80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Another one..........

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bluebell
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 11:20 am    Post subject: Another one.......... Reply with quote

Hi all

This is very very very vague and anyones help would be very much appreciated.........

Right, it was an animated film, it scared the crap out of me, it was weird (Checked the Elm-Chanted Forrest and it ain't that), and I can remember a boy in a red car going into a tunnel!

Like I said not a lot to go on..........

Cheers
Kirsty

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Phantom Tollbooth (70)
a.k.a. The Adventures of Milo in the Phantom Tollbooth

(Live action-part)
Milo is a typical brooding kid, bored with his life, until he gets an unexpected package. It's a small car and a magical tollbooth, that's the doorway to another world.

(Animated)
His otherworldly trip includes many life lessons he must learn to become a well rounded and more mature individual.
He meets several characters on the other side that are the living embodiments of puns/metaphors. His faithful friend, Tock-(the watch dog that never allows him to forget that time is a precious resource), The Humbug-(A large,self-important bug with lots to say, but everything he has to say amounts to nothing). The WhetherMan-( A man who seems to be preoccupied with making decisions), The Spelling Bee...self explanatory, and several others.

One of his first obstacles is the swamp of the Doldrums. The inhabitants of the Doldrums are a lethargic bunch of swamp dwellers(drips or droops characters). They much rather lay about sloth-like then put forth any effort. Milo begins to fall under their influence and sink into the swamp. As he does, he looses his drive and focus.
His traveling companion Tock the watch-dog , (He's literally part watch), is there to bring him back to his senses. Milo's able to break free of the muck and mire with a little mental exercise and carry on.

He finds two kingdoms on the brink of chaos. The land of letters and the kingdom of numbers. Only the princesses of the two lands (Princess Rhyme and Princess Reason) can bring peace to the land, but they've gone missing. Milo and friends go out on a quest to find Rhyme and Reason and return them to their kingdoms.

-View-
The Phantom Tollbooth

------------------

Last edited by Straydog on Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bluebell
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats it!

Thanks - you are a star!! Smile

Regards
Kirsty

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: