80sCartoons.net Forum Index

My TV

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Volunteering/Content Change Requests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
days
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: My TV Reply with quote

i noticed you had laser tag academy but you missed out three of the best My TV videos

Once upon a time - which i'm pretty sure it is impossible to find anything about on the net, but i have a copy of it Very Happy if you want i can upload a copy of
the cover sometime

Time fighters - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0295659/

UltramanII - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0399810/

i like your site btw Wink

Aurora
High Priestess of the Cartoons

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? Time for more research. I thought Ultraman 2 was an English dub of the 1979 Japanese Ultraman series (can't remember the precise name).

I know the original Time Fighters (aka Time Bokan) was released in Japan in 1975. Although it was released as a dub in the USA in the 80's, it's not really from the 80's. Later sequels were released through the 70's and into the 80's in Japan, but not under the same name and I don't believe the later sequels were the ones released in the US.

Can anyone clarify the info for me and show sources? I just packed my paper references, but not my Anime Encyclopedia. I'm certain they didn't appear in my main reference, but my Anime Encyclopedia doesn't give me any more info than I already have.

I'm trying to come up with a policy for cartoons like this. I used to say that if it was not originally produced in the 80's, it wasn't eligible, which would mean that even if something was produced in the 70's and later dubbed and re-aired in the 80's, I wouldn't post it. I'm reconsidering it, but I'm not sure about changing it or not. I might later add those, with notes about the original release, after I feel like I've done enough on the other cartoons already there.

days
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i personally think dubs of earlier anime series should be included, the reason being that back in the early 80's the original anime wasn't really accessible to the majority of people, hence alot of people would only have known about it after the western dub.
and to be honest it didn't even cross my mind that they were anime dubs until you pointed out timefighters.
so i think they should be included as for most westerners they were 80's cartoons Wink

Aurora
High Priestess of the Cartoons

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have included a couple of others that were earlier series because I didn't realize it at the time. I'm going to work first on finishing the info for cartoons that are already posted, then I'll start adding ones that were earlier cartoons with 80's dubs. I'll go through a lot of them when I go through my Anime Encyclopedia.

*eyes list of unfinished cartoons* Boy, do I still have a lot of work ahead of me. ^^;; Better get back to it.

emavatson
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

some cartoons like the mentioned ate too good that make me addicted with them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Volunteering/Content Change Requests All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: