80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Two Cartoon Movies – Need ID Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SntaCruz83
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Two Cartoon Movies – Need ID Help Reply with quote

The first cartoon movie was based on a team of hockey playing mice. All I can recall really is that the goalie mouse was relatively plump and there was a mouse on the team who could skate really fast. In the end, they were playing a high stakes game against a team of rats (I think) and they were assisted by a famous hockey playing mouse that they had made reference to earlier in the movie. Oh, and I think the champion cup was made of cheese.

The second movie I’m thinking of has always sat in the back of my mind as a movie that was probably a dubbed anime but was played several times on TV. The plot revolves around our hero trying to save his sister. (Female figure at the very least) The villain was a sort of witch or sorceress who I believe would turn her enemies into stone. There was a specific scene in the movie where in his search to find his sister he is going through a forest filled with monsters and notices two monsters fighting over a “magical cloak of invisibility.” He comes up with a plan and confronts the two monsters. He tells them to each step 50 feet away and he will hold the cloak in between them, and that when he says “go”, the first monster to get to the cloak gets to keep it. The monsters do as he says, but as they come running for the cloak, he uses it himself and gets away.

Well, thanks in advance for any help you 80’s masters can provide! 

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try,.

Tales of the Mouse Hockey League

http://www.estellesalata.ca/books/talesmouse.html

SntaCruz83
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your skills are ridiculous

SntaCruz83
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone have any luck with that second movie? THanks again!

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds a bit familiar,....
Do you have any more info?

SntaCruz83
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Puppets!!! I don't know exactly what kind of role they played, and I'm desperately hoping that i'm not mixing up my memory... but i beleive in addition to turning people to stone...actually...maybe they didn't turn to stone...rather they turned into puppets (literally...not metaphorically). Gah...sorry for being so ambiguous.

SntaCruz83
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my search for this cartoon i stumbled across a forum where it seems you had answered this before...

http://www.toonarific.com/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t527.html

I really am not sure if this is the one, the Tolby character seems very familiar...but the unicorn doesn't ring a bell at ALL! I guess i'd have to get a hold of it and watch for the scene involving the magic cape... i hope i didn't have my cartoons mixed up in my head.

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe 90% of the time when people are looking for this (unico) movie they don't remember Unico being in it. Apparently he wasn't a very rememberable character.
I can tell you though that there is no invisability cloak in Unico and the Island of Magic OR the Fantastic adventures of Unico. Toby is the older brother to main character Cheri and he does "attempt" to save her at some point. There are people turning into puppets though. Although they look more like block people if you ask me.
Anyway. I'm thinking you might have something mushed together with the Unico movie (there is a 3rd unico movie but it was never dubbed so no worries about that one). The only other invisibility cloak out there that i know of is from Dungeons & Dragons but not a movie Sad

SntaCruz83
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I downloaded the Unico movie and it only took about 20 seconds to realize the animation was definitely not that of the "invisible cloak" scene that i have stored in my memory. I think i'll go ahead and revert back to my original statement of the villain turning people into stone and not puppets.

*Edit* Oh yes, before i forget... most of the cartoons I watched when i was younger would have been found on Nickelodeon or Disney... I'm not sure if that helps.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old Post:
..." he is going through a forest filled with monsters and notices two monsters fighting over a “magical cloak of invisibility.” He comes up with a plan and confronts the two monsters. He tells them to each step 50 feet away and he will hold the cloak in between them, and that when he says “go”, the first monster to get to the cloak gets to keep it. The monsters do as he says, but as they come running for the cloak, he uses it himself and gets away."

This trick occurs in a version of
The Twelve Dancing Princesses

Possibly
Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics
The Worn-Out Dancing Shoes

-

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: