80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Beast, traumatic childhood, pink crabbits, and dead bunnies

View previous topic :: View next topic  
snoringdragon
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Beast, traumatic childhood, pink crabbits, and dead bunnies Reply with quote

OK, this is VERY late 80's or perhaps early 90's, and aired on YTV or Teletoon VERY, VERY late at night.
I can't find it for the life of me, but the series was about a teenage depressed blonde girl who could cross to another world (?) and her 'Beast" friend could come into hers to protect her. (I remember she liked to sit on a mailbox or something in the alley with him.) The beast was creepy/heroic, and the other world he came from had lots of pink rabbit/crab hybrids (pink crabs with claws, rabbit ears and stalk-eyeballs) and a desert-like feel.
The girl's storyline was heavy on an injured rabbit she hid under the bed as a little girl, that then died. She DIDN'T get rid of the dead rabbit. Add some sexual tension, and a really messed-up homelife, and a ghetto-like setting- that's all I remember. Someone told me 'ORACLE' but that was a dead-end. Iv'e been hunting for years, everyone seems to remember it a little, but no dice on the NAME. HELP ME!!!! (please?)

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like,...

The Maxx

View Eps 1-14
-or-
Megavideo

The girl's storyline was heavy on an injured rabbit
she hid under the bed as a little girl, that then died.
She DIDN'T get rid of the dead rabbit.

Eps 12

------

Last edited by Straydog on Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
snoringdragon
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 8:35 am    Post subject: YAY YAY YAY! Reply with quote

Got it in one! Very Happy Thank you sooo much, I am becoming a real graphic novel junkie and I have been wanting to hunt this down forever! <3
I only saw what I could, I was juggling babies at the time, so now I can find out WHAT was with the DARN RABBIT! That image gave me nightmares- the kids didn't have monsters-under-the-bed, Mum did! lol!
Glad this site exists- I will share with my geeky friends, this is MUCH more fun than counting grey hairs, which comes with being an original fan of 80's cartoons, I guess!
You rock! Gotta go try those links now, won't hear from me for ahwile! Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: