80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Gingerbread Zombies?!?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PsycoPitbull
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Gingerbread Zombies?!? Reply with quote

Hello. After literally searching for over 5 hours today I came across this promising site. My sister and I are looking for an old cartoon that we believe was a full length movie.

The best description that I can provide is that somewhere towards the beginning of the film, many people are turned into what I remember as gingerbread looking zombies (not the undead kind). Perhaps they were just square looking robots or something.. But I recall a scene where an entire hoard of these once normal people were marching out of their villages like they were an army for something.

My sister believes that the 'bad guy' was a magician of sorts which would explain the ending that I'm about to describe. BUT my memory is so very hazy that I may have concatenated different films together, but I don't think so.

Ok, so at the end of the movie, the protagonist is scaling a large mountain, maybe. And there is a battle on the side of the mountain or top perhaps where the bad guy can transform into different shapes.

Smile I am quite upset that I can't remember more... My sister said that it was one of the free kid rentals at Family Video. I believe that that would place the time of viewing approximately 15 years ago. Thank you so much for reading, anyway. Any suggestions are welcome.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're one of the many, many people
haunted by images from,....

Unico In the Island of Magic (83)

Plot Description
http://www.geocities.com/CollegePark/Den/6304/island.htm

Unico is a baby unicorn with a special natural ability to make friends. The gods are envious of his gift and order the West Wind to destroy him. When she sees the innocent unicorn she can't bring herself to do it so she carries him away to hide him. He meets friends along the way.

The second movie has him meeting a little girl named Cherri (Sherri).Cherri's older brother had run away from home. When he returns he is the apprentice of an evil puppet wizard who has a plan to turn all of humanity into wooden puppets. Cherri's brother Toby spares his little sister by hiding her from his master. After Toby and his master the evil puppet Kururu leave, she and Unico go on a quest to the ends of the earth to find the all knowing Trojan horse. It's said that it should know of a way to turn her family and friends back

Watch Unico
http://youtube.com/watch?v=filIu2Saszs
Youtube.com
--------

PsycoPitbull
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY $#%^@#$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's it. I am so freaking grateful. Thank you Stragdog!!
I started watching it but I can't right now. It sent chills through me. And I'm a 24 year old guy that laughed the last time I watched 'The Shining'.
This is so strange. Thanks again.

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PsycoPitbull wrote:
It sent chills through me.

Mr. Green wait until you hit the part with the crazy robot/dragon/thing that chases after Unico and Cheri, that gave me chills.

PsycoPitbull
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man Smile
I just bought the DVD set with both Unico films. I'm going to surprise my sis.

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the original pilot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWz7NO5W3JU

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: