior than 1992, did not make any cartoon that resembles yours.

Interestingly enough, Space Usagi was indeed re-edited in Spain, in the form of a Comic Book.

EDIT: And I just found out that both Usagi Yojimbo and Bucky O´Hare are related. So, we were on the right track all along.

super_bobo124
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i don't think it was a spanish show.

"Usagi Yojimbo and Bucky O´Hare are related" How do u mean?

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The character was bought from a similarly themed manga, and integrated into
the turtle's universe by appearing in several crossovers in their comic book
and several episode of the original and newer series

Space Usagi

-view-
Usagi pilot never aired
Space Usagi pilot

Last edited by Straydog on Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, do you remember anything about the network in where you saw this cartoon? I mean, since Wikipedia -and a handful of other sites- has some informative lists about the cartoons that were on those channels, that might just be what we need.

These are the most common spanish networks: http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Canales_de_televisi%C3%B3n_en_Espa%C3%B1a#Televisi.C3.B3n_en_abierto (it is in spanish, but maybe you can remember the name of the channel or something).

super_bobo124
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh I have no clue what channel it was. I think it was a recording or he had a tape, As I remember re-watching it with him a couple of time, plus we used to pause it and try and draw the characters.

I remember asking him a couple of years ago if he still had the tape. but he said they chucked all that kinda stuff out when his family moved. gutted!

I could ask him if he knows weather it was recorded from a station or if it was a tape. but I'm guessing it was a recording, as I only remember one episode, and most cartoon tapes had at least 3 episodes per tape. AlsoI don't recall a box

super_bobo124
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh I have no clue what channel it was. I think it was a recording or he had a tape, As I remember re-watching it with him a couple of time, plus we used to pause it and try and draw the characters.

I remember asking him a couple of years ago if he still had the tape. but he said they chucked all that kinda stuff out when his family moved. gutted!

I could ask him if he knows weather it was recorded from a station or if it was a tape. but I'm guessing it was a recording, as I only remember one episode, and most cartoon tapes had at least 3 episodes per tape. AlsoI don't recall a box

SharpFork
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

judging by that Frog character it's definitely not anything from Bucky Ohare and the Usagi Yojimbo pilot was never aired and only a 5 minute episode was produced for marketing- plus these shows are both to cartoony where the Frog on that model sheet has a very 70s-80s vibe to him.

I tried deciphering what it says on it and could make this out, doesn't really help I guess heh

"is the largest and (can't decipher word) character"
"A 6' 2" bodybuilder type"
"Is our superhero. He is (can't decipher word) while still maintaining a peaceful quality."
"Men's (can't decipher word) which is worn on his left arm during battle"
"-Is perfectly proportioned"

super_bobo124
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool,

Thanks Sharpfork. wow, I couldn't make out anything from that, I save the image as well and zoomed in.

interestingly when I did the file name reads like this
wyatt_stamr00635_super_turbo_atomic_mega_rabbit

!! so the name is correct! I wonder if Wyatt Stamr is his name?

I need to find out who posted this image

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: