80sCartoons.net Forum Index

80's Robot Cartoon - Not Macross/Robotech/Voltron/Gundam

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jedirulez09
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: 80's Robot Cartoon - Not Macross/Robotech/Voltron/Gundam Reply with quote

I am looking for a Cartoon that honestly might not exist, but I want to try anyway.
From what I remeber it had at least two main male characters that would almost transform or morph into a robot form - some kind of power or ability that they had. They seemed to fight against each other and might have been brothers. There was an alien invasion aspect to it as well. At first I thought it was Robotech, but that was not it. I remeber the robot form being very agile and probably the size of a jet fighter ( that is where robotech came in). I have checked into Macross/Robotech and Gundam and I am very familar with Voltron so it isnt any of those.

Searching this forum and reading the post there are some amazing people on here with awesome memories. I hope I wasn't the only that saw this show.

Thanks in advance.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was it anime?

Maybe the 80's or early 90's
version of ,...

Teknoman
a.k.a. Tekkaman

The cartoon takes place in the year 2087, the earth is being invaded by an evil army under the control of the Venemoid Warlord Darkon. Earth's military is overwhelmed until a young man named Blade/Slade is found in the wreckage of a spaceship. He has amnesia and doesn't remember anything about his past. Blade/Slade has a crystal that gives him superstrength and allows him to transform into an armored cybernetic superwarrior. He decides that he must use his powers to help defend humankind against the enemies of Earth. He's not able to remain Teknoman for long though. If he stays in his armored form too long there's a risk that he may lose his mind and become a danger to his freinds.

90'sTeknoman Intro
YouTube.com

90'sTeknoman
Veoh.com

----------------------

Last edited by Straydog on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:00 am; edited 4 times in total
jedirulez09
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that was quick. I think that you got it right. Watching the Youtube clips now but I am sure this is it.

Thanks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: