80sCartoons.net Forum Index

TMNT

View previous topic :: View next topic  
teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: TMNT Reply with quote

"Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Heroes in a half-shell Turtle power!"

Ok, now that that is out of my sytem

About:
TMNT the new shiny movie! They're Back...And they're ready to kick some shell!

Contents:
1 disc no pullouts (or...i lost them...not sure)

DVD design and accessibility:

(i'm interested in this industry so this is important to me-skip if it's not high on your priority list)
I like simple simple is my friend. The packaging was kept simple so i'm happy. I still don't understand the necessity of putting the dvd into a cardboard cover that is the EXACT SAME as the dvd cover but it is the industry's fault for that one. OOOOOOO cardboard thing has the characters and titles popped out! So cool and totally worth it! Also has English and French description on back...might just be a Canadian thing. The dvd does not have a design on it as it is double sided with the Widescreen and Full Screen. I really like this idea btw as it makes it easier to grab it when purchasing (and you can't exactly run out of the type you want). There was nothing about the functionallty that pissed me off. It has an "intro" before pulling up the menu but it was skip-able. Yay!

Special Features:

There were few special features but they were good! "Commentary, alternate opening, Alternate Ending, Deleted Scenes, Interviews, CGI Story board comparasions etc etc)". Pretty good stuff. Really enjoyed deleted scenes alternate opening and ending wern't very different so...didn't care a whole lot but they had this deleted scene of Ninja tag! So wish they had the Ninja tag sequence.

Dah movie itself (some spoilers!):

Movie takes place after last TMNT movie, after Shredder. So mad, i love Shredder, i wanted to see Shredder but it makes sense so i'll let it slide. Grr. Was not to impressed with April. Very...stick figure and don't really like how they got Gellar to be April. She is to recongizable. Sure Picard is also a voice actor but i didn't picture Picard when he was talking. But then they put her into a yellow jump suit so all was forgiven. The whole movie seemed to focus on Raph's rebellion to follow Leo (for his reasons). This was kinda neat. Usually, if i remember correctly in the series, Mikey and Raph shared a plot while Leo and Don shared a plot. This time it was switched. But i think the Don and Mikey thing really through me for a loop but i was quite impressed. I loved their little "jobs" bit. The story and movie itself was interesting but not grabbing like say Batman or X2! This can be good or bad. Bad as you may not think it is a good movie and therefore not bad. Good because you probably don't watch movies like Batman or X2 much once you own them (because as i like to call it, they are "emotionally straining") but this one is not so you'll probably find yourself taking it off the shelf more then you realize. This movie also seemed to be designed more to setup the next movie (oh i hope they make a second, with the shredder! with the shredder!). It had a story yes but it was a very cartoony story. "When the planets align bad things will happen and you must fix it" not much original thought put in it. I'm also glad that they chose to do this in CGI. There were a lot of things that the Turtles did in the comics that could not be duplicated by live action actors and with it being CGI they were able to keep the abilites of the cartoon but add a more grown up feel at the same time. Good job. However, i really wish they showed off more. I wanted to see more choreography. Mikey had a good sewer boarding scene and they had a little bit of coolness when they traveled but i wanted to see an all out choreographed scene with all the turtles (hense, ninja tag would have worked great!). Really hope they do another movie and really show off.

Overall a good enjoyable watch.

shurikenspike
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your post is highly informative. i wanna have a copy of this.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. TMNT was a great movie. I hope the proposed follow up movie (which is supposed to go back to live action) will be as good. Of course, if it doesn't involve Jim Henson's Creature Shop, I don't know if it can ever match up to the first three movies. But it's all good- I love the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: