80sCartoons.net Forum Index

New He-man?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay Toyfair was this weekend and we've got new stuff revealed.

First the schedule has changed AGAIN.

The Mighty Spector has been moved to May and the Griffin has been moved to June. The next 30th Anniversary figure has been moved to August because August's figure is running behind schedule and will ship in September with the other yet to be revealed September figure. (All this shifting cannot be good for instilling customer confidence in the line, I'm starting to worry about the future. I feel confident it'll last through 2013 but after that.... things need to improve at Mattel FAST!)

Anyway, first couple changes to figures.

1. The Griffin's wings now have a much better paint job with a blend of brown to white feathers instead of solid grey.

2. Temple of Darkness Sorceress will apparently have boots like Teela instead of the regular Sorceress' to make her more accurate to her mini-comic appearance. She will be available at NYCC and PowerCon then on Mattycollector in December. (She won't be at C2E2, Wondercon or SDCC)

3. Snake Man-At-Arms now has the longer loincloth and features the Roboto sculpt arms and legs plus Man-E-Faces shoulders making him a bit more like the 200X design.

On that note a Classic's version of MAA's 200X arm cannon was shown, but it's not confirmed if it will come with Snake MAA or be packed with someone else.

The Classic's version of Skeletor's duel swords were shown. They look very good and are clearly designed to work well clipped together or separate. No word yet on who they come with.

JULY MONTHLY FIGURE: SPIKOR

Great to get this guy. He looks mostly like his vintage figure but the head sculpt seems to work in a bit of the Filmation look. It all depends on the angle. From some angle's he looks fierce and ill tempered from others kinda like he's dim-witted. I've heard the paint job on the prototype was kinda rushed so we'll see come final product. He comes with his spiked mace and interchangeable hands. He has an removable normal left hand and two trident hands, one collapsed, one extended.

JULY THIRD QUARTERLY LARGE SCALE: SNAKE MEN ARMY BUILDER PACK

I know, I know, denied Horde Troopers AGAIN. (There's still one more large scale slot this year and the price point is right, here's hoping)

That aside they look very well done. Two bodies, 4 heads, sword, shield, spear, mace. Completely different looking armor for each body. And on that note the bodies introduce lots of new tooling for future figures. Honestly the one body... let's just say you can probably expect to see Rattlor in the near future.

AUGUST 30TH ANNIVERSARY FIGURE: SIR LAZER LOT

Designed by Geoff Jones, this guy looks like a cross between a knight and Cobra Commander. No seriously he's done in a blue armor and his helmet has a silver face plate.... He comes with a sword and mace done in red translucent plastic, and a shield in blue translucent plastic so judging by his name I guess they're supposed to be made of lasers. Presumably he's a good guy, but no info revealed yet.

DELAYED FROM AUGUST TO SEPTEMBER MONTHLY FIGURE: FROSTA

The face on the prototype looks hastily painted and not quite right, but I'm pretty sure it was rushed so they could show her and the final product will look fine. (Honesty the sculpt looks good, its just the paint particularly in the eyes that looks off) Otherwise she looks like she stepped right out of the Filmation cartoon. She comes with her fan-staff like the vintage figure.

"I HAVE THE POWER!!.... the power is mine, not yours. Thanks for asking."
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big sale and multiple re-releases on Mattycollector.com:

MattyCollector.com Essentials at 30% Off

These items are available year 'round, but if you shop from March 1 through March 20, you'll save 30% on every one of them!

Battle Cat
Castle Grayskull Diorama Stands
He-Man
Panthor
She-Ra * (new to year round items!)
Skeletor

Special Mad Matty March Savings – Take 10% Off
You'll find these hot products only at MattyCollector.com from March 1 through March 20, all on sale for 10% off!

(Presumably these are get em while they last)

Battle Armor Skeletor
Chief Carnivus
Demo-Man
Eternian Palace Guards Figure 2-Pack
Gygor
Hordak
Mer-Man
Moss Man (unflocked ears)
Trap Jaw
Battleground Teela
Battleground Evil Lyn

Also note while they aren't mentioned in the sale, both Keldor and Teela (regular version) say "Coming Soon" so they could be getting re-releases as well.

Edit: Keldor and Teela are part of the sale as are ScareGlow and Leech. Teela and Scareglow have already sold out though as has Battleground Teela. It seems Catra was not supposed to be listed in the sale.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It appears Hordak, King Hiss and Swift Wind have been added to the year round availability list! (Now if they would just put Teela in there...)

Got quite a few re-issues for April too; Man-E-Faces, Tri-Klops, Count Marzo, and Keldor, are all marked Coming Soon as is.... ORKO! Appears to only be the regular version not the color change variant but he does still come with Prince Adam packed in.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

May's reissues are Princess Adora and Man-At-Arms. (frankly I think it may hurt sales reissuing regular MAA a month before the lame Snake variant)

The SDCC exclusive has been revealed: Vykron.

wait, who?

Vykron is based on early pitch prototype art by Roger Sweet for various characters in what would become MOTU. While I'm pretty sure the art was meant to be three different characters, apparently the MOTUC continuity will make them all one guy with different armors. He comes with 3 interchangeable armor sets, barbarian, military, and spaceman. He will be packed out in barbarian armor at the con and will be available on the site afterwards packed out in his other armors (apparently both pack outs) All three armors are included no matter the pack out but the set only includes one body.

http://www.mattycollector.com/store/matty/ContentTheme/pbPage.2012_SDCC_products

we also got a preview of an upcoming figure

For those of you who can't tell it's Mosquitor!

EDIT: And now we know in October we get Mekaneck

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the third quarterly variant is Dragon Blaster Skeletor. A great pick because

1. It's one of the most popular and classic variants so it's fitting for the 30th Anniversary year
2. it completes the set with Thunder Punch He-Man from earlier this year
3. 2012 is the year of the Dragon

Also in July gearing up for SDCC Mattycollector is having a special sale with figures available all month, or while supplies last, starting July 2. Granted they are calling it the "Most wanted" sale and how much some of them were wanted is debatable, but there are some good ones.

Bubble Power She-Ra
Vikor
Demo-Man
Sy-Klone
Mo-Larr vs Skeletor pack
Gygor
Wind Raider

A note on the Wind Raider; how well this reissue sells could determine the future of vehicles in the line. Mattel was less than satisfied with the initial sales saying it performed only "Okay" even though it sold out in three days. So if it doesn't sell well this time they may decide not to invest in further vehicles.

Also for the duration of the sale the "essentials" -those figures available year round- are marked down 10%.

He-Man
Skeletor
She-Ra
Hordak
King Hiss
Battle Cat

Panthor
Swift Wind
Grayskull figure stands

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry for the double post

Last edited by Lord Skeletor on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SDCC reveals were today so here's the rundown and yet more schedule changes.

JULY:

MONTHLY FIGURE: SPIKOR

Comes with his mace and 3 interchangeable hands: a normal hand, a collapsed trident hand, and an extended trident hand.

SDCC EXCLUSIVE: VYKRON

based on Roger Sweet's early concepts. Comes with one body and 3 interchangeable armors. The one sold at the con comes packed out in viking armor. He will be available on Mattycollector.com after the show (July 23 I believe) packed out in both his spaceman armor and his military armor. You can choose which one to order. All versions include all three armor sets you just pick which one he's wearing in the box.

AUGUST:

30th ANNIVERSARY FIGURE: SIR LASER LOT

designed by DC Comic book writer Geoff Johns. A Preternian Knight. Comes with red translucent (laser) mace and sword and blue translucent shield.

SEPTEMBER:

MONTHLY FIGURE: MEKANECK

Comes with his mace and two neck extension pieces of different lengths. Sadly it appears the extensions cannot be placed on each other for a super long neck.

QUARTERLY VARIANT: DRAGON BLASTER SKELETOR

Comes with sword, real metal chain and dragon that sits on figure's back. Dragon can be removed from armor but is apparently not designed to stand on its own. Dragon's head is articulated on ball joint and removable. Will also include final issue of 3-part mini-comic.

QUARTERLY OVERSIZED ITEM: SNAKE MEN ARMY BUILDER PACK

Includes two different bodies, four heads, two different styled armors, sword, spear, mace, shield

OCTOBER:

MONTHLY FIGURE: RATTLOR

Pure vintage design. Comes with snake staff and neck extension piece. Also has a Horde armband and will be packed with a sticker sheet featuring Great Rebellion logo stickers.

PREVIOUSLY DELAYED MONTHLY FIGURE: FROSTA

Was supposed to be August's monthly got held up. Comes with staff and shield.

30th ANNIVERSARY FIGURE: CY-CHOP

Created by Mattel designer Terry Higuchi. A strange cybernetic beast creature (uses parts from Beast Man and Roboto) with giant scissor like hands. Has removable belt similar to Trap Jaws but with a Horde logo instead of skull.

BONUS NON-SUB ITEM: GREAT UNREST WEAPONS PACK

In addition to standard repainted weapons also includes weapons cut from figures and fan requested brand new accessories!

Repaints: Teela's snake armor, staff and sword done in vintage red color; Teela's shield done in blue; Carnivus' sword and shield done in teal; Clawful's mace in brighter green; Clawful's shield in dark green. Zoar done in white (to go with TOD Sorceress)

Previously cut: Horde Prime's staff; Draego-Man's flame whip, famed shield (flames can be removed from shield) and non-flamed sword

Brand new: Keldor/Skeletor's 200X duel swords; Man-At-Arms' 200X arm canon

NOVEMBER:

MONTHLY FIGURE: DEKKER

Character from 200X cartoon; Former teacher of Man-At-Arms. Comes with mace and alternate younger head.

QUARTERLY VARIANT: ETERNOS PALACE KING RANDOR

Essentially Filmation style King Randor. Dressed in royal robe and shoes instead of armor. Comes with staff and large wine goblet. Probably the worst and most unnecessary variant in the line ever.

30th ANNIVERSARY FIGURE: CASTLE GRAYSKULL MAN

Winner of Create a Character contest. Name is pretty self explanatory; he's a golem like creature with a head that looks like Castle Grayskull's entrance a stone like armor. Comes with shield and twin swords designed like the ones on Castle Grayskull's flag.

DECEMBER:

MONTHLY FIGURE: MOSQUITOR

Mainly vintage in design but does feature the extra insect limbs like the 200X version. Comes with vintage style gun.

QUARTERLY OVERSIZED: PROCRUSTUS

An obscure character who appeared once in an early Pre-Filmation comic for two pages. He's a four armed giant who lives in the center of Eternia supposedly using his arms to hold the planet together. In the new continuity he's apparently the guardian of the Star Seed and thus the figure comes with that. He looks like he's a living stone creature and his whole body is basically one color like a statue... yeah this is what they gave us instead of Horde Troopers....

BONUS NON-SUB ITEM: GRANAMYR

The big ol' dragon looks almost straight out of Filmation. Will cost $80 -Very large and articulated.

2012 TRAVELING CON EXCLUSIVE LEFTOVERS: TEMPLE OF DARKNESS SORCERESS

Sorceress repaint with white outfit and translucent wings. Comes with staff and stand for Crystal Orb. Will be sold at Power-Con and NYCC then any unsold stock will be available on website in December.

The 2013 Club Eternia subscription is being scaled back a bit, probably due to the forced price increase. (Inflation sucks don't it?) There will only be the 12 monthly figures and 4 Quarterly items. (as opposed to both quarterly variants and oversized items) There may be further outside of sub items but we'll have to wait to see. Regular monthly figures will now be $25 if obtained through the subscription but $27 if bought on day of sale. Sub holders will be given early first grabs at non-sub items before they go on sale for non-subscribers (and yes it is possible for the items to sell out this way before the actual sale date!) The 4 quarterly items will each be priced at $25, $30, $50, and $75.

JANUARY:

MONTHLY FIGURE: NETOSSA

Largely Filmation in design. Comes with shield. Net cape appears to be regular plastic and not useable as net -will need to investigate further

OVERSIZED FIGURE: RAM MAN

Is regular six inches tall but much wider. 100% new unique buck. Includes axe and alternate unhelmeted head. Will be $30

FEBRUARY:

MONTHLY FIGURE: JITSU

Comes with sword and two small blade weapons (that I'm not sure of the term for) like 200X

SUBSCRIPTION ONLY FIGURE: KING HE-MAN

A much older, scared and bearded He-Man in king armor. Comes with royal staff and battle damaged 200X style Power Sword. Will also come with special "Secret origin of Skeletor" mini-comic and sub exclusive Map of Subternia (Eternia's subterranean kingdom)

MARCH:

MONTHLY FIGURE: FANG MAN

Filmation character; appeared in episode "The Time Corridor" comes with sword, time wheel, and some third thing that I'm not sure what it is.

QUARTERLY ITEM: FIGHTING FOE MEN 3-PACK

Okay the name Fighting Foe Men was a proposed name for the line before Mattel went with Masters of the Universe. In the 80's there was a series of model MOTU vehicles released by another company under license. The box art on those models depicted pilots for the vehicles not seen anywhere else. This three pack is figures of those pilots.

DITTSROYER- Roton Pilot comes with staff and gun
DOG-O-TOR- Talon Fighter pilot comes with club and sheild
SHIELD MAIDEN SHERRLYN Attak Trak pilot comes with shield and twin cannon gun

all three include interchangeable chest plates with alternate Horde emblems. Wasn't said but it's safe to assume this is the $75 item.

2013 TRAVELING CON EXCLUSIVE: STROBO

A character from the UK comics. has a Cosmic Enforcer (Zodac) helmet and body like Sy-Klone with a reflective dish in place of the radar. comes with a meteor like orb on a stand (it's from his story appearance) and an unmasked head for Zodak

NOVEMBER 2013

MONTHLY FIGURE: FAN CHOICE POLL WINNER

For every subscription you purchase you get a code good for one vote in the Fan Choice poll the winner will be the November monthly release. Your choices are:

CRASH LANDING MARLENA GLENN: Marlena in a more Filmation accurate space suit
CLOAK AND DAGGER EVIL-LYN: 200X style Evil-Lyn with a hooded fur cloak
MINI-COMIC TRAP JAW: all green skin red weapons
CAMEO KHAN: based on a rare Malaysian variant of Kobra Khan with camouflage colors and claw hands
MASK OF POWER DEMON: a demon from the mini-comic "Masks of Power"
GELDOR: A character from the mini-comic "Secret liquid of life"
ILLUMINA: a female Gar character created for the 200X comic book but her story was rejected by Mattel
SONGSTER: the rock-star/bard narrator from the He-Man/She-Ra Power tour live show

Please do us all a favor if you vote and don't pick one of those really lame variants!

That's all for now (isn't that enough?)

EDIT: apparently not. Following their habit of giving one more teaser accessory on the last day of the con, Mattel's display case now has Snake Face's shield sitting in it.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: SAVE THE LINE! Reply with quote

folks, subscription sales are down and it looks like the line may be in danger of getting canceled if not enough get sold.

Toyguru already said he is redoing the release schedule, While it's too late to change 2013, if we can get the line through that 2014 will be done as if it's the last year with all the major characters left to do slotted in. The line could possibly go beyond that if it gets enough support but either way we'd have the most important ones.

Please if were on the fence about getting a sub get it! Don't let it end too soon.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

folks we are so close but they keep saying we need absolute 100% or the 2013 line will not go forward.

Today is the last day to sign up please do.

It's been essentially confirmed Horde Troopers are part of the lineup! Do you really want to fall short now?

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After all the scare the last few weeks I am pleased to announce the results are in and 2013 is a go! MOTUC lives! Thank you to everyone who helped make this possible.

The fans really seamed to come out at the last minute. On the morning of the final sign up day we were only at 92% of the minimum orders needed to proceed and apparently Mattel's upper management was really going to be that stubborn that anything less than 100% would result in cancellation.

Final numbers: 135%!

Icing on the cake is since we did so well not only is the sub a go but some other line related projects are being put forward as well. No idea what exactly those are yet (new vehicle?) but the important thing is the line lives and we're getting some great stuff. Ram Man! Horde Troopers! (okay not officially said but pretty much confirmed) More Filmation characters, more great rebellion, at least 2 NA characters... it's going to be a good year.

On a few side notes the results of the fan choice poll are also in and it seems the winner is Geldor -by 27 votes! Illumina was second place and strangely Mini-Comic colors Trap Jaw was third.

Strangely the sub sign up said we had until the 8th to vote so if that's true and we still have 2 days left to get votes in the results could change -not that it matters to me I voted for Songster.

One final thing- coming back to this year

August reissues:
Bow
Grizzlor
Eternian Palace Guards 2-pack
Chief Carnivus

Also Bubble Power She-Ra (the one that can actually sit on Swift Wind) has been added to the "Essentails collection" -those figures available year round- and so has the Wind Raider vehicle.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool- nice to see this line continue for fans of He-Man. The '80s (and some other decades covered by this line) lives on! Very Happy

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the next three 2013 MOTUC figures revealed today at Power-Con!

APRIL: SNAKE FACE

No real surprise here as his shield was shown at SDCC. In addition to that he includes two swappable heads to recreate his power unleashed look. He may or may not come with his staff depending on cost. Note that if he doesn't it's the same staff as King Hiss (and Rattlor) just in a darker green. (so if you bought a second Hiss back when you're pretty much set)

MAY: KARATTI

This one is very unexpected. We knew we were getting a couple NA figures but everyone expected Flogg and Hydron. At any rate this evil Space Mutant is a great updated recreation of the vintage figure and comes with his blaster and knife.

JUNE: OCTAVIA

Our next Filmation character. Right out of the She-Ra cartoon Octavia is an Evil Horde navy officer who, as her name suggests, has four octopus tentacles coming out of her back. As far as I know the tentacles will be bendy like King Hiss' snake form. She includes a Horde crossbow and four swords -one for each tentacle to hold.

Then there's the big, and I mean BIG announcement.....

CASTLE GRAYSKULL!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, now READ THE FOLLOWING FULLY AND CAREFULLY:

this is what they are calling an "experiment" it's possible this may not go forward. What Mattel will be doing is starting this fall they will set up a preorder system. If they get enough preorders then they will make it, but if they don't it gets cancelled.

The price on this big thing? "Approximately" $200. This has raised some concerns as we already have so much to pay for the rest of this year (not even counting Christmas shopping) however as I understand it we will not actually have to pay until it ships late next year. From what I've been told when you place a pre-order it places a pre-autherization on your credit card but does not actually charge it. You need to have the money on your card at the moment but after a couple days the authorization falls off and the money never leaves the card until the item ships. In other words have $200 on your card now, place the order, wait a couple days, then you can use the $200 on other stuff this year just make sure you have $200 available on the card next year when it ships.

Furthermore due to the huge cost of making this we won't even get an actual prototype, just concept sketch art to judge by. Full details of how this all will work out will be coming next month at NYCC

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Castle Grayskull certainly has to be the ultimate for He-Man playsets, but $200 seems to be pretty steep for such an item... I wonder how grand of a scale they're talking?
Still, very exciting news for He-Man fans. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: updates 10/02-12 Reply with quote

We've gotten a sneak peak of an upcoming figure: CLAMP CHAMP. His weapon was shown but we haven't seen him yet.

Mattel's announcement of the 10/15 sale shows Rattlor in his 200X armor. Take note though that he will not be coming with it. This piece was tooled but had to be dropped for cost as Rattlor has an expensive paint deco. Hopefully Mattel will get it to us later like they did with other cut accessories this year.

Apparently, despite getting delayed twice, Frosta is still not perfect and some/most of the figures have reversed forearms (personally I can't tell) Mattel has stated that subscribers can return the figure for a refund but note that this is the only Frosta figure that will be made so your choice is an imperfect one or none at all. As an apology Mattel will also be sending subscribers a special free gift later. (no word yet on what it is) Day of sale buyers do not get the refund offer since "you know in advance what you're getting".

October's reissue/stock clearance figures are:

Battle Armor He-Man
King Grayskull
Trap Jaw

Expect high traffic if ordering Monday 10/15 as in addition to the MOTUC items (including the new weapons pack featuring new and previously cut weapons) other lines have big items coming out as well such as the DCU Poison Ivy and Voltron Black Lion.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanting to get in but a little short on cash? Check this out!

Quote:

He-Man® & Battle Cat® Party Pak for Just $30 on 10/12 ONLY!

Posted by Admin on October 5th, 2012

MOTUC Fans,

He-Man® is having a birthday and we’re celebrating at MattyCollector.com! It’s hard to believe 30 years have passed since The Most Powerful Man in the Universe® muscled his way into our world but it’s true… on October 12, 2012, He-Man® turns the big 3-0! We’re partying all day long with a special deal on Eternia’s favorite do-gooder duo:

He-Man® Party Pak

The Deal: Pay just $30 for BOTH He-Man® and Battle Cat®!

Sale Starts: 12:01am ET on October 12

Sale Ends: 11:59pm PT on October 12

Only $30 for both He-Man® and his trusty ride Battle Cat®? That’s a deal that would make even grumpy old Skeletor® grin. At this special price, you’ll want to buy more than one pak – they make a great gift for new collectors and the holidays are right around the corner. But it’s only available for one day and one day only, so be there when the Shop opens on October 12th at 12:01am ET*!

–Matty

*While supplies last. Items are individually packaged and ship together in a single box. Shipping and taxes not included.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NYCC UPDATE:

before we get to the new reveals some information: the Palace Guards are still available for purchase so it seems they have become one of the "evergreen" items. It was asked of Mattel how long the "evergreen" items were going to be kept on the site and the answer was "until we run out" However it was stated on top of that no figure is going back into production from now on. "Not even He-Man" That was a while ago then we had Friday's big birthday sale and now He-Man is marked as Sold Out.

Does that mean he's gone for good? Quite possibly. However we had She-Ra "sell out" once earlier and she came back. On that note while She-Ra is not marked sold out the site will not allow you to add her to your "cart" at the moment. So the question now is are they gone for good or does Mattel simply need to send another batch from their warehouse to Digital River's? Mattel has also explained that all "reissues" this year are actually not new production runs but excess stock held over for quality control issues (i.e. they''d replace your figure if it arrived damaged) that they are now selling off. Toyguru said some figures are gone for good while others may reappear later but they probably won't be giving a full list of which ones are which until next year.

Also a bit upsetting; it seems Octavia's tentacles will not be bendy. They will be more like Slush Heads in that they plug in and have some movement but won't be twisty due to the problems that arose with Snout Spout's trunk. Why they don't use the bendy plastic like on King Hiss or the vintage Sssqueeze has yet to be explained.

On the good side:

Snake Face will include his staff.

There will be a VERY limited stock of Temple of Darkness Sorceress available on Mattycollector.com in December.

JULY: CLAMP CHAMP

Comes with his vintage style power pincher weapon and his second 200X style clamp. His armor like the vintage is similar to Fisto's but is actually new as it has his 200X style backpack on it. Strangely he does not appear to have the hoses running it like the 200X staction did so what's it's purpose?

3rd QUARTER: NEW ADVENTURES HE-MAN

He features a new ball jointed wrist so he can achieve the holding the sword aloft pose and a new head with the NA style hair but with a face that's clearly He-Man. He will definitely come with his NA stuyle translucent sword and shield but they are looking into fitting in some other accessories. (most likely his alternate helmeted head and armor)

The sneak peak accessory is a real puzzler this time. It's a white Hordak crossbow with red eyes. Not just a Horde crossbow it is actually the same mold as Hordak's but the actual white fans asked for before. So new Weapons Pack? Coming with some other Horde member? We only have one quarterly slot left and we know it's an army builder so it could maybe come with Horde Troopers. We're unlikely to know until Toyfair in February.

And then there's the info on Castle Grayskull.

The cost will be $250. But you pre-order it for nothing and I mean nothing. Usually the pre-authorization is for the cost but they're saying this time the amount authorized for your card will be $0. So you don't even have to worry about having the money on your card right now, you have a whole year to save up (keep in mind this price does not include shipping -which will be up there for how big this thing is going to be!)

The period to pre-order it will be OCT 16th -NOV 10. The site says JAN 3 but the news I'm hearing now is in order to move forward we must hit the minimum number of orders by NOV 10. If we do it will go forward and the order period will stay open until JAN 3, but if we don't hit the minimum by NOV 10 the whole thing gets canceled. So don't wait!

here's the info from Mattel:

Quote:
Ideally, the set will include everything shown in the “B sheet” product drawings to the left, but please remember these are working drawings and aren’t final yet.
If produced, this will be the largest, most ambitious MOTUC item ever made – the dimensions are expected to be somewhere around 25”h x 26”w x 28”d (subject to change).
The overall sculpt will be based on the original 1981 prototype, with the addition of an extra battle ledge, elongated jaw/face, a removable minaret on top of the dome and more!
Just like the vintage toy, it will be a two-sided foldout but there will be three levels to show off your MOTUC figures (in scale with most of our 6.5” figures). The vintage set only had two levels, but we’ve added another across the top for maximum display options.
Two secret doors – the first, a traditional door that opens out the back, and the second one, a secret brick wall that exits to the outside ledge.
Trap door leading to the dungeon (of course) that has an opening door, plus “locks” and chains to hold one figure.
Throne fits most 6.5” MOTUC figures – who will rule your Castle Grayskull®?
Bat wing jet pack and training device were both cut from the vintage prototype and finally get a chance at production!
Working elevator like the ‘81 prototype had, but we’ve added back the red skull on top that was cut. The elevator goes to all three levels, not just two levels like vintage toy.
Real opening Jawbridge just like you remember, only cooler!
Have Wind Raider? The playset will include an attachment so you can be ready for air-battle at a moment’s notice (and create a complete diorama).
Secret Orb room is hidden inside the dome.
Removable ladder to the roof leads to a blaster and the flag of Castle Grayskull®.
Carrying handle is optional for easy transport or clean display.
Did we mention… it’s Castle Grayskull®!

Ordering Information

Castle Grayskull® will only be produced if the minimum production goal is reached during the pre-order period.
If production goes forward, everyone who pre-orders is guaranteed to receive a playset. Some sets will be available on MattyCollector.com after pre-orders are fulfilled, but the price will be significantly higher and you won’t be guaranteed to get one. If you want one, a pre-order is the best way to ensure you get it.
When you place your order, the card you used will be “pre-authorized” for a zero dollar amount. This pre-authorization simply verifies that the card is valid. You will NOT be charged until the item ships, at which time you’ll be billed for the product, shipping costs, and any taxes/fees.
Please note that because this item is so large, shipping charges will be substantially higher than items we normally sell.
This item is scheduled for late 2013 shipment. We’ll send an email reminder about a month before the product is scheduled to ship. If you need to change your address or credit card information at that time, you’ll have plenty of notice.
If this item reaches the pre-order goal, there will be NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES, even if the design or features change. If you place a pre-order, you are committed to the purchase and will be billed when the item ships.
Should we not reach the minimum pre-order goal, your order will simply be canceled (because there’s no charge until it ships, there’s no refund needed).

One last thing… because this is a work-in-progress, features may be added or subtracted from the proposed design, but we can’t confirm anything now. We’re seriously as excited as you are by the prospect of finally having a Castle Grayskull® playset and Mattel will do everything to ensure we can deliver as much value as possible!

You must be 18 or older to purchase this product.

You can go here to see closer pics of the B-sheets:

http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view&album=2012_NYCC%2FMattel%2FMOTUC_Booth&pic=IMG_2035.jpg&dispsize=600&start=0&sl=19321

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it seems He-Man is not gone for good. Turns out it was an error when they ended the Party Pack sale it was supposed to mark the bundle package of He-Man and Battle Cat together "sold out" but mistakenly marked the solo He-Man as sold out. It's fixed now so you can get He-Man. (She-Ra still won't go into the cart though)

Since I'm here I might as well also remind you the day of sale for October is today. Rattlor's already sold out and the reissue/extra stock of Battle Armor He-Man is "Almost Gone"

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and now He-Man is marked Sold Out again. I just don't know anymore.

EDIT: And he's back and so is She-Ra....

In other news two days into the pre-order period for Castle Grayskull and we're already 25% of the way towards the required numbers to move forward.

Sure it's pricy but it's going to be big. (And heavy- they're estimating the box shipped will be 20 lbs!)

While it's too expensive to make an actual prototype sculpt, check out this video from Toyguru in which he shows off a quick foam mock-up to give you a sense of scale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GpAEhXAmDs&feature=youtu.be

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: