80sCartoons.net Forum Index

New transformers cartoon. *sigh*

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schuyler
Gnarly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: New transformers cartoon. *sigh* Reply with quote

Why must they keep turning the cartoons I love as a kid into crap.

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=17709

Read and look at the design *sighs heavily*

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I heard about this. I don't think it looks too bad. I can't imagine anything will ever compare to the original Transformers cartoon of 1984-1987, but hopefully this new series will be good. The animation isn't exactly my cup of tea as far as style goes- but good storylines can help make up for that.
At least give the first episode a try.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now we'll have new versions of 3 1980s classics on the air-
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, G.I. Joe and Transformers!!!

(And of course, there's been new productions for Strawberry Shortcake, Care Bears and My Little Pony floating around on VHS and DVD for the last few years...)

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw it on tv the other day! Yay!

It wasn't to bad. Had very Teen Titian type of style to it. I like it Smile Not sure how fitting it was for transformers as i've always found them to be well...not that..."cartoon-y". I just like the animation.

Ep was about how Bumblebee was being made fun of for being small so he decides to take-part in a wrestling match to prove it to himself that he is still powerful. Naturally, he get in over his head and the others come to help save the day. Bumbleebee ends up taking a shot for one of the other bots who was picking on him (spoilers btw) and in the end he is no longer picked on by the other bots. Wow, one of those moral shows.

I've...never seen the original transformers but it never struck me as one of those moral shows with the "don't be a bully" and "have faith in yourself" type of shows. I really hope that the ep i watched was just a random ep and had nothing to do with the rest of the story because if all the show is is one of those people learning a lesson shows then totally did not transfer the transformer legacy well.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool. I've always loved Bumblebee on the Transformers! Smile
Okay- so, up to this point, you've just recently finally watched the ThunderCats and now you're saying you're never seen the original Transformers cartoon? Whaaat? Shocked
Ha Laughing - just kidding, of course- but you need to check out the 1984 original cartoon! Very much a classic- and believe me, there were some pretty deep stories in there- at least for Transformers: The Movie anyway (1986 cartoon version).
The original cartoon always had plenty of action- and there usually is a good moral to take from the episode. But that's what most all of the great 1980s cartoons were like- and they still rule!
You got a fun action/adventure cartoon with a good dose of humor and even some drama and perhaps a bit of romance all mixed in with a good lesson to take from at it the end of the day (and of course, a sell for the accompanying toy line... Laughing )- ThunderCats, SilverHawks, TigerSharks, Bravestarr, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Inspector Gadget, Mr. T, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Kidd Video, Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin, Adventures of the Galaxy Rangers, Chip 'N' Dale: Rescue Rangers, Adventures of the Gummi Bears, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies and lots more I'm sure- pretty much all had such elements in the show somewhere- probably some more blatant than others. And it's all good. It was really great to see that in programming, especially in cartoons- since they're all generally aimed at children.

teddy0bear
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot, megatron came back in todays ep!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Transformers All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: