80sCartoons.net Forum Index

colored/spiked hair?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TSHARKfan1
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject: colored/spiked hair? Reply with quote

seriously, i DID NOT understand the need for kids to be rebellious, by messing with their hair.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was part of the punk rock movement in the 1980s- some people like to spike their hair and put it in all kinds of colors. Hair is hair to me- I don't generally make a big deal about it. Sure, I wouldn't personally wear that hairstyle (except for a costume or a joke, maybe)- but I don't care if someone else wants to do so. It's funny though that this look gets popularized as the stereotypical look of the 1980s, as if everyone during the years of 1980-1989 went around looking like that- when I can say I honestly didn't know of anyone looking like that except for what I saw on TV and the movies, etc.
I suppose this is true of most every generation though- kinda like how everyone likes to think everyone in the '70s wore a leisure suit everywhere and everyone in the '60s was a flower child hippie.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: