80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Weird cartoon about mystical black tar/oil/ooze

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arcpolbear
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:32 pm    Post subject: Weird cartoon about mystical black tar/oil/ooze Reply with quote

I am searching for information about an old cartoon that I remember from the late 80's. It seemed based around the 1800's, maybe 1700's, there is some sort of mystical black oil/ooze randomly appearing around the world in patches destroying/absorbing stuff, and this young kid with his group of friends are searching for these talismans that are able to repel the black oil/ooze/tar. Anyone have any ideas?

Edit: I figure to put as many details in here as I can remember. I could have sworn that this was on TV on Sunday morning. I believe it was on when I was about 6 or 7 which would put it around '88 or '89. I remember a portion of an episode where a patch of this tar stuff was in/on the ocean, and it was swallowing whole ships into itself. Animation style was all in proportion, no massive heads or feet or anything like that. I think that the kid was originally left with an old woman as a child by his father along with one of these talismans, and once he grew up and the black tar stuff became dangerous, he went out into the world to try and find his father as well as the talismans to fight off the black tar stuff (this is pretty fuzzy). Hopefully this helps define it for you.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like
The Pirates of DarkWater

Young prince Ren sailed the seas of his world in search of a way to rid the oceans of an evil living amorphous entity called dark water. It was like a predatory oil slick.
There was Ioz, a seasoned ocean pirate. A young woman Tula, the ecomancer who could magicaly draw strength from, and influence the elements . The monkey-bird Niddler was the comedy relief character, whose main interests were avoiding danger, and work while seeking out his favorite food-minga melons. Each of the crew had their shady pasts and hidden agendas but they were overall good-hearted and loyal to Prince Ren and his search for the treasure that would help save their world.

The recurring villian was Bloth the pirate lord. He was continuosly on the tail of Prince Ren, since he knew that the four heros were searching for priceless treasure, that could grant power over the Dark Water. He also held a personal grudge against Ioz. Ioz used to be a member of Bloth's crew before he decided that he could do much better on his own and left.

Watch at YouTube.com

-------------------

arcpolbear
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is it! Thanks so much!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: