80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Giant space rhinos and blue french aliens

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rushmore
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Giant space rhinos and blue french aliens Reply with quote

Hey folks

I've waited years before being one of those 'Help me!' posters, but I just can't resist it now, as I'm desperately trying to remember two cartoons and it's bugging the crap out of me that I can't. Any ideas?:

#1 - Spaceships and giant green robotic rhino
I remember renting this from the local video place when I was about 5 (1988), not sure if it was ever on UK TV. As far as I can remember it featured a big spaceship that launched smaller ships that possibly could have joined together to form either a bigger ship or a robot. I remember that one of the ships was a big green Rhino/Triceratops, and possibly one was in the shape of a red bird. I can't remember much about the characters, but have a recollection that there was a beardy 'mentor' character. Def not Battle of the Planets, but Gaiking looks familiar though can't find green Rhino ship anywhere! Any ideas?

#2 - Blue
I'm sure this other cartoon was called Blue, but can find no mention of it. Again will be late 80s. Basically featured a blue character called Blue, who was humanoid, but bald head and funny skin. Can't remember much about what he got up to, but sure that the same robots that were in Rock Lords were in this, albeit only smaller and were the comic relief. Also he had a girlfriend that looked very similar to him but was a grey colour. Have vague recollections that credits were in French, so may have been a translated cartoon. Any ideas?

Really appreciate anyone having a think about this, would make me very happy to find out answers...

Thanks

Nick

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaiking

------------Rinotar---------------------Skylar

Bleu, l'Enfant de la Terre (86)
English translation
(a.k.a. Blue, the Earth Child)

"the same robots that were in Rock Lords were in this, albeit
only smaller and were the comic relief. Also he had a girlfriend
that looked very similar to him but was a grey colour"

-Watch Clip-

-Watch Opening-

--------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: