80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Dungeons and Dragons 1983-1985 ....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomann
Gnarly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Dungeons and Dragons 1983-1985 .... Reply with quote

When it first came out..I watched a few of the episodes...unforunately The TV schedule {CBS} keep jerking it on and off the air ...even preempted it for "Punky Brewster" {Yuch...too cute for me to watch..even the Smurfs were better than that!}...several years later FOX Cartoons reran the episodes but only for the summer...

Although the storylines could be convetional...and even barrowed a theme {i.e. villain tries to remake earth past history so kids don't exist..{Star Trek spinoff} and one was quite close to Star Wars Ewocks ...the stories wernt too bad.

Thanks to YouTube finally watched all 27 episodes...7 {The dragons graveyard; Day of the Dungeonmaster; Dungeon at the Heart of dawn; PRESTO Spells Disaster; Quest of the Skelaton Warrior; The box; The Girl who dreamed tomorrow}were excellent; 19 were fair to good ...and 1 {Winds of Darkness} poor. In regard to the 28th and unmade last episode {Eric is not only a leader of dissident kids but makes the decision that redeems Venger; the cliffhanger was if the kids go home or stay}...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Cool

Somehow in politicly correct times--this cartoon would never get off the drawing board!

The "winds of Darkness" concept was too not bad-Hank being taken prisoner by an evil being and Eric taking charge....still you get the feeling that this episode has a "hurried" feeling to it.....on the other hand it could make sense as a prequel to "Requeriam" in which the kids split up-Hank: Shelia and Dinah vs Eric; Presto and Bobby each try to make their separate ways home...and at the end its Eric the complainer; the comic relief who actually frees the "good" Venger....with a unresolved cliffhanger of kids either going home or remaining to fight evil... I read the script...for me the actual last episode is "Cave of the fairy dragons" in which Eric destroys the magic mirror to save the dragons...and Dungeonmaster remarks at the end of how home is a reflection of the heart...which eric and the kids are beginning to understand....
5 times the kids see a portal to their world and twice they actually go through it!

Venger appears as the main villain in 20 of the 27 episodes

Hanks episodes "The Dragons Graveyard" & "The Traitor"
Eric episodes: "Beauty and the Bogbeast"; The Garden of zinn:"Day of the Dungeonmaster"l Odessey of the Twelfth Talisman"
Dinah episode "Child of the stargazer'"
Presto episodes" PRESTO spells Disaster" "The last Illusion""Cave of the Fairy dragons"
Shelia episode"Citadel of Shadow"
Bobby" episodes " servant of evil""The Girl who dreemed tomorrow"
Uni "Valley of the Unicorns"
an estimate of the kids ages birthdates
http://www.dungeonsdragonscartoon.com/2009/07/jimmy-whittaker.html

In regard to the series finale..I would have preferred a real cliffhanger a little similar to Requeriam...except that just at the end there is a cliffhanger of the return of Venger's evil master of the unspoken name...and the kids are faced with a dilemea ...help Dungeonmaster and Venger against the nameless evil one or go home....

In a flight of Fancy I wrote a short story script of the Kids vs The Duke of darkness...all based on a remark in "The Dragons Graveyard" episode...even put it online ...but the forum I put it on desnt work anymore... Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sic Transit my Story........................

The Adventure of the Duke of Darkness
Act 1
Scene of the Kids in a town market-townsfolk run in panic
Scene of the kids running in a desert/volcano landscape.
Eric: We just escaped Vengers Pit of eternal doom and despair. Presto use that hat of yours to transport us out of those orcs reach...hurry!
Presto: Zap...zin...zo...hat...transport us out here.
An eleavator appears. Kids get inside
Eric: Nice going Presto...no buttons...
Presto: Zin...zap...zing...make this eleavator disappear...
Eleavator disappears
Eleavator appears..Kids tumble out. Scereny is gray...black
Dinah: What kind of place is this...? Isnt doesn't look normal even for the Realm!
Dungeonmaster appears in their mist.
Dungeonmaster: Acrobat..you and your friends are in very grave danger...for this is the dominion of the Duke of Darkness...yet remember this advice....silver light can balance darkness
Eric: Dungeonmaster... light balance darkness...is that a circus?...Oh great he's gone again
Scene 2: Kids in same marketplace. Shelia approachs a young child
Shelia: Hello...can you tell us what...?
Townsfolk look at kids. Shouts of anger and rage....GET THEM...BEFORE THEY ESCAPE
HanK: WE don't want to hurt you...
Eric: BUT THEY WANT TO HURT US...RUN
Scene 3: KIds in forrest...tired and exhausted
Presto: I don't get it why'd they hate us so much?
Hank: If we knew why...it could be of help...Shelia...you have to act as a spy in the town
Shelia turns invisible
Scene 4 Kids in forest..Sound of running footsteps. Shelia appears holding scroll,,and looking quite frightened
Shelia: WE MUST...ALL READ ...THIS
Kids crowd around Scroll
Hank reads: WANTED DEAD...OR DEAD THE FOLLOWING CRIMINALS..{stops reading..puzzeled look on Face}
ERIC: Fearless Leader..why you stop...HEY THATS A DESCRIPTION OF US!
Presto: Its insane...we never did those things
Shelia: The sky is turning dark....gray OHHHH LOOOK
A gigantic being formless yet swirling towars over the Kids
KIDS: VENGER!
Voice: YOU Insult Me with comparison to the mercical bungler. I am the Duke of Darkess....and I have just found SEVEN more new servants to do my bidding! Slave collars go forth!
Seven neck collars go forth toward the Kids and Uni
Hank fires arrows at them--which absorb the arrows energy!
The collars go toward Eric who holds them at bay with his shield
Eric: These things are draining magic from the shield..cant hold them off...Presto...do something...anything!
Presto: Collars..thats it...zap zing create dogs for them!
Seven dog statues come out of magic hat...collars attach themselves...there is a blinding flash..the statues have turned alive!
Voice {Mockingly} Thank you Wizard...now I have a pack of hounds to track magic...your reward will be seeing each of your friends become my servaants before you do yourself! Servants against the Pure hearts!
Six evil twins of the Kids appear. Each is armed similar to Kids and has a similar look...but evil .{evil Hank has a crossbow; evil Eric has a round shield vs triangle shield of Eric. Evil Dinah has a quaterstaf and is dressed in silver and black; Evil presto is dressed in blue and black; Evil Shelia is dressed in Brown and black; evil Bobbie has a wooden mallet}. (No equilvant of Uni}
General melee of equiliants begin
Eric vs Eric: There is only room for one of us in this realm
Hank fires arrows in front of evil twins and Bobbi smashes ground with club creating a chasham. Kids flee
Scene 5: Kids in deeper part of forest...exhausted and in shock
Eric: If I had a choice between him and venger...Id choose Venger
BobbI: How can we beat them? Their weopons are equal to ours...
An anceient man dressed in ragged silver wizard clothing with a silver ambulant appears
Man: Evil ones...the time for running has passed...time to end this
HanK: Hold it we are not those evil twins
Man: YOu speak the truth...your hearts are pure...I am Argent the silver wizard....eons ago I was the Chief wizard of this district...I could use my magic to help ehance truth and beauty...till one day I made a terrible mistake..I will always rue. I tried to separate evil from myself and store it in my ambulant...it only partically worked....he escaped....and building on hatred evil and malice...became the Duke of Darkness..he has grown till even his rival...the one whose name cannot be spoken...fears HIm. He took my puils and turned them to do his bidding. BEWARE...all enslaved by him...Must serve him forever
Eric: Doing evil for ethernalty...what a fate
HanK: Can he be destroyed? What is the source of his power?
Argent: He is immortal. However the source of his power is his dark ambulant. If his ambulant should ever meet my silver alulant head on..he and his servants will be imprisoned forever
HanK: Listen to a plan
Scene 6 Kids and Argent walking in a grey plain
HanK; If he is looking for Magic..hear goes..{Shoots arrow into air}
Voice: HA...HA...thank you my pets for finding magic...you can bring me the weopons when the battle is over.. servants of Evil..aganst the purehearts
Melee between evil twins and Kids begins
Eric{s}: You again?
Voice: My brother Argent...prepare to be enslaved.....
Hank fires arrow which takes silver ambulant from Argent and travels toward dark ambulant
Voice: No....No....
Amulants meet with a blinding flash; Duke of Darkness; magic hounds and evil twins VANISH
Kids start to cheer...until they reaize in shock and horror that ARgent has vanished as WELL!
BobbI: WHERE....DID...HE...Go?
Hank picks up ambulant off ground. Argent appears
Argent: Farewell...my young friends. I could not tell you the fact that in regard to the Amulant magic...that weather used for good or evil...that all touched by it must remain imprisoned within it. May you find a way to your world
Dungeonmaster appears.
Dungeonmaster: Barbarian and my other pupils. You must understand why Argent chose his fate..as he was the unwhitting author of the Duke of Darkness..he will now do all he can to make sure the Realm is no longer troubled by this malice.
Dinah: But what is to stop Venger from usung the ambulant for evil purposes?
Eric: Throw it down a bottomless well
Dungeonmaster: Chavilier...an excellent suggestion
Amulant disappears
Shelia: Look the sky is clearing from that grey darkness and the ground is becoming green again
Dungonmaster: Thief..this region is renewing itself. Neveertheless it is not wise for you and the rest of the pupils to stay here. For generations the people have been humiliated by that malicious Duke and his minons..they will not understand that you are NOT the Evil Twins
Eric: WHAT ARE YOU waiting For?...Get us out of here quick PLEASE!
Dungeonmaster moves his fingers...Dungeonmaster; kids amd Uni disappear.

FINNIS

Last edited by Nomann on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:40 am; edited 16 times in total
Nomann
Gnarly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. according to the online Cartoon encyclopedia there were several scripts/story idea lines that were never made...enough for a 4th season.
1st season-13 episodes
2nd season--8 episodes
3rd season--6 episodes

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of Dungeons & Dragons in general, but I have heard a lot of fans love this cartoon based on it. (But I do enjoy both the Smurfs and Punky Brewster Smile - but it's okay if they're not your thing.)
Thanks for adding to the conversation. And welcome to the forums, Nomann! Glad you're here- enjoy your time here. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
LepricahnsGold
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dungeons & Dragon opening

"Oh, those kids are after me Lucky Charms!" - Lucky
Nomann
Gnarly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kids could fight monster wizards, etc...but two things they couldn't overcome according to the Big cartoon database the series was expensive to make and low ratings as well...it was kind of like in my opinion to cartoons what the orginal Star Trek was to TV...an interesting and entertaining series of sci-fi adventures ....you know except for dvd collections and youtube...its not on television anymore....why when Star trek was made into a cartoon series that was on Cable TV Nick cartoon...years ago...but not anymore....now days they just keep showing blocks of same cartoons.... stiil everyone has their own favorites...I was nevr a fan but He-man was first a toy then a cartoon and even a movie...it even beat out Ghostbusters as kids favorite in ghostbusters II!

Nomann
Gnarly

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dexter labrotory did a hilarious spoof D D & D of dungeons and dragons.
At least Dungeons and dragons was spared the fate of the smurfs which went on too long for too many a year

Last edited by Nomann on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
SharpFork
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the US dvd set is edited syndication versions. However the UK set is uncut and also includes the unreleased scripts in the bonus features.

Nomann
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing came across BBC cartoon listing of Dungeons and Dragons; funny they only bought the first two seasons and not the 3rd seasons episodes.
Why I don't know?

Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing the beeb, it'll have been down to cost.
Nomann
Gnarly

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: D & D Little known fact: Reply with quote

When Dungeons and Dragons cartoon series was shown in Spain, there was also published a comic book version of each episode; however the order was slightly different order than shown on US TV:

Comic Issue: US TV Episode Order: Italian TV Order

#1 Eye of the Beholder #2 #2
#2 Valley of the Unicorns #4 #4
#3 In Search of the Dungeonmaster #5 # 5
#4 Prison without walls #7 # 7
#5 Servant of Evil # 8 # 8
#6 Garden of Zinn # 10 #10
#7 The Night of No Tommorrow # 1 # 1
#8 Hall of Bones #3 # 3
#9 Beauty and the Bogbeast #6 # 6
#10 P-R-E-S-T-O Spells Disaster # 13 #13
#11 Quest of the Skelaton Warrior # 9 #9
#12 The Lost Children # 12 #12
#13 The Box # 11 #11
#14 The Girl who dreamed Tommorrow #14 #14
#15 The Treasure of Tardos #15 #15
#16 The City at the Edge of Midnight # 16 #16
#17 The Traitor # 17 #17
#18 The Last Illusion #19 #19
#19 Day of the Dungeonmaster #18 #18
#20 The Dragons Graveyard # 20 #20
#21 Child of the Stargazer # 21 #21
#22 The Dungeon at the Heart of Dawn # 22 #22
#23 Citadel of shadow # 25 #23
#24 Odyessey of the Twelfth Talisman # 24 #25
#25 Cave of the Fiairy Dragons #26 #27
#26 The Time lost # 23 #24
#27 Winds of darkness # 27 #26

while its true that Cave of the Fairie Dragons was broadcast before Winds of Darkness...they were actually produced so Winds of Darkness is # 26 and Cave of the Fairie Dragons is 27th and LAST episode...see Offical listing at

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-2blyLfwCajU/Td1WFJGtKLI/AAAAAAAAG_o/foiDZ6GKadE/s1600/episode_guide_special_features.jpg

3 seasons pretty much material tapped out...a 4th if lucky.....but that was it

Last edited by Nomann on Wed Jul 26, 2017 5:10 am; edited 12 times in total
Nomann
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Alternative D & D last ending-set in 1985??? Reply with quote

Since nowadays the fashion is that of Alternative versions...here is my take on the next to the last and final never made D & D episode-set in 1985:

Title: FINIS?
Act 1 Scene 1
A globe shows a young girl picking herbs
Voice: WE SHALL MEET again
White flash-she is gone
A globe shows a female soccress reading a book
Voice: Dear SISTER...You'd WISH YOU were back in your Cave again
White flash-she is gone
A globe shows a scene of a young girl reading in her bedroom
Hard Cold voice is heard: So you thought that because your friends got you
back to your world you were safe...from me...now then {mumbled words}
White flash-she is gone
Voice: Now the third one is captured...time to send a most unpleaasent message to your friends...
Act 1 Scene 2 Kids are in a forrest:
Presto; Shelia and Bobby start screaming and holding their heads:
Presto: Varla
Shelia: Kareena
Bobbi: Terri
Eric: It couldn't have been that fish Presto conjured up for lunch could it?
Dinah: Can the wisecracks Eric...Those are all friends of theirs...and Vengers enemies
Eric: I get a sick feeling of a heroic rescue attempt at Venger's castle
Hank : Rescue is right....we owe it to those friends of ours..to help them
Presto: I'll get us there in a wink...Zip...Zap Zing...get us to Venger dungeons... quick as can be {Kids vanish}
Dungeonmaster {suddenly appears}....STOP....My..PUpils....IT....IS....A...TRAP.....Oh..NO...TOO Late..so THE END HAS BEGUN..... Dungeonmaster takes off his life energy ambulant and waves his fingers while muttering a spell -places ambulant into a small chest inscribed "For my daugther". chest disappears
Ac1 1 Scene 3 Dungeon Vengers castle
Varla Kareena and Terri are chained to the wall. The kids burst into cell.
Kids: How did you all get HERE?
Varla: I was gathering herbs in the forest...
Kareena: I was reading up on old magical lore.... My RING's under a spell..it isn't working
TerrI: I was in my bed room...
Bobbi: Don't worry I'll knock those chains off and after your free there is a appointment with old one horn...
Bobbi swings his club at the chains to break them.
Suddendly there is a blinding white flash and everyone is GONE
Act 1 Scene 4
The Kids and prisoners find themselves in Vengers throne room chained by magic to the wall. Their magic toetms are on the floor before Venger
Venger: I knew that sentimental desire for goodness would be your weakness...Now down to the business of taking what...IS MINE. All those with magic in this castle-the power belongs to me-weather illusion, sibling, clairvoyance or transporation. You ten pure hearts have been a pain in my plans for way too long. Now I'll take my revenge on all of you FOREVER...
Eric: I Knew It...Vengers cashing in our Chips for Keeps
Venger: Wrong Chevalier...by the time I'm finished with you....You wished I had done that...ha...ha...ha
Venger zaps the Kids, Uni and the prisioners at once. Especially Shelia, Varla, Kareena, Terri who start screaming. Uni who loses her magic horn.
BobbI: [Enraged] You Big Bully...for what you did I'll attack you even without my club
Venger: Now my revenge is beginning to work..I have two old debts to pay against Tiamat and Dungeonmaster. Begoone out of my castle...HA..HA..Ha [Kids and prisioners vanish in white light]
Act 2 Scene 1 Kids in forest --faces cant be seen In Shadow.
Presto: STRANGE I don't feel any different....What did he do to US besides take our weopons? What did he mean by saying we'd wish he'd done away with us?
Eric: I don't know about you guys but I feel thirsty...{goes to stream,,looks into water and starts screaming} HELP ANYONE....HE TURNED ME.,,,YOU...US ALL Into SKelatons!
In shock and horror the kids, prisioners and Uni realize they have been turned into living skeltons!
Hank: Kareena can you reverse this spell?
Kareena: Even if I still had my ring I'm afraid I could do nothing...not even Dungeonmaster can do anything..this is a spell that can only be reversed either by he who cast it ...or broken if he were destroyed...my brother is very vindictive and never forgiving of any and all who oppose him in any way at all....all under this spell can live for centuries in this form...yet those thus cursed..lose normal desires such as eating, drinking and sleeping...all that is left is a feeling of hopelessness ....the agony of just ....EXISTING this way..day after day
Hank: So that's his revenge... we are going to be "living" warnings in the Realm of what happens to those who dare to oppose Venger...
Dinah: Look up in the sky...Venger against Tiamat..the dragons Queen has LOST...he...he's turned into a dragon monster himself and become larger than her....and now both are morphing into a six headed dragon...
Presto: Its...Its like Demodragon...only Venger bigger and worse than Before.....
Eric: A six head dragon-hybrid.Venger.-Taimat..ugh
Dinah: No wisecracks this time Eric?
Eric: No....NO....Not this time...except if we are lucky five of the heads will lead a revolution against Venger!
Sheliah: WE...CAN ...Only...HOPE..THAT COMES To Pass!
Bobbi: Terri I'm awfully sorry you ended up like this..
Terri: Bobby the Barbarian as long as I'm with you anything is bearable...even this appearance.......now what is your surname?
Bobbi:Mine is O'Brian
Terri: Mine is MacNeill
Bobbi: At least in this state...we wont have to worry about needing food...
Terri hugs Bobbi-they both began laughing weakly
Dungeonmaster appears-looking tired
Dungeonmaster: [gravely] My children and pupils ...before I go to fight with Venger-Tiamat monster...remember this advice...during the period which will come this will be the most difficult ordeal you will have to endure...yet no matter what happens to me weather I survive or not....always strive to keep your hearts pure...do not fall into the trap Venger has...his arrogance and greedy striving for unlimited power by upsetting the natural balance will not make him more stronger...but on the contray will bring about his downfall...[disappears]
Eric: I'll say one thing for D.M. cryptic riddles...they usually come out true...
Dinah: I agree for once with Mr Mou...er Eric
A big flash of light appears in the sky
Karena: {Screams} YEEAAHHHHH Venger has destroyed..... Father ....I can FEEL....IT....[weeps]
Sheliah: Kareena ....be comforted...remember Dungeonmaster advice to us all...Your the New Dungeonmaster....and even without magic...we'll support you against Venger.. why before when he took our totems...we've still beat him
Kareena: Thief...your right...he may have the power...but not the wisdom..to use it wisely...hes not infallible...he will make mistakes...
The small Box appears in suprized Sheliahs hand; she opens it and hands ambulant to Kareena who wears it
The kids start walking into the sunset: Presto with Varla; Eric and Dinah; Terri wth Bobbi and Uni; Kareena with Shelia and Hank.
Last scene focus on ambulant ....Dungeonmaster appears briefly and winks his eye at audience before disappearing again
On Screen:
Did the Kids ever reverse the spell?
Did the Kids ever get Home?
How will Venger's downfall come about?
Will Dungeonmaster reform himself?
The End?

Last edited by Nomann on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:46 pm; edited 40 times in total
Nomann
Gnarly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Alternative D & D last ending-set in 1985??? Part II Reply with quote

Just for the record a p.s. for Finnis Part 1
Now for the of conclusion Finnis Part 2 Very Happy Very Happy
Finnis part 2

Act 1 Scene 1
Karenna: I sense my brother is going to do battle with his Master..those name cannot ever be spoken {shrudders}.... for control of the cosmos...
Eric: {Hopefully} If Neither of them survives..will we get back to normal?
Karenna: No such luck...one will probably survive...and we are doomed to stay this way for eternity
Hank: Karenna after Venger used our weopons against Teimat...does he still have them?
Karenna: Why No...I sense that after the battle with the Dragon Queen...he had no further use for them..they are in his castle
Eric: Hank have you flipped? Even fully charged our weopons cant prevail against a hybrid Venger-Tiamat
HanK: I know.... that's what I counting on
Act 1 Scene 2 Venger Castle Our heros taking up their weopons; Karenna picks up her ring
kareena: My ring still has some power left
Hank: Now theres only one place left to recharge our weopons...
ERic: Don't tell me...the Dragons Graveyard..
Hank; Yes there...trust me on this gamble...Eric do you really want to go on forever looking like...this?
Eric shakes his head
The Kids use their weopons to get to the Dragons graveyard-kids and prisioners end there
Act 2 Scene 1 The Dragons Graveyard
The Kids weopons glow with recharged energy
Karenna: The great Battle is over...my brother has won...but he is not as strong as he was before...I sense that He knows we are here...
Venger-Tiamat appears
Venger: I'd Knew you try to use your weopons recharged at this place...which is why I left them at my castle.
Hank: Do you fear anything?
Venger: I fear mothing...I have power...all you pity beings are good for is to forever exist as warnings to one and all to never revolt against my rule
Hank: Tiamat..one question..do you wish to spend eternity linked to Venger?
Tiamat: Although an annoying human..he has asked the right question..I HAVE NO WISH TO SPEND ETERNITY LINKED TO YOU VENGER
Venger: How do you even dare question ME? I CONQUERED YOU
Hank: BUT WITH OUR WEOPONS
Tiamat: AND NOW YOU DONT HAVE THEM
The two hybrid parts fight one another
Hank: Karenna quick gather our weopons and direct their energy to both the seam that binds the two beings together and upon Venger as well
Kareena does this. The Combined energy and Tiamt rage causes the hybrid to split apart. Venger appears in "Phanthom form" and stands alone.
Venger: Nicely played Ranger divide and conquer....you have won this round..but I will be back to take my revenge against you all {Evil laughs and disappears}
Tiamat: I owe you humans a debt for restorying the natural balance...
HanK: All we ask is that we go back to the Realm..and never come back to this place ever again...Forever
Tiamat: Ranger Those are my wishes Exactly.. Now .beggone
Kids et all vanish in magic flash
Act 2 Scene 2 The Forrest
Eric: Venger is probably back to his normal evil self and Tiamat is in her graveyard...but does this mean we'll be stuck as walking advertisements for Venger tyranny forever?
Dungeonmaster: Not necessary Chaeliver
Eric: Where did you come from...? We thought your were destroyed..?
HanK: Where are our brains? It was his ambulant..he wasn't wearing it before the big battle
Kareena hands ambulant back to Dungeonmaster
Dungeonmaster: Correct Ranger...I left a "Piece" of myself there..as regards your present appearences....that lasted only as long as the hybrid existed...you will soon to be returned to normal...
Kids and everyone else-including Uni -normal appearance.
Dungeonmaster: Varla,Terri do you wish to go back to your normal places?
Varla: Why yes of course
Terri to Bobbi:
Terri: Bobbi Do you wish to come home to our world with me?
BobbI: Yes .Terri...I do want to go home...But as long as Venger is creating havoc in the cosmos...with no place to hide..we have to stop him
Terri: I understand Bobbi the Barbarian-see you at school -with my locket!{Kisses him. Bobbi blushes}
Presto: Varla...we may live in different worlds...but I have a fealing we'll meet again.....someplace somehow
Varla: Presto Odd I have the same feeling we will meet again...
Kareena: Thank you Shelia for your friendship and help...now I know I have friends in the Realm
Dinah: DUngeonmaster..Venger vowed revenge against all who ruined his latest plan. We and Kareena can defend ourselves with our toetoms...but whats to protect Varla and Terri from his hatred?
Dungeonmaster weaves a spell.Small ambulants appear on Varla and Terri.
Dungeonmaster: These will protect you from Vengers spells.
Varla, Kareena and Terri vanish
Sheliah: Why Presto and Bobbi....your both crying
Presto: Ah..its just Dirt in my eye from the graveyard
Bobbi; Mine to.
Sheliah; I Understand
Dungeonmaster: My pupils you have helped restore the natural balance. Do you wish to go home now?
Hank: {Grimly} Dungeonmaster..we all wish to go home..but as Bobbi remarked..how can we go when Venger causes calamity in the cosmos-and there is no place to hide from his malice?
Dungeonmaster: Wisely spoken pupils..you have in fact taken another step forward home.

==Finnis==

Last edited by Nomann on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:06 am; edited 50 times in total
Nomann
Gnarly

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only D & D had been renewed for one more last season Exclamation Neutral Neutral

Last edited by Nomann on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:52 am; edited 14 times in total
Nomann
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Alternative D & D last ending-set in 2017? Reply with quote

Since nowadays the fashion is that of Alternative versions...here is my take on the last and final never made D & D episode- the cartoon time has been updated to "real Time"-set in 2017-after the appearance of Requeriam

Title: The Rip Van Winkle children:
Act 1 Scene 1 the Amusement Park D & D Ride {deserted}
Suddendly there is a flash of light and a rollor coster ride comes into view with our six kids-without totems or Uni but still dressed in D & D cloathing.

Kids: We made it..after all those adventures...and escaping evil goons..We are finally Home!

Kids laugh with joy.

Shelia: I don't want to put a damper on coming home...but how do we explain being away from home for so long?
Eric: We just tell our parents....the er truth...oh brother
Dinah: Yeah that we were in another demininson of magic, dragons, demons and monsters...
Presto: They'd lock us away in a rubber room...
Hank: It was a long time in the Realm...but remember when we rescuded Jimmy Whitaker? We were gone nearly 1 year but to Jimmy it was still the Sunday night at the amusement Park....
Bobbi: Well how do we explain our clothing?
HanK: We were at a custume party and forgot to change our clothes...
Eric: Whats the worst our parents could do? Ground us for a week for staying out too late?
Hank: Lets meet back here in about 2 hours...just in case there has been any changes while we were gone..after all what could have be so difffernt from the time we left?
Act 1 scene 2 The kids at the amusement park...faces shocked and scared.
Hank: I was quite wrong....its been 34 years since we' been gone....who wants to start?
Eric: My family estate is still here....but not my parents at all! I asked around--it seems my old man is a guest of San Quinton Prison for over 29 years for something called "Insider trading"---what ever that is. My mother divorced him....
Dinah: I went back to my old neighborhood...I used to practice acrobatics on the trees back of my house....only my house isn't there anymore...its now a grocery store parking lot...what's worse is that no one remembers my family at all...
Presto: I went down to where the computer game store was...and its something called an Internet Café....some eating place..no food...but they got nothing but people playing on computers....types of which I've never seen before...my old house still stands but my folks moved away...no one knows where.
Shelia: I'll speak for Bobbi and myself...the school we went to....torn down...our home...gone....mother went crazy worrying what happened to us and father just couldn't handle it and ran away....
Hank: At my old house I meet my brother....yet he didn't recognize me....claimed he had no brother...but a no good runaway punk that caused his parents grief..he even threatened to beat up me as a fraud ....since his brother would be much older than he was..not some teenage fool in a robin hood custume!
Eric: Well fearless lead...Hank..our hopes of coming home are gone...what do we do now?
HanK: Its painfully obvious that we do not belong in this world...everything we knew is changed and gone for good...we cant even prove we were in another world
Bobbi: There has got to be some place where we Belong...!
Act 1 Scene 3:
Tired and resigned to their fate The six Kids on D & D Amusement park ride...go into tunnel....flash of light.
Act 2 Scene 1 Daylight at D & D amusement park ride
Big wrecking ball.. Foreman to operator.
Foreman: Charlie..our assignment is to smash this old amusement ride to bits. Hasn't been used for years...since some kids went in according to legend and never came back out.
Wrecking ball smashes ride to bits.

=Finnis=

In regard to my last story "The Rip Van Winkle Children" here is my epilogue!

"Destinty"
==The First One==

Act 1 Scene 1 the kids are in the Realm Again with their weopons and Uni.

Bobbi {slightly weeping} We were home....and yet were never there...
Eric: Look short stuff....that was one portal that lead to a future earth...prehas theres a portal that opens up to a earth of our time....
Bobbi; You Think? Your not just saying that just to make me stop crying are you?
Eric: I'm not trying to joke with you....it is possible isn't it HanK?
Hank: Anything is possible in this crazy place.....

Hank never gets to finish his sentence...a lighting spitting evil dragon spots the Kids and begins firing lighting bolts at them.

Hank: Scatter to shelter....
The kids scatter
Presto takes off his hat and starts chanting "hat...start a whirl...."
Presto is a minuite too late...and a lighting bolt comes nearly too close to Shelia. An enraged Bobbi runs toward dragon
Bobbi: Try to barbecue my sister will you? I'll bat your lightings bolts back at you...
Eric: Bobbi....STOP...THATS MY DEPartment
The Dragon aims a lighting bolt at Bobbi-which hits him full in the chest
Both Bobbi and Shelia scream...Bobbi in suprize and Shelia in horror.
Dragon flies away
Bobbi found himself looking down at his own body...he tried to speak to his sister to comfort her...but she didn't seem to hear him. Bobbi knew where he was...twice before he come to this place--the first time had been when he'd been poisoned by the water dragon(*}..and the second time(**}.....he remembered that experience all too clearly....he had the feeling he wasn't alone...that puzzled him as no one else had been hurt...he looked around and saw with a shock that it was ....Terri from earth!
BobbI; Terri...what...What are you...doing here?
Terri: I was outside in the school playground when it started raining..I was running for shelter...when I heard a large Ka-boom and I found myself here with you Barbarian...{looks down} OH NO You Got struck by lighting to?
Bobbi: Yes Terri....from a bad dragon...Heres your locket...twice before I've been here....but I don't think I'm coming back to my body this time..
Terri: If you been revieved before...why not now?
Bobbi; I just know....besides my sister given the Banshee keening over me
Terri: Which means....?
Bobbi: An irish person has gone to the otherworld

Act 1 Scene 2 the kids are by a stone tomb crowned with Bobbis helmet and club. It reads Bobby the Barbarian who fell defending those he loved...when they leave the club disappears.

(*} TV D & D Garden of Zinn
(**) See D & D Fanfiction Tree of Sadness/Sea of Madness and epilogue tale
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4450258/14/Seas-of-Madness-Trees-of-Sadness
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10928668/1/Life-and-Death-are-just-one-heartbeat-apart

==The second one==
Act 2 Scene 1
A very quiet group is making their way toward a cave...each with their own thoughts:
Hank: I've failed to protect one of the gang
Presto: If only I wasn't such a klutz with magic
Shelia: If only I'd disappeared faster
Eric: If only I'd protected everyone with my shield sooner
Dinah: If I'd just managed to stop him....OHHH

Suddendly it starts raining....
HanK: Quick the cave...until it stops....
Kids get in cave...and are amazed...the walls are mirrors!

Before one mirror...figure shaped like a human yet not human..the voice:
Voice: HA...Eons I have waited...for a emotional being whose grief is so strong....it will give me form.......to get out of this prison...and unleash chaos throughout the cosmos.........I pick you THIEF!
Shelia: NO.....NO....Don't you dare use me...
A mirror image of Shelia forms....Cruelity and evil mark it s form
Shelia Howls with anger rage and grief and runs right at the figure
Voice: Out of the way...fool...NOT....
Shelia and the figure collide...glass shatters....not being able to fully form evil figure dissolves in the air; however Shelia lies mortally injured before the broken glass
HanK: Why did you do that? Eric and I could have shattered the glass without you getting hurt...
Shelia: You could not have stopped that evil being in time...besides after what happened to Bobbi...how could I go on living ....?

The kids move up from a rock tomb marked "Shelia" which is drapped with the cloak...which disappears..after they leave
Shelia finds herself with Bobbi and Terri.
Shelia: Oh...Bobbi....Terri?
Bobbi: Its a long story Sis.

==The Third one==
Act 2 Scene 2 a reduced band in a forest. The only one not sleeping is Presto

Presto: Varla....Oh Varla....where are you?
A vision similar to Varla as Presto first saw here...only now she is screaming Presto....Presto...and appears bodily
Presto: Whats happening? Is a evil wizard trying to use your power again?
Varla: No.....Presto....the evil No name Power is trying to take control of Me....once it controls me...no one in the cosmos will be safe
Presto: No one else can help you...there is only one way
Hank; Dinah and Eric wake up...
Hank: Presto...what are you doing...?
Presto: Sorry guys....I MUST do this...
Presto flings himself at Varla and holds her
Throws hat up in air above them both
Presto: Magic hat...my last command....change us both forever from this life and land
Both disapper..the magic hat is left on the ground {disappears}
Dinah: Presto sacrified himself to save so many .....
Eric; I.....I.....wisecracks aren't funny now........
Hank: I know what you mean.....
Presto and Varla meet the others....

===The Fourth==
Act 3 Scene 1 a reduced company walks past a rainbow waterfall
Dinah: Uni...were sorry....but you must grow up among the other Unicorns
Uni protests..
Voice: Thanks for bringing in the last Unicorn for Me!!!
Kids: Keelek!
Diane: Uni...quick flee and warn the other Unicorns to stay away...We'll handle this crazy bum
Keelek: Thought I was imprisioned? Well when Venger turned good...It freed me......my plan of domination cannot be stopped...now I'll take all their power at once forever..instead of one at a time....POWER IS MINE forever
HanK; Think again! {fires arrows}
Eric: Throws shield up to deflect Keelek magic bolts
Keelek: You three pests are going to end up where I was inprisoned for eternity....where is that girl?
Dinah: {enraged} Right behind you...Keelek...don't you dare hurt any Unicorns!
Keelek: {Sneers} You dare to stop me.....????HA HA....
Keelek doesn't finish. Dinah uses her javelin to land right in front of Keelek and shatters his amulant with the javelin. Both cry out...Keelek in rage and Dinah in triumph as magic consumes them both. Keelek is inprisioned in magic globe which goes down while Dinah is consumed and vanishes. Her Javelin remains on ground but disappears
Eric: Oh Dinah...we had our spats...but to go out like this
HanK: Eric....It....was ....what...she ...would have chosen...to save the innocent from evil....

An ethereal Dinah meets the others:
Dinah: Hi...gang Miss me?

==The fifth and the sixth one==
Act 3 scene 2...Hank and Eric at daybreak in a forrest
Eric: Hank....You and I.....we.... are the last ones .....left
Hank: Eric.....I know...somehow I've got the feeling that it wasn't coincidence
Dungeonmaster: You are both correct ...Ranger and Chevalier...
Eric: Hello DM...I've gotten used to your suprize appearences by now...
HanK; Dungeonmaster....when we came to this world...It wasn't accidental that we were chosen...for...something big.....It wasn't just for redeeming Venger was it?
Dungeonmaster {sadly}: No Ranger....fate ...has ...something different for you both....He those name cannot be spoken...is coming back with a vengeance. Your redeeming Venger alerted him that his ultimate plan of Evil will not come about...for you see with the entire realm under his control....he will use the magic of this place against all other worlds including yours....will fall under his reign
Eric; So we two are the last ones were fated to deal with old no-name...why were we....Oh...Oh...Now I remember...I Opened that Box
Hank: And I gave you permission to do so.....
Dungeonmaster: He is coming...near the river of no return. Do either of You choose whatever happens of your own free will?
Eric: ordinarrly I'd rather be home....but if I don't do something ...there is no home to go to
Hank: Well....transport us there
Act 3 scene 3 River of no return
HanK: You could have refused Eric
Eric: Yes...but what choice....the truth is that neither of us has a home to return to...and being ruled by evil forever....ugh
HanK: Here he Comes
Whirlwind of fire and hate comes up to Hank and Eric....although due to his cosmic battle with Venger-Tiamat hybrid he is not as large as he was in " The Dungeon at the Heart of dawn" No name who is about as tall as a 5 story building- is still dangerous and evil as he ever was
Hank fires arrows and Eric tries his hardest to deflect evil power.Little effect
Suddendly Eric runs up a cliff alongside the evil being and jumps at it head.
Hank: No....ERIC....Don't
Eric slams his shield down on the monsters head
Eric: YEEEEEEEAHHHH....Hit him fearless leader
Monster roars......Eric is consumed by fire. His shield falls at Hank feet
Suddendly Hank is consumed by the fires of anger, rage, hatred, guilt, frustratian and grief .He grabs the fallen shield and attaches himself to a power arrow and shoots himself toward the monsters head.

HanK: From my heart and for my lost friends I strike at thee monster!

He hits the monster full in the face with the shield. The resulting blast kills Hank; however it causes the Off balance monster to scream and fall into the river which boils and then freezes solid. The shield and bow lie next to each other on the riverbank...they both disappear

An ethereal Eric and Hank rejoin the others
Shelia: Welcome Hank and Eric...
Hank: Old no name has been beaten and trapped forever
Eric: Shortstuff..Dinah...Miss me?
Bobbi: Not as much as your insults
Dinah: Or your wisecracks

The Ranger has now been Freed from the double yoke of helping his friends get home and of fighting evil. Although both are ethereal, Hank and Shelia embrace and kiss.

Shelia: {tears of joy and fear}Oh Hank... Where do all of us go now in this place?
Hank: I don't know....lets see and maybe find out

Dungeonmaster .reappears in the dragons Graveyard with the shield and bow and hangs them up on a ruined wall
Tiamat: As least you keep your word....thank you for returning the last of the six totems to where they belong
Dungeonmaster: You realize...that even with No name trapped there are many of His PUPILS trying to overcome the Natural Balance between good and evil....
Tiamat: You may barrow any of the toetms from Here for other pupils to use ...Dungeonmaster...but remember where they must ultimately return to....and what happens if even one is left with those who covet it for their own selfish purposes....you mourn the loss of your pupils? Remember that those children were destined by fate even before they were born to save many in this realm...including both of us...regardless of personel cost....
Dungeonmaster: Old Advesary..you are right...I had hoped their good deeds would have permitted my pupils to live out their lives in their world in their own time....but I was wrong...for even if that would have happened..they would had to fight against No name...on his terms...in their world..twas not I...but fate...that brought them to this realm.
Tiamat: There will always be a struggle of the Natural balance in this Realm between Good and Evil...Just as their will be future pupils in this Realm from here and other worlds ...and future Dungeonmasters such as your son Venger who will do what they can to try to keep the balance even...as it has always been here in the realm from the beginning of time

==Epilogue==

scene: Karenna Castle
Karenna is looking in a mirror--she sees Eric.
Karenna: Chevalier...I heard of the sacrifices you all went through to save the Realm...
Eric: I'm not the Chevalier any more...just Eric....Well where we are now...I guess this is our home...at least for Hank & Shelia; Bobbi & Terri and Presto and Varla...
Kareena: Are you and Diana...?
Eric: No...we're what we've always been...adversarial friends....she deceided to wait for Kosar to fulfill his destiny before meeting him..he is..ah...busy right now...
Kareena: What was it like...to live a life without magic?
Eric: Its a life of uncertainly...
Kareena suddenly changes her cloathing from Dungeonmaster robes to the ordinary dress she was wearing in "Citadel of Shadow". She turns to the mirror and and graspes Eric by the hand. A red glow surrounds them both. She takes off ring and tosses it back onto the robes and then steps through the mirror. She has changed to being ethereal like Eric
Eric: Kareena...what are you doing..?
Kareena: Chevalier...Eric... I deceided to give up magic and life in the Realm...and changed myself to spend eternity with you....
Eric: Why..me..?
Kareena: Why not? Shelia is a good friend...but you were the one who suggested I join your group out of the pureness of your heart. The choice I had was either .give into the temptation of the allure of grasping of magic power ..or find a soulmate....Think of it...we are both alike...we both thought power either by magic or wealth was the key to living our lives...and we were both Dungeonmasters for a day.....I was alone for so long in that cave...just as you were also alone even among your friends....my robes and ring I have put under a spell so that only those with a pure heart can ever use them...
Both ethereal Kareena and Eric kiss.
Eric: Soulmate...lets join the others

Dungeonmaster appears in deserted room
Dungeonmaster: Welcome to the family Chevalier...I shall join both of you and the rest of my pupils/children when my time is done here in the Realm....yet I have so much unfinished work to do before Venger takes over the unbreakable yoke of being Dungeonmaster .....

==The End?==

Last edited by Nomann on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:49 am; edited 50 times in total
Nomann
Gnarly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alas the series was only on for 3 seasons.... Exclamation

of interest-dungeons and dragons cartoon has spawned artists/fans different drawings of the D & D characthers--one in particular has a interesting prologue see at https://zentron.deviantart.com/gallery/25227231/Dungeons-Dragons

Here is another drawing with Hank and Shelia in Love!
https://escribaregio.deviantart.com/art/Hank-and-Sheila-433927544

{note copyrighted} Wink Wink

note-some have even gone so far as to draw the kids as adults Embarassed Embarassed example In one version Hank, Presto, Eric and Bobbi are bearded men and Shelia and Dinah are women Bobbi in particular looks like a neandrathral---wearing Uni Unicorn skull !!!! In another version Hank looks the same but carries all the others totems; in another version the only survivors are a full grown Uni and ....Eric who likewise carries all the others totems..implying that all the others have been destroyed...and they are the only survivors... the problem with all these interprations is that it gets away from the intent:
6 teenagers in a fantasy land

here is another D & D fanfiction--
http://archiveofourown.org/works/12059226/chapters/27309405
http://archiveofourown.org/tags/Dungeons%20and%20Dragons%20(Cartoon)/works
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1894068/1/The-Temple-of-Love
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/3945479/1/The-Deona-Crystal
https://www.fanfiction.net/cartoon/Dungeons-and-Dragons
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/7697412/1/Beginnings
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/268135/1/Advent
https://www.fanfiction.net/topic/12494/165082842/1/Link-to-3-D-D-cartoon-scripts-stories
https://www.fanfiction.net/topic/46754/165078922/1/#166867603
https://www.fanfiction.net/topic/46754/165078922/1/
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/DungeonsAndDragons
read and enjoy!

Kids are still missing...
https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=ChirgQXW&id=925416A05CC29A8B9877E9086B005C5A6AF6B810&thid=OIP.ChirgQXWf-xN-BcxfK2AmgDsD9&q=Dungeons+and+Dragons+Cartoon+Funny&simid=608038435890922795&selectedindex=12&mode=overlay&first=1

I found this Interesting D & D spoof on the Internet...
http://t09.deviantart.net/G6vanuLkx8SNAHU8Mnb_sRPUhjg=/300x200/filters:fixed_height(100,100):origin()/pre14/215f/th/pre/f/2015/023/6/9/unnamed_2_by_stuartrobertson-d8f1uvn.jpg

Scooby-doo D & D!!!

Hank the Ranger....Fred Jones
Shelia the thief.......Daphne Blake
Presto the wizard.....Thelma Dinkley
Eric the Chavelier.....Shaggy Rogers
Bobbi Barbarian........Scooby dooo

3 D & D wiki websites
https://dnd-wiki.org/wiki/Talk:Dungeons_%26_Dragons_(TV_series)
http://dungeons.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeons_and_Dragons_TV_Cartoon_series_1983-1985
http://dungeonsdragons.wikia.com/wiki/Dungeons_and_Dragons_TV_series_1983-1985?venotify=created

see the following for the last story for an alternative univervise D & D in which the kids DO Not succeded in redeeming Venger!
http://archiveofourown.org/works/12059226

In this version of Dungeons and Dragons, the Kids fail to redeem the good part of Venger from the tomb...</p>

<p>Story taken up by Karena...</p>

<p> Karena: I suppose it is only natural that siblings have a certain rivaly betwwen them...so as it was with my Brother Venger.<br>
I was younger but I could sense that he was too impatient to learn the wisdom of using Dungeonmaster's magic.<br>
He always wanted everything here and now....being a smart person I realized that it was only a matter of time<br>
before he would usirp our fathers role...and seize magic for his own rule....I had to stop him...that was why<br>
I knew if I had his ring of the Mind...combined with my ring of the heart....he would NEVER Prevail...yet in<br>
that purpose...I failed...father always hoped his "Pupils" would redeem my brother back to goodness. Of all the pupils<br>
the ones who came closest were 6 young ones from another world. One who freed me from both my prison cave and<br>
the temptation of evil magic was a young red haired female human Shelia the Thief...</p>

<p> They had many adventures...with the hope of getting back to their own world...and usually defeating my brother's plans.<br>
Ultimately they came upon my brothers greatest fear..the tomb with his goodness...just as they were going to unlock the<br>
tomb when who should show up but Tiamat...who thought this a good time to destroy Venger...the tomb was buried forever...<br>
in fact what was destroyed was the tomb key...and father ...and nearly all of Dungeonmasters pupils...with one exception...</p>

<p> I took no part in this final battle...for my brother...transported me to his dungeon after putting a sleeping spell on<br>
me and then took my ring..and changed my Dungeonmaster robes into an ordinary dress.{He was terrified I'd use even a<br>
hint of magic to escape him}. I can still remember Venger that day:</p>

<p> Venger: Hello despicable annoying little sister...are those magic chains hurting your delicate wrists?</p>

<p> Myself: Not as much as you'll be hurting when I get my ring back...</p>

<p> Venger: {Sneering} Unlikely...this time I placed it where neither you or anyone else can ever retreve it...it was my orginal<br>
intention to have you chained here for a few hundred years...but I deceided to be mercyful....</p>

<p> Myself: I've had a taste of your mercy before....I dont belevie you one bit...</p>

<p> Venger: My mercy...is that you will not be alone in your doom...bring the prisioner in!</p>

<p> Two Orcs brought in Shelia the Thief...sans Cloak in magic handcuffs. One eye was swelled and blackened..she was missing a tooth her nose was bleeding and
she had scratches,bruises and welts all over her face and hands. </p>

<p> Orc: Lord Venger the last one remaining of Dungeonmaster Spies is here...it was necessary to use a whip to subdue her as she refused to cooperate
with your order to surrender. She is very strange..she meerly sat screaming over the body of the Barbarian..instead of fleeing from us. Do you want the hot irons and cold water used on her so as to break her will to resist you Great Lord?</p>

<p> Venger: A good idea but no time to use it on her. An equaly painful method is to Hang the new prisoner hands in chains upon the rack so that all her body's muscle joints will feel every bit of unbearable pain as is possible.<br>
Then leave.</p>

<p> Orcs: At once Lord Venger</p>

<p> She was chained beside me with her hands high above her head with metal bands across her neck and waist; her feet were just off the floor.<br>
My dear Brother proceded to "interrigate" her.</p>

<p> Venger: Prisoner Thief...you and Prisoner Karina are gulity of High Treason against the Lord of this Realm...anything to say before sentence<br>
of Death is pronounced on you both?</p>

<p> Shelia: {Angry defiance} You killed part of my heart when you destroyed my brother and my friends...why did you leave me alive?</p>

<p> Venger: {Sneering} Pity your are not one of the Realms inhabints..we live far longer than your puny humans can...why<br>
take my Dear little Sister....younger than me...but far older than you could ever dare wish to be...</p>

<p> Shelia: SO what?</p>

<p> Venger: If you were one of the Realm...I would turn you both into living skelatons and then chain you up beside my sister...so that for centuries would pass...and you'd both witness my trumphiant rule...in perfect misery...of knowing you can do nothing to stop it. I have the perfect scheme to handle both of you at the same time...HA..HA..HA...Arent you going to beg and pled for a mercyful death from me?</p>

<p> Shelia: {Proudly} Never from You Venger...My brother and I are descended on both sides of our parents from ancient races of Kings and Queens...from our father
we are of the Uí Briain ...who ruled for centuries before you even existed...while my scottish mothers clan motto is ...S'RIOGHAIL MO DHREAM...which means
MY RACE IS ROYAL..you little peasant!</p>

<p> Myself: I silently aplauded my friends defiant spirit...nothing could hurt him so much as the fact that there are some persons he cannot crush with
his Iron rule.</p>

<p> Venger: {Coldly} If I were in not such a good mood..of finally ruling the Realm..I would put a spell on you earth "Princess" so as to leave you in a torment of
unbearable pain and agony for a few centuries...</p>

<p> Shelia: {proud Defiance} And I promise YOU I will spend every moment plotting MY REVENGE on THEE forever</p>

<p> </p>

<p> Venger: I shall be content to keep you in agony here overnight....by nightfall tomorrow after both of you have served my purpose neither of you pests
shall ever trouble me forever...but will have permanent lodgings in the underworld while I RULE ABOVEGROUND ! {laughs} [Venger leaves]</p>

<p> Myself: Shelia...are all your friends and Dungeonmaster ...Gone from this life?</p>

<p> Shelia: Yes dear friend...all of them even Uni are not among the living...I alone survive in nearly unbearable heartache and pain...<br>
I did have time to keen over my brother.. and I did manage to give those Orcs...bites and scratches from my teeth and fingernails that
they'll never forget...{she coughed and spat out her bloody mouth spit}...no matter what pains I shall go through...I may scream...but I'll never
beg or trust in his "mercy"</p>

<p> Only when we were alone did Shelia and I wept tears of grief for our lost ones...we were not going to give Venger the satisfaction of<br>
seeing us mourn our losses. Shelia just managed that night not to fill the hours with screams of pain...grief for her lost friends and hatred<br>
of Venger strengthed her will to defy him any way she could. Every once in a while a guard would stare at us from the door..not to prevent<br>
escape [which was impossible] but to see if Shelia will to defy Venger was broken....Shelia would always shout: Tell that Montebank peasant<br>
that the Princess defys his mercy....for eternity.</p>

<p> Chapter 2<br>
Myself: The Next day both of us were outside Vengers castle gibbeted and chained inside a cage hanging from the crossbeam of a giblet<br>
I wore a sign "Traitor" and Shelia wore a sign "Assassian"<br>
A large crowd of the Realms Inhabits were there. Shelia keeping repeating to herself "Let me have strengh to endure the ordeal...".<br>
On his faithful hellhound horse Venger appeared.<br>
An orc herald blew a trumpet and read a speech:</p>

<p> Herald: Here ye...Hear ye....On the first day of his glorious rule Our Lord Venger Father of the Realm has Discovered two Traitors to his Rule and the State...
one is his own flesh and blood and the other is an alien from another world...who conspired with others of their kind to overthrow our beloved Leader and bring choas to the Realm. Such treason only merits Punishment by Execution. Protector High Judge Lord Venger has kindly voluntered to undertake the punishment of the last two living miscreants himself..to guard the REalm...</p>

<p> Myself: Had the situtation not been so deadly...I would have laughed outloud at my brothers twisted lies...one thing I noticed is that none of the crowd
[including Kings and Queens, Lords and Ladies, wizards and socceress] were Cheering the speach but had grown quite pale..had they an incling of what
type of Rule my dear brother was going to show for the Realm? Even Vengers horse looked as if it would rather race back to its place of origan
then witness our ordeal. What puzzled me was the form our doom would be...I knew his vicious nature would not permit our doom to be either meriful or swift.
Venger appeared and raised his hand toward both of us...a red spot appeared on our cloathing were our hearts were. </p>

<p> Venger: These two conspirators hearts plotted against me...now they are so linked that one cannot survive the other.<br>
As their cold hearts conspired against me...Ice will punish them. </p>

<p>We were both encased in ice</p>

<p> Myself: So that was our doom...by ice...first fear, panic and then resignation would overtake us.<br>
We would both perish slowly and painfully bit by bit. Our ordeal lasted nearly all day and was painful..</p>

<p>Just before midnight Venger spoke:</p>

<p>Venger: I shall now remove the ice.. These two villainous females deserve their fate. However I shall be merciful and grant them the privlage of being strangled....if they acknowledge my just and benefical rule over all....lower the cage into the ice water below!

</p>

<p>Myself: We were both lowered underwater.
Neither of us accepted his "last" offer. Trust my brother to offer such a "mercyful end"-with fear and terror to the victim! A tiny part of my mind was screaming...beg him his mercy...yet when I saw the steel of moral strengh in my friends heart...I marveled that despite the fire like agony she had gone through the night, that somehow this frail little mortal human girl would indeed never bow down to Venger...I felt strenghted to defy him as well.<br>
While our lungs screamed for air just as the water covered us, I could sense Shelia thoughts: Dear Friend the end is near....<br>
My last thought was wonder...would Venger enjoy seeing our pathetic last struggles to keep alive while grasping for breath?<br>
Just before the end at midnight mine and Shelia's last thoughts were the same:...I'm Free...I'm Free.<br>
It was almost in joyful relief that our spirts left our bodies.<br>
Throughout the ordeal the crowds were very quiet and left silently..too late did they understand what kind of rule my brother would impose on them.<br>
Only the Orcs cheered Venger...yet I could sense even they were not giving the cheers spontainsly..but from a deep fear.<br>
Our chained remains would left hanging forever as "proof" of Vengers "Justice" and iron hearted rule...<br>
my Brother still rules the realm...now he has become a slave to fear and paranioa...<br>
Our deaths were quite painless compared to the executions which now occur daily instead of yearly...<br>
The enthreal spirts of myself and my friend still walk endessely... by day in the Otherworld....and by night above the ground...<br>
we both are still searching for our equally lost enthreal friends...<br>
and to whomever meets us on our travels...<br>
I tell our story...forevermore</p>

<p>Finnis</p>

<p>Note: To last story..as this is an alternative Universe Dungeons and Dragons with a grim ending....here is an alternative ending:</p>

<p>Myself: I heard the last words in the Realm ".....lower the cage into the ice water below!"<br>
Down we plunged off the cliff near Venger's Castle into the sea below.<br>
Instinctively we closed our mouths...for a last grasp of air and life. And then for a second our hearts stopped [breaking Vengers spell]<br>
I knew the pressure was so great.....that it was hopeless....then I spotted shadows coming toward us...they...were....mermaids!<br>
A flash of magic and the cages fell open....a mask was pressed upon my mouth...I could breathe air...as did Shelia....we were alive again<br>
Our saviors gently eased our battered bodies...into the sea....after some gentle swimming they took us to a cave with a light<br>
They brought us both up to the surface....and laid us gently on the ground....our exhausted bodies fell into deep sleep after throwing up water.<br>
We both awoke tired and hungary....before us was the Mermaid Queen.<br>
Queen: I am the Queen of the Amazion Mermaids....it is not every day females from the Realm drop in....who are you?<br>
myself: Shelia and I told our stories... the Queen swam over to where we were sitting....reached up and stared into our eyes.<br>
Queen: You have wisely spoken the truth....remote as we are....we always keep an eye on the Realm above.....when it was seen that two females were in a cage
above us.....we took precautions......do you wish to go back up to the Realm?<br>
Myself: Without my ring....I cannot fight my brother...<br>
Shelia: Without my brother....I can never go back to my world.....I must stay here....to defy Venger....and for another personel reason<br>
Queen: You are welcome to dwell with us....Karena....we have some spellbooks....would you consent to be our magic expert? Shelia...do you also consent to stay here?<br>
Both: Yes We accept your proposal<br>
Queen: Its obvious that both of you must be "changed"....to live among us....once this happens...it can never be reversed except under certain conditions<br>
Both of us: Understood<br>
Myself: For obvious reasons we had to remove our shoes/boots and dresses and wear only underwear to swim in. Wearing the air masks We were both taken to a hole
in the ocean floor...from which magic came up. After we both dived into the hole our bodies were enveloped by magic. After a short time our legs came together
and changed into fish tails. Our face cheeks began to hurt....and we both had gills. We both swam out...and removed the masks. We could both breathe and talk
underwater.<br>
Queen: Welcome sisters to our female kingdom....here is a gift for you both {She handed us each a strap on knife for our arms] Here we harvest our own food from the
seafloor....seaweed....and fish. You will have to practice to use your modified bodies changes. With exceptions males are not welcome here...although if you do feel the
need for children..there is a special courting pool...in the Realm above<br>
Myself: At the mention of the courting pool...Shelia became very pale...I thought she was going to faint.<br>
Queen: What is wrong my daughter?<br>
Shelia: You've been so good to me....I must share a deep secret. After nearly four years in the Realm I just turned 17 years old on the evening before my friends and I set out
for Vengers tomb....I came to Hank...{Just short of 1 1/2 years older than myself} and begged him to let me exchange marriage vows with him to be his wife for that
one night.....So in nine months....I may give birth to our child...yet if I do not survive ...Karena would you please become my child's foster mother?<br>
Myself: I was suprized as anyone else of Shelia secret...I readily consented to her request.<br>
Queen: My dear new daughter...many of your sisters share similar misfortunes as did you..some have been cheated to, lied and betrayed...others after their husbands died
were left to be.. "leagally murdered" by greedy relatives or deceitful lovers...nearly all thrown off that very cliff where you both nearly met your doom. So here you can be
allowed to give birth in peace. Thus the ban on males.<br>
Myself: In 9 months Shelia did give birth...to a blond girl mermaid... she named it Bobbi after her beloved brother. Somehow being a mother seemed to clear away some of
the sadness that was a shadow on her heart. For a few days afterward...she seemed to rally...to get her strength back...yet the shock of childbirth plus the unhealed
grief....of her lost brother and friends...and the legacy of wretched pain and agony Venger had inflicted on her was too much for her frail shell of a body to \ withstand. {At the same time I myself gave birth to a red headed boy merman}. As Shelia laying dying she looked at the two infants and smiled. I asked why?<br>
Shelia: Dear...friend....our children....are both born at the same time....and will be raised together....hopefully married....to each other! That way neither of our family
lines will die out......and rescue the Realm.....from Venger....<br>
Myself: Shellia your so right....I was the de facto Dungeonmaster....and my son was the rightful heir to his grandfather legacy. Venger could not reign
forever..I am sorry....you will not live to see that glorious day<br>
Shelia: I will be waiting...in the otherworld....only then can I have any peace...with wrath on Venger....but you must be careful....and protect ...them both from him ....at
any cost.....{Coughs}<br>
Myself: I understand fully.....for the good of the Realm....I may have to sacrifice my life for their safety....till we meet in the otherworld ...my friend....<br>
Then Shelia embraced me and placed my hand over her weakened heart<br>
Shelia: [Stares and cried out] Bobbi....Hank....I See you....all....I'm coming to meet you...gang. [She gasped and relaxed. Out of her mouth her lifeforce {resembling a butterfly] flew out]<br>
Myself: I closed Shelia's sightless eyes and such a cry of grief came out of me....similar to when Venger had destroyed father.I helped bury Shelia between two corals on the sea
floor...I taught my son his grandfathers legacy and taught my future daughter-in-law her mothers lineage. Bobbi had her father's golden hair and her
mother's red freckles..The night of her 13th birthday..I was sleeping when I saw Shelia and father coming toward me. From the expressions on their faces....I knew what
they had come for. Shelia said nothing but her eyes were sad<br>
Father: "The time has come to do the following things....."<br>
Myself: I listened. " I understand and obey" I replied. I awoke the children and said...Now is the time I have prepared you both for.<br>
We all three swam to the Queen. She looked at us as she realized our mission.<br>
Queen: My dear daughter....the time has come for you to fulfill your destiny ?<br>
Myself: Yes elder Sister/mother....we must leave now<br>
Queen: Let me give you what little help I can. {She touched our tails with her spectre} As soon as you touch dry land your lower parts will change to legs again....<br>
Myself: We swam to the cave Shelia and I had first come to so many years before. We came out of the water onto the floor. Then the change began. I put on the dress
I had worn and placed shoes on my feet. To Bobbi I helped her put on her her mothers boots and old violet dress. For my son I helped him put on a pair
of pantaloons and a shirt his father have given me as a gift. We came to a passage in the cave and followed it to the heart of Vengers lair.
This I knew is where he had placed my ring and fathers dungeonmaster robe. I could feel the magic pulsating behind the doors. My son made a move toward them but
I stopped him. " Do not go near them....for Venger has cast a spell that kills myself and my blood should we touch it. " Then I turned to Bobbi<br>
Myself: Bobbi....you were born of mortal humans....the spell will not work against you...like your mother you must act as a thief and retrieve the ring and robe<br>
Bobbi face became the same determined expression Shelia had when she helped me so long before.<br>
Bobbi: I will not fail either of my mothers<br>
Myself: Faster than the wind she rushed through the doors...cried out I Have them....and rushed back out again holding both objects. I placed the ring on my finger and
and placed the robe on my son.<br>
Myself: "Venger is coming....I must fight him alone..." Venger came....He was older and crueler than last I remembered him<br>
"Welcome Brother" I ironically remarked echoing our battle of long ago.<br>
Venger: My little sister... alive... with a son and the human female spawn of the thief...this time there will be no half measures.. all three of you will be destroyed....<br>
Myself: Not so easy.....Brother {putting up a force field against his attack} It was quite a stalemate my magic against his....yet he was slowly forcing me
against the deadly doors....I could see the mad triumph in his eyes....yet I stood my ground not yielding an inch back against his furious onslaughts.
He was growing mad with rage so close to destroying me...and yet not succeeding. Finally he made his mistake...he sprang forward and tried to bodly
lift and throw me into the doors. I grappled with Him and threw us both back into the doors. The deadly blue spell enveloped us both. It mortally wounded me;
Venger it did not kill....I used the ring to refocus the magic from evil to good and used it against Venger {as father had done to Venger Long ago}.
Venger was enveloped in a red magic prison which vanished. My son and Bobbi ran to me.<br>
Son: Mother...your mortally hurt...I'll use your ring to.....revive you<br>
Myself: "No my son....I....Have fulfilled my destiny....let me use it for you both..."I used the ring so my son and his future wife hearts would always be connected....then I used
the ring power to move us to the sea shore. My son had the robe so I gave the ring to Bobbi. "It is an unbreakable yoke that of Dungeonmaster of the realm. Keep \ your hearts pure and never follow Vengers path of power. Place my body within the sea....so I can join my sister Shelia." Both wept...but did as I asked. From above I
saw my body gently carried by mermaid sisters to where Shelia had been laid to rest. I felt my spirit rising up and meeting Shelia and father. On the way I saw Tiamat
the Dragon Queen break free of Vengers chains and fly to her home in the Dragons Graveyard.<br>
Shelia: Welcome sister {and embraced me}<br>
Father: Welcome Karena....I detect sadness for what you had to do to Venger...<br>
Myself: How long will he remained imprisoned?<br>
Father: Alas ...my son will remain there as long as his anger, hatred and hunger for power consume him. Only when he begins to understand there are higher goals such
as love and understanding....will he finally be free and redeemed.</p>

<p>Thus ended Karenas chronicle<br>
P.S. by her son Dungeonmaster III<br>
The day of reckoning did come for my evil uncle Venger......yet twas only at a personel cost....to secure the legacy...my mother did have to sacrifice herself....to retrieve her ring of power for us.........for us both...the loss of our mothers leaves a hole in our hearts that will never entirely heal</p>

<p>A Dungeons and Dragons short story<br>
At Peace<br>
It was just like the nightmare in her dreams....only for Shelia it was coming horribly TRue....<br>
By far this was just horrible....almost as bad as when they had first encountered Venger Master ...the evil with no Name....<br>
They had fought him....the Wizard of Torment.....yet he had trapped them ......taken their weopons.....and was bringing about their worst nightmares....drive them insane with sorrow...and then end their lives....when there was no mind left to torment for his pleasure.<br>
For Presto....it was losing Varla.....for Diana....it was losing Kosar.....for Eric....it was as a laughing stock from the Cestial Tower nightmare....for Bobby it was reliving all the times Uni and Shelia were in mortal peril...while he could not do anything to help them....for Uni....it was Kelek....for Hank....it was Shelia....trapped alone...begging for his help....<br>
Only one of the kids was still alive....Shelia....the tormentor was saving her for last....she was still grasping Hanks slowly dying body...<br>
Wizard: I know just the thing to hurt you...<br>
Shelia saw her friends captured by Venger-monster...while she looked on helplessly chained unable to move a finger to help them<br>
Before she could stop herself....a scream of Nooooooo strang from her heart to her lips<br>
Wizard: This is a taste of torment...for you.....of course if you were to beg for mercy.....I'll grant it.....so as to be my slave forever......HAHAHAHA<br>
Shelia looked up at him with her teared stained eyes..and ..said...NEVER<br>
Wizard: [Sneered] Earth girl.....so Defiant aren't we?<br>
Shelia: [Snarled] Always you liar...<br>
Wizard: Attached to your one true love eh [Shelia's face turned red as her hair] we'll make that permanent<br>
A bolt of magic turned itself into a chain and wrapped itself around Shelia and Hank. Both Shelia and Hank were moved by magic until they were just over the angry sea waves.<br>
Wizard: Still time to save thy life....eternal slave!<br>
Shelia spat defiance at him<br>
Wizard {smirk} Your choice.....have a good swim HAHAHAHA<br>
Both Shelia and Hank plunged deep into the water<br>
For a few seconds Shelia's animal survival instincts almost over whelmed her....tear yourself from Hanks body...rise to the surface and save thyself<br>
Shelia's heart rejected that notation...first how could she part from her soulmate? Secondly...if she did rise then what? She knew the wizard was only waiting for her to
try that...just to see her freeze or drown or be smashed on rocks...or die of exposure on dry land...she was going to defy him that pleasure... besides she was now aware
that she was strangling...her lungs were filled with water. Her last live thought was: Poor Hank...except for the Temple of Love and the Land of Adventure...I never had
time to open my heart to you....<br>
Sis...Sis....its time....to go up.....Bobbi was gently holding one of her hands...on the other side Hank was holding her other hand. All three of their lifeforces slowly rose from
the unmoving shells of what had been Hank and Shelia. To her amazement Shelia found herself with her friends at the amusement park.....except they were still wearing their
Dungeons and Dragons land outfits...and Uni was by Bobbis side as usual....Shelia was puzzled ...Uni...could not survive alive in their world..so that would mean....she looked
in a mirror but there was no reflection....she jumped in front of a couple but they went right through her...her heart told her: Shelia face the truth...you and your friends
are back home....but your disembodied ghosts/spirts....<br>
Suddendly...Shelia felt peace....no more running into monsters...or dragons...evil spells....or whatnot....then the thought struck her.<br>
Shelia turned to Hank and said: Now we have eternity to be together....my heart...says....I Love you<br>
HanK: And I Love you<br>
Shelia grinned...they both had endless time....to make up for all the personel sacrifies ....they had to endure in the Realm....at least her little brother seemed to understand
that...and wasn't making little boy remarks about how gross girls were...</p>

https://www.fanfiction.net/topic/46754/167301533/1/#167301533

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: