80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Silverhawks

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Schuyler
Gnarly

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Silverhawks Reply with quote

Anyone know who owns the right to Silverhawks? I really want them to release it on dvd >.<. Its one of the last action cartoons not on dvd yet.

overload
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same guys that made the Thundercats, and the Tigersharks.
Lorimar television, and Rankin Bass productions. and since Thundercats has been released on DVD, i would suspect they are working on releasing Silverhawks also.

Toytainment Blog
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, there's still quite a few action cartoons yet to make it to DVD- I would love to see SilverHawks come to DVD! I'd also love to see The Comic Strip (TigerSharks, Karate Kat, Street Frogs and The Mini-Monsters) come to DVD. Then there's The Karate Kid, Chuck Norris' Karate Kommandos, Mr. T, Turbo Teen, Lazer Tag Academy, Kidd Video, Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors (in a full season set), the rest of C.O.P.S., Spider-Man (1980s cartoon), Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends, The Incredible Hulk, Superman (1988 cartoon), the rest of Superfriends, Centurions, Gobots, Sectaurs, Back to the Future, Captain Planet, Bucky O'Hare....and lots others (okay- not all those are necessarily action cartoons- and not all are from the 1980s- but I would like to see them all released on DVD at some point- and I know there's still tons of others I could list...)

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Schuyler
Gnarly

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is alot of action cartoons, you know but some of them are just lost forever >.<, and I don't think they will ever see them on dvd.

overload
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd also like a lot of that stuff to come out on DVD sets.

M.A.S.K. being one of my favorite cartoons as a kid, is the one I'm most expectant about, and the one that doesn't seem to be wanting to get released.

I'm also waiting for the later Superfriends Series, like Super Powers Show and Galactic Guardians seasons to get released.

Centurions would also be great if they were released.

I'd also kill for the 1960's Fantastic Four series. Which Marvel doesn't seem to want to release. Along with the 1960's Avengers series. The one that featured short Adventures of Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Namor the Submariner and the Hulk. They were mostly stills with very little animation in between. but the stills were taken almost straight from the comic books. As were the stories.

Toytainment Blog
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah! Can't say much for the animation of the Marvel 60s superhero shows- but the artwork is fantastic because it's just like watching someone flip through the pages of Jack Kirby's masterpieces! Laughing
Captain America, Thor, Namor the Sub-Mariner, The Incredible Hulk, and Iron Man- I believe all of those were part of one show.

And then there's the classic 60s Spider-Man cartoon, which has been released on DVD. And the 1994 Fantastic Four cartoon's been released. Where's the 1970s and 1960s cartoons?
(Personally- I love the 60s version of The Fantastic Four- I enjoy the 70s series okay- but the 60s one still has Johnny Storm as The Human Torch!!! Somehow, H.E.R.B.I.E. is just not as cool! Confused )

You'd think with Spider-Man 3 and The Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer coming out this summer, someone at Marvel's marketing department would think to start pushing the related cartoon (and live action!) series while the character's hot!

overload
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

totally Agreed.

Jack Kirby's incredible drawings with Stan Lees stories. throw in some very limited animation, and you got a moving comic book, what more can you want. It was the best series ever.

The 60's FF was way superior to the 70's FF. the dingy h.e.r.b.i.e robot just did not do it for me, i wanted to see the Torch light that big flaming 4 in the sky. Children's Safety Advisory, thought Human Torch would be to suggestive to kids, and get them to light themselves on fire. Or was it they were in pre-production for a Torch movie that never got made, and could not use the torch for that very short lived series. Either way, it was really poor compared to the 60's show.

The 60's FF had the best adventures. Its one of the few times the Skrull Empire had been animated and portrayed closely to their comic book counterparts. The 1990's cartoon wasn't really that good, Doom was to ridiculous in that one.

But the bad guys in the 1960's were very cool. Mole Man, The Skrulls, Diablo, Blastarr, even Galactus made it along with Silver Surfer.

I still remember the Intro, with Galactus bursting out of the energy casing. so cool.

Just for kicks I'd like the 1980's Fred and Barney Meet the Thing show to get released. Just for the Thing segments, with Benjy Grimm, and the Thing Rings. "Thing Rings do your thing!!".

alas Marvel seems to be limiting their DVD releases of older stuff.

Toytainment Blog
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a little nostalgia treat, courtesty of your friendly neighborhood Youtube! Smile

The Fantastic Four (1960s)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPgKuN1iG8A

And for the faithful members of the Merry Marvel Marching Society:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V67P40Jzg30

or I think I like this one better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_WcfbaY8o4&mode=related&search=

The Mighty Thor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1gxNLMrD4c&mode=related&search=

Sub-Mariner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRWeaHkxXwE

The Incredible Hulk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3D5RlK9rZyg&mode=related&search=

Captain America (pretty much my all time favorite!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0VPhI0r73o

Spider-Man (1960s)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o29VoxtsFk

overload
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the intro's Mac. Awesome to remember the Intro themes to Thor and Cap. I had all but forgotten about the intro to Submariner.

And here's one you missed. "Tony Stark Makes you feel his a Cool Exec with a heart of Steel."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aQvQjae3O0

In any case, come on Marvel release these already.

Also Spider-Woman (I believe she was late 70's to early 80's) , should be released on DVD.

Toytainment Blog
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah- can't forget Iron Man! (Look for the movie next year! Laughing )

Spider-Woman was a 1979 cartoon- and it was a lot of fun too! Spider-Man actually guest starred in 2 different episodes.

There's a few clips from Spider-Woman floating around Youtube too.

And check out this news!!!
Jumping from Marvel to DC- here's some famous 1960s and 70s cartoons finally coming to DVD!
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7030

The New Adventures of Batman!!! (on June 26- with Adam West and Burt Ward as the voices of Batman and Robin- this is the 1977 show that also featured Batmite!)

AND
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=7029
Filmation's The New Adventures of Superman!!! (from 1966)

Featuring Bud Collyer as Clark Kent/Superman!!!
(Who was also the voice of the 1940s Superman radio show and the Fleischer cartoons from the 40s.)
Very Happy Cool

Awesome!!!

overload
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah i can't wait for the Iron-Man movie. I bought the New Invincible Iron-Man Animated Movie, to keep me busy until Iron-Man hits theaters.

And thanks for the head's up on the Batman and Superman releases. I really wasn't a great fan of Batmite. The Superman cartoon was pretty good.

Toytainment Blog
NIGHTWALKER193
Gnarly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:54 pm    Post subject: Silverhawks and other shows Reply with quote

You can try www.ioffer.com, www.cartoonsaloon.com, and Toon Source, which you can get to by looking up the show on www.toonarific.com and clicking the Purchase Online button at the bottom of the page, then you'll get the links page for Toon Source.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: