80sCartoons.net Forum Index

ThunderCats 2011
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:21 pm    Post subject: ThunderCats 2011 Reply with quote

http://www.tvshark.com/read/?art=arc5247

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool! I just hope a new ThunderCats cartoon will live up to the original '80s classic! ThunderCats- HO!!!!
(Just so you know, there's also another article on this other thread about this. http://80scartoons.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3437)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, my lack of observation skills are showing.
Although this does explain why i got that Deja Vu feeling when I was posting Smile

bogz
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thunder cats are on the move... thundercats armies!!! yeah i cant wait to see mummra again!!!

ReComposed
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first official image of the new character designs has been released! Sadly, Mumm-Ra and Snarf aren't included in this shot (although you can find the new Snarf if you dig around, and he doesn't look bad... still no mummies, though).

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2011/01/26/thundercats-image-tv-series/

Requiem's alternate ending!
bogz
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HNOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The designs don't look too bad- of course, they have the "new and modernized" feel. I'm usually just as happy to watch the original '80s classic really- but I know a lot of ThunderCats fans are happy to see this. I've heard that Snarf won't talk in this cartoon though and I am kinda disappointed with that. Oh well- at least he's still there.

ReComposed
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of bummed about Snarf, too. I get that mute Cringer worked, but Cringer's main character traits could be shown just as well through his actions as his dialogue (he doesn't actually have to say "I'm scared!" to get that across when he's shivering under a tablecloth). I'm not sure you can do that with Snarf. But, yeah, at least he's in it.

Requiem's alternate ending!
bogz
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know about this, we all know that snarf plays a major role in lion-o's life, he's the one who gives good advice to lion-o. now that he cant talk, it seems... incomplete and you know what i mean...

Bilbo
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about time. I've been hearing rumors and seeing fake Youtube trailers for years.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warner Home Video is rereleasing ThunderCats to DVD!!! Very Happy Cool
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Thundercats-Original-Series-Season-1-Part-1/15184

Look for Season 1, Part 1 on July 12th.- this will of course tie in with the launch of the new ThunderCats cartoon on Cartoon Network- and with the prices at $19.97 SRP- (hopefully it will be even cheaper at the stores- I'd check Wal-Mart or Target for that) - and so this may help more casual fans or big fans of the show who just plain don't have 65 bucks to shell out for the DVD sets they released previously a chance to get the show on DVD for a bit cheaper and more economical price. Very Happy
ThunderCats, HO!!!!!

emavatson
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

will go for it

DenAirZel
Radical

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think good & bad, If it can really live up to its parent episodes from the 80's....YESSS!!!! Very Happy .......BUT, if its just another crappy remake of one of the greatest 80's show's of all-TIME, then NOOOO!!!! Mad

DenAirZel
Radical

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully lets wait & see what Cartoon Network can do,I think it'll be pretty,(never no where as good as the original), But I think they can make it work Laughing

He-Man Prime-O
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The trailers make the new series reboot look epic and have much more of a back story. It will definately change the origin for the original ThunderCats series but it will set up somehting on a grand scale.

My only "issue" with the new show will be Lion-O. I know he was meant to be a kid, but actually beinga teenager in the new series isn't the same as the powerful 80's Lord of the ThunderCats design. Hopefully it'll grow on me as I'm sure the show will be great.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe- hopefully it will be good. In my opinion, few of these "reboot" shows tend to ever be as good as the original- it generally seems like it's a short-lived wave riding on nostalgia and trying for a return to glory that seems to quickly peter out and just die. I'm not trying to make any dire predictions for this show; just pointing out that it's happened in the past (case in point- 2000s version of "The Bionic Woman" and "Knight Rider" - okay, so these are live action shows- the best cartoon examples I can think of are "G.I. Joe: Extreme"- which I actually remember watching some of when it aired, but I never liked it nearly as much as the original "G.I. Joe" cartoon I watched as a kid in the '80s. Of course, I also had similar reactions to the "G.I. Joe: Sigma Six" and "G.I. Joe: Renegades" cartoons) And admittedly, this is largely subjective as it's up to everyone's individual tastes. And some are more accepting of new takes on their personal "classic" shows.
Anyway, I do like to give things the benefit of the doubt, so we'll just have to wait and see how it goes. And there are a few shows that were great "reboot" versions- (case in point: "Star Trek: The Next Generation" and its subsequent spinoff series- and definitely the 1988 version of "Mission: Impossible"- I used to watch this and the '60s show as a kid and both are great. I suppose about the only cartoon equivalent I can think of here is "Superfriends" and "Justice League"- even though the tone for both shows is definitely quite different- both are great interpretations of the Justice League of America for me.)

luluxiu
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I usually just as happy to watch the original classic 80's true, but I know that many fans of ThunderCats pleased to see that. I heard that SNARF will not speak in this cartoon, although I am a little disappointed in that. Oh well, at least he is still there.

I believe most of us has watched so many Women leather shoes and almost all of them are pretty fashion and beautiful, so in order to choose the best shoes online, we have to gain more experience on CWMALLS.

Last edited by luluxiu on Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
ricaluanna
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SOOOOOO EXCITED and I just can't hide it!!Very Happy

Last edited by ricaluanna on Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
riven3d
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the preview for it on Cartoon Network, first episode 1 hour long on July 29th

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah- I saw the preview. It will be interesting to see how this goes- I imagine it will quickly become a favorite with today's children watching Cartoon Network- but I've seen other revived versions of '80s cartoons come to TV and die quickly too, so I guess it could go either way.
I don't think I would ever like it more than the original '80s classic- but it looks like it should be fun though. (And this is just the same for earlier generations with other things- like those that look to George Reeves as Superman over Christopher Reeve- and of course now there's a generation that looks to Tom Welling...) It's all good though. Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Other Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: