80sCartoons.net Forum Index

2 movies and a tv show...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hitmark
Gnarly

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: 2 movies and a tv show... Reply with quote

i have two movies thats messing with my head...

one is about a kid flying his attic room as if it was a space ship, using his desk lamp as a control of some sort...

the other is about aliens or something hiding under sand, controling people via some long needle inserted into the persons neck...

the tv show is about a person riding a motor bike in the future.

he is wearing some kind of suit, that from a later episode i learn could have some sort of neural interface (he gets trapped inside the suit after a malfunction or something and is walking around inside a dream world).

he had some sort of aiming device that would slide down over the front of the helmet, allso able to shoot some sort of laser. his main weapon was a club, similar to the one cops use, that could allso work as a firearm.

the bike was packing some sort of minigun/chaingun or something like that. the show may well be early 90's for all i know...

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not positive on the two movies, but the TV show you're talking about is indeed from the early 1990s and one I used to watch quite a bit.
It's called "Super Force" and it was quite cool. It was something of a superhero show, with the main character obtaining a supersuit of sorts that he wore and rode on his motorcycle, fighting crime. He also had a black dude that worked with him and was kinda the technician of the group, keeping the bike and suit working well.
It was set in the future too.
"It's the year 2020 and the world has changed."

(After 15 years or so, I still remember that opening line in the theme song!)

There has been a video release of the pilot, by the way, if you're interested in reliving some memories.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6302888271/qid%3D1133623566/sr%3D11-1/ref%3Dsr%5F11%5F1/103-0475561-7610221

Here's an episode guide listing.
http://epguides.com/SuperForce/

And a few more pictures from the series.
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/amasoni2002/shl/originals/super_force_(1990).htm

Great show!
Very Happy

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
hitmark
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of all the places i have asked about the series, this is the place that produce a result Smile

thanks Very Happy

for some reason i have allways had a interest in cyberpunkish stuff, and this is right up there Razz

as for the movies, they may well be some obscure ones, or maybe even a mini series of sort.

im guessing that i was channel jumping on a sat box as a kid and just watched some short parts of them. basicly its just single scenes i can produce in my mind, like the attic room lifting away from the house and him flying the thing down a mine or cave, in the end the warship following him would become stuck in a narrow opening going into a larger cave.

for the other one i have even less refrence material in my brain...

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that first movie you described may be Disney's "Flight of the Navigator". I've never seen it myself, so I can't say for sure. You can check this thread for more info on that.
http://80scartoons.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=381

Other possibilities that it might be (at least other 80s movies dealing with space) I would guess maybe "Space Camp" or "The Last Starfighter".

hitmark
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"flight of the navigator" its not, i have seen that movie not to long ago, and while the theme seems familiar, its not the same movie...

i dont think its the other two either, atleast not from the info on imdb...

hitmark
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i finally managed to track down what i thought was a movie.

it was actually a danish childrens tv series of all things. Made in 1984, called crash.

seems the whole series is up for streaming here:
http://www.dr.dk/bonanza/search.htm?needle=crash

boy finds out his attic bedroom is a space ship and all that stuff. Gotta "love" having a visual focused memory of event...

and after having a chat with a german guy online, it seems the other movie may have been a horror movie of some sort that i now have forgotten the name of but feel no further need to dig up (not really my thing those horrors).

sorry for bumping an old thread, but felt i should close it of now that i finally found what i was looking for Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Glad you finally tracked it down. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: