80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Forum Update - Jan 20-21, 2007

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Web Site News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurora
High Priestess of the Cartoons

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:01 pm    Post subject: Forum Update - Jan 20-21, 2007 Reply with quote

I have decided on appropriate mods and updates for the forum. I will be installing these during the weekend of January 20-21. The forum may be unavailable during these times. If you experience issues with the forum AFTER the 21st, please let us know!

Current status: 10 PM EST. Database and files are backed up. Upgrades are being uploaded to another folder to allow for maximum forum up-time. I anticipate downtime late tonight/early this morning for the actual forum upgrade, followed by brief periods of downtime for modding.

Aurora

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Current status: Forum upgraded. Working on getting the old style back up and running. Please report issues in the technical problems section of the forum.

Aurora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: Style updated. Will be installing a new mod affecting registration in the morning.

If you can't post in the forum to report issues, please report issues to the email on the site's contact page. Thanks!

Aurora

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A new anti-spam mod has been installed and is being tested. Alone, it will not stop all spambots. It is part of a combination of mods that, together, should stop 90% or more of the spam.

Aurora

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, what is hopefully the last anti-spam mod has been put into place. Please contact me if you experience any problems.

You may notice that you cannot enter profile information. Entering profile information is disabled upon registration and until you have 5 posts. For the website field, it is disabled for you until you have 10 posts. Sorry about the inconvenience, but I had to delete more than half of our users because they were link-spammers. This should deter the majority of them.

If you have trouble updating your profile or doing anything else around here, let me know!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Web Site News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: