80sCartoons.net Forum Index

The Get-Along Gang on DVD!!!!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: The Get-Along Gang on DVD!!!!!! Reply with quote

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7231

Yes! Check it out! The Get-Along Gang is coming to DVD in a 3 disc complete series set on September 18- with bonus material! Cool!
Smile Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Aurora
High Priestess of the Cartoons

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omigosh! I never thought I'd see it released! There are so many good shows coming out on DVD right now and I'm so excited!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad news to report.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7379

It seems the copyright owner, American Greetings (card company) and S'more Entertainment couldn't "Get-Along"! Sad

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this isn't quite the same as a full series DVD set, but hey- it looks like Mill Creek Entertainment is releasing a 10 episode "Best Of" set for The Get-Along Gang! Very Happy Cool
It will be released on July 19, 2011 at a cost of $9.98
At least this is a start!
And if Mill Creek has the rights to this show, as I'm guessing they must since they're releasing this DVD- perhaps if it sells well enough, they may consider releasing the whole series! Smile
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0052MXIYG?tag=tvshowsondvdcom&link_code=as3&creativeASIN=B0052MXIYG&creative=373489&camp=211189

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just saw on Amazon.com's page for this release that Mill Creek has posted on its Facebook page that they are working to get the whole "Get Along Gang" series on DVD soon (and we're only talking like 3 or 4 extra episodes here...) Hopefully it will work out. The post is dated from the end of July, 2011 though- so I guess Mill Creek's still working on this...

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mill Creek seems to be doing a couple of "Best of the '80s" cartoon-type DVD releases right now- they've got one set with a "Pole Position", "C.O.P.S." and "Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors" mix going (you can read more on that in the "Pole Position" post)- and I just saw that another such DVD set is coming on January 10, 2012 called the "Animal Cartoon Bundle". This will include 30 episodes of Heathcliff, The Littles and The Get-Along Gang!
Maybe finally those missing episodes of The Get-Along Gang will be released on this set. (Not to mention some more of the yet-to-be-released-to-DVD episodes of Heathcliff!)

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

nancyrowina
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I had forgotten about the Get Along Gang until now, I loved that show it used to be on in the mornings in the UK. I can almost remember the theme tune even, will have to get the DVD.

DuckTales
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per wikipedia:

On July 19, 2011 Mill Creek Entertainment released The Best of The Get Along Gang, a 1-disc set featuring 10 of the 13 half-hour episodes (20 of the 26 individual stories). The episodes not included on the set are Nose for News, Camp Get Along, School's Out, The Bullies, That's the Way the Cookie Crumbles and Snowbound Showdown. The remaining episodes were released on 2012 as bonus material of other Mill Creek's DVD releases, Camp Get Along and School's Out are included as a bonus feature on Mill Creek's DVD of Heathcliff: Season One, Volume One released in February 2012, and the other four stories were released in October 2012 as part of a 10-disc DVD compilation titled TV Toons to Go.

No word on a release of the Pilot episode which hasn't been released secondary to rights issues.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update, DuckTales. Nice to see that most all of "The Get-Along Gang" has finally come to DVD, even if its on various releases. Now if only the Pilot episode could get released too......

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just ran across this on Amazon.com - On October 16, 2012, Mill Creek released a DVD set entitled "TV Toons To Go - 100 Cartoon Collection".
From what I've read of the reviews for this item, the missing 3 episodes of "The Get-Along Gang" are included on this DVD release! Yay! Smile

Unfortunately, the pilot is still not on DVD and it seems likely it will not get released to DVD, due to rights issue with music and such. (John Sebastian apparently did some music for the pilot.)

At least the pilot has been released to VHS though. Cool

80sman
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My brother and I loved watching this show every Saturday Morning in the Great 80s.

Mikey
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhh the memories! Those were the good old days.

squidbee
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:50 am    Post subject: Re: The Get-Along Gang on DVD!!!!!! Reply with quote

I would love to own this series on dvd. I still watch the random episode on youtube, but it doesn't compare to owning a legit copy.

Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:05 pm    Post subject: Re: The Get-Along Gang on DVD!!!!!! Reply with quote

squidbee wrote:
I would love to own this series on dvd. I still watch the random episode on youtube, but it doesn't compare to owning a legit copy.

I bought the TV Toons To Go for the episodes of Pole Position, and enjoy seeing the Gang as well. Pain that it is spread across different sets, but these particular sets are really cheap now.

Also, happy to see you back posting! Very Happy

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: