80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Thundarr The Barbarian roaring onto DVD soon!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: Thundarr The Barbarian roaring onto DVD soon! Reply with quote

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Pirates-Darkwater-The-Complete-Series/14334

Note that these were just rumors at the time and nothing was finalized with Warner Brothers yet. But see below for updates!
But in the story above (about the release of "The Pirates of Dark Water"- the complete series on DVD! Very Happy -coming out as a "Manufacture on Demand" title from WB on August 31st.), there's mention of some other shows WB may be looking at for release later on.
According to TVshowsonDVD.com, the rumor is that WB is looking at Thundarr The Barbarian (1980s classic!) and Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space (1970s not-as-classic but cool anyway!) for September.
And they may even be looking for some Halloween-themed shows for October and there's rumors going on about either (or maybe both) of the 1973 and 1992 cartoon series of The Addams Family coming to DVD!
And of course, there's always stuff in the works we don't know about.
We'll see how it goes. Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O

Last edited by MacGyver on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! It's confirmed! Thundarr the Barbarian will be released to DVD within a week!
Check out the cover art for Thundarr the Barbarian! It will be available for purchase on September 28th. as a Manufacture-on-Demand DVD title. It's only available online through WBshop.com (but it won't be listed until next week).
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Thundarr-Barbarian-The-Complete-Series/14434
Very Happy

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also as a quick update- since I mentioned these titles earlier in this thread (though I do try to keep any news I post on upcoming cartoon DVDs strictly about 1980s cartoons)- I thought I'd pass along some cool news on two '70s gems.
The 1973 version of The Addams Family is indeed coming to DVD through WB's MOD (Manufacture-on-Demand) DVD program! It will be available on October 19th. Check out the cover art below.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Addams-Family-The-Complete-Series/14435

(It would be really great if Warner Brothers could find a way to include the "Scooby-Doo Meets The Addams Family: Wednesday is Missing" episode of "The New Scooby-Doo Movies" on this disc as an extra, since this is one of the episodes for whatever legal reason was not included on the previous DVD "best of" release of "The New Scooby-Doo Movies" series. It seems unlikely, but we'll see.)
Hopefully the 1992 version of "The Addams Family" cartoon is still in the works too.

Also, Warner Brothers has confirmed that "Josie and the Pussycats in Outer Space" is indeed in the works for a MOD DVD title! Smile They had wanted to have it out by the end of September previously, but they said they would have to move it back. So plans are not known for sure on this one- but maybe it'll still get out by the end of the year anyway. We'll see.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Josie-Pussycats-Outer-Space-DVD-Plans/14433

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a video clip preview of the complete series Thundarr the Barbarian DVD getting released today!
Cool http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Thundarr-Barbarian-The-Complete-Series/14467

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: