80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Candies from the 80's

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dan_sedulous
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Candies from the 80's Reply with quote

I was doing some last minute holiday shopping on Amazon.Com, and came across "80's Decade Box Gift Basket - Classic 80's Candy"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001VSA3C/ref=pd_kar_gw_2/104-0725886-6828733

I thought it was a cool idea so thought I'd share it. I got a stomach ache just reading it. Never heard of Wink Soda though.

Product Description
80's Decade Box contains: Nik-L-Nip Wax Bottles, Pixy Stix, Bit-o-Honey, Laffy Taffy - Watermelon, Jawbusters, Lemonheads, Rainbow Coconut Bar, Flicks, Tart 'n Tinys, Lotsa Fizz, Atomic Fire Balls, Jolly Joes, Tom's Peanut Butter Logs, Fizz Wiz - Blue Raspberry, Wonka Bottlecaps, Wax Fangs, Lifesaver Pops - Swirl, Bubble Gum Cigarettes, Smoothie Peanut Butter Cup, Zours, Wink Soda, Goetze's Cow Tail, Candy Stix Cigarettes, Giant Sweetarts, Zero Bar, Charleston Chew Chocolate, Now & Later - Grape, Candy Necklace, Now & Later Cherry, Bubblicious Paradise, Freshen-Up Bubble Gum, Jungle Jollies, Good 'n Plenty, Saf-T-Pops Swirl, Tiny Chiclets.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds pretty cool- I think I might have thrown in a pretty infamous 1980s candy though- Pop Rocks!!! Very Happy

(We all know the REAL reason they got a new Mikey for Life cereal! Wink )

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
KtownGrenadier
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know were you live but Wink is sold here in Canada. I think it is a Coke product???? It is very good kind of a cross between fresca mountain dew and 7 up. It is an excelent mix with GIN but don't drink too much. The last and only time I did that I got soooo drunk I literally went blind. I was sick for a week. I still drink the wink but have never touched Gin again. Send me an email with your address and I will mail you a bottle if you want, or if I can.

dan_sedulous
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gin you say? Laughing Blind drunk you say? All good! Just gives me a reason to visit Canada soon!

Bilbo
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonka used to make this really hot cinnaman jaw breaker candy. They dissappeared from the market in the mid 80s. Maybe the FDA pulled them because the things were too hot.

I can't remember the name but they were like habenero hot. The 1st layer was cinnamon. 2nd was cool peppermint. Then, it turned cinnamon. The peppermint again. It would go on and on w/ several layers. The very core was a weird mix of flavors.

Whatever they were called, it was good candy.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if this was around in the 1980s, but being a big fan of gummy bears (and Gummi Bears, for that matter Wink )
one of my favorite brands was "Amazing Fruit"- but sadly, they quit making it sometime in the late '90s or early 2000s. I still miss that candy.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
dan_sedulous
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone remember the candy Rascals? Can't remember how they tasted, but those tv ads imprinted in my head.

http://www.retrojunk.com/details_commercial/5688/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: