80sCartoons.net Forum Index

80's movies/ tv shows remakes & sequels
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!!! Apparently, a Magnum, P.I. movie is coming!!! Cool!
Very Happy Cool
http://cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=50529
Unfortunately, Universal probably won't hire Tom Selleck as Thomas Magnum and it'll probably be another stupid parody like "Starsky & Hutch" or "The Dukes of Hazzard".

I hope not though! By the way, "Miami Vice" releases in theaters July 28!!! Not with the original actors, but at least the show creator, Michael Mann, is directing! So this will definitely be a serious movie and not a parody! Very Happy

And maybe if that movie does well, it'll give Universal a clue about how to handle the Magnum, P.I. movie. Hopefully the success of the Knight Rider movie would be another impetus. And hopefully, eventually good movie versions (with as much original cast as possible) of The Greatest American Hero, The A-Team and MacGyver will finally come to fruition!
Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:11 pm    Post subject: The Equalizer Busy Equalizing...on the Big Screen!!! Reply with quote

Well, here's another 1980s TV show to make it to the theatrical version. Anyone remember Ed Woodward's "The Equalizer"? Well, looks it's coming to theaters soon! Cool
http://cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=50554

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard some awesome news on the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie!!! If you happen to go see "The Ant Bully" in theaters- you can look for the TMNT teaser trailer to air with it! Very Happy Cool
http://www.superherohype.com/news.php?id=4504

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I know this is really reviving an old classic thread here- but since I just heard yet another story of an '80s TV show coming to the movies, I thought I'd dig this one up again.
So first for the news- get this.
T.J. Hooker is to be made into a movie!
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118005660.html?categoryid=13&cs=1
Wow! Seriously doubt we'll see William Shatner in the lead role or anything- but maybe he, Adrian Zmed and Heather Locklear will have the standard "older relative" type cameos or whatever.

Hmm- in reviewing some of the movies mentioned previously in this thread, it's interesting to see the ones that materialized and ones that we're still waiting on.
I mean- we got Rambo IV ("Rambo") Rocky VI ("Rocky Balboa"), Die Hard 4 ("Live Free or Die Hard"), Indiana Jones 4 ("Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull") Terminator 4 ("Terminator: Salvation") - so we've gotten most of the sequels people have been wanting (or not wanting.) (Of course, now I'm wanting Indiana Jones 5! And yes- there has already been talks of this happening soon! Cool )

As far as '80s TV shows go though- well, we got the "Miami Vice" movie. We got a revival "Knight Rider" TV show, though not an actual movie version starring David Hasselhoff. Who knows if that will ever actually happen? "The A-Team" movie is still supposed to be moving along for next year release, I believe. Haven't heard much further on "Magnum, P.I." and "The Equalizer" in quite a while.
But there have been recent rumors on a "MacGyver" movie!!! So maybe this will finally happen- as long as Richard Dean Anderson is there as MacGyver in a serious movie! I will be happy to see that. If it's anything else, ....well, I'll watch it because it's "MacGyver"- but probably not like it.

All right- just thought I'd pass that little bit of info along. Whether in reruns or badly made movie versions, long live the '80s! lol
Very Happy Laughing

megan8788
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the movies and tv show remakes that i have watched and loved are:
Jurrasic Park
Die Hard
Evil Dead

tv shows:
Star Wars
Star Trek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: