80sCartoons.net Forum Index

New He-man?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really? A new live action He-Man movie? I do seem to recall talks about that a while back..... that will be interesting to see. Though I don't know if anything can ever live up to the 1987 classic, "Masters of the Universe" with Dolph Lundgren and Frank Langella. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Single carded Horde Trooper is up on ShopMattel! GO GO GO! Quick before it sells out!

http://shop.mattel.com/shop/en-us/ms/masters-of-universe-toys/masters-of-universe-horder-trooper-dkc03

They also have several other MOTU items from the last couple years up for sale, plus they do have the Thundercats up too.

In addition free shipping on orders over $39 plus this week only free shipping on all Masters of the Universe items!

"I HAVE THE POWER!!.... the power is mine, not yours. Thanks for asking."
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A reminder the Classics and Filmation figures from Super & go up for preorder tomorrow.

Pre-orders will be open Friday, May 5th at 12noon PST, only at Super7Store.com, and remain available until June 2nd. Each assortment is offered as a set of four figures, with the option to add additional figures individually. Each set of four figures is offered at $139.99, and each individual figure added at $34.99.

A payment plan option will be available to split payment into three monthly installments.

Figures are expected to ship October 2017.

I'll remind you again that while the price of the actual figures is significantly higher, shipping is MUCH MUCH lower from Super 7 so you actually end up paying less in the end. What bothers me more is the long wait for them to ship. At this rate we won't be getting the second waves in hand till next year!

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd advise waiting a little while before ordering the new figures as things aren't quite right yet.

1. the payment plan option isn't up yet. I read somewhere that it should be up by next week.

2. people were reporting shipping being too high Super7 responded:

Quote:
We are seeing the shipping costs coming in higher than we expected as well, and working to get it to a better place. Our rates are pulled automatically from the USPS site, whose rates have gone up since the Ultimates Pre-Order awhile back, so we are discussing now with some logistics partners to see how low we can get, and will pass the savings on to you. It will take a couple days to get it all sorted out, and we will keep everyone posted with developments - and of course offer partial refunds to those who already ordered once its all settled.

Thank you for the enthusiasm and patience!
Super7

I started to order and found my shipping came out to about $5 a figure for 2-3 day priority shipping which less than half of what Matty was charging for 8-10 day standard shipping but still if it goes lower all the better. I stopped short of completing the order because I wanted the payment plan option. I'll go back later when things are all set up.

Also in case I didn't mention it. Super7 accepts Paypal including Paypal credit, so there's that.

MQuack
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any updates on Snake Mountain, Lord?

https://www.youtube.com/user/quack34
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MQuack wrote:
Any updates on Snake Mountain, Lord?

No they haven't said anything new since we were told it was being sent to the factory for pricing. On the other hand they haven't mentioned being constantly asked about it either (unlike how people keep asking if/when they will continue Thundercats) I expect we'll hear something (even if it's "we'll let you know later" at SDCC) Given the delays and troubles they've been experiencing getting the figures up and running (for which the blame falls entirely on Mattel not Super 7) it may have been put on the back burner or a while.

on the figures: Payment plan and better shipping options are now up.

it seems the shipping rates were being thrown off by "dimensional weight" calculations. I don't fully understand it but basically the calculator was throwing things into a higher weight category based on estimated box size or something like that. The basic solution they came up with it seems involves offering a standard shipping option where before they only had priority shipping. It may take longer to arrive once shipped but the price is almost 75% cheaper. (I had it come up only $16 total for both sets plus two extras -that's 10 figures)

Some people ordering huge amounts (like 2-3 sets+) have reported after a certain amount it automatically bumps you up to priority shipping without the option to go standard. If that happens they say just split the order (eg Classics in one Filmation the other) and save.

Now for the payment plan here's what you need to do:

Once you have your final selections added to cart, use the discount code “PAYMENTPLAN” at checkout. This code will reduce the cost of your MOTU Classics figures to 33% of their total cost. Please note - any applicable sales tax and shipping fees will be processed in full at the time the order is placed.

The “PAYMENTPLAN” discount code splits the cost of the MOTU Classics figures into three installments. The first installment is paid at the time of order. The second two installments will be invoiced directly via PayPal, using the email address provided in the order. (one on June 30 the next on July 31) Customers may pay this invoice using a PayPal account, or via credit card through PayPal’s secure payment gateway. A PayPal account is not required. All installments must be paid before they'll ship.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quick reminder you only have until Friday to pre-order the new Classics and Filmation figures from Super 7 -and they are made to order so if you want them you have to pre-order. They won't be available later.

Last day to order is June 2 -also opening day for the show I'm performing in.

And just to let you know, I have landed a new job and it's actually paying more than I was making before.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Praise God for the provision of your new job! Very Happy Cool
I hope it goes well for you. Break a leg in your show tomorrow!

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see where to start.

The Ultimates have finally arrived at Super7 and are starting to ship out to customers. I just got my shipping notice so I should have them in hand next week. Don't expect me to post any reviews though. Three reasons:

1. Super 7 had to go back on a previously announced feature and the packaging is NOT resealable. According to Brian Flynn the resealable packages failed one of the safety tests and trying to fix it would have involved restarting the whole testing process delaying them another month or more so they made the decision to go with standard sealing and get them out to the customers. For me though I had always planned to display them in package since I already have the original Classics releases and the nostalgic package it what sold me on getting them. If I'm not going to open them there's little I can do in a review. I could still do a quickie in package review I suppose except for:

2. If you've looked at any of my review threads recently you may have noticed the pictures are either not visible or replaced with a message asking me to upgrade my photobucket account. Yeah Photobucket recently changed their way of doing things and now only allow third party hosting with a paid account. More to the point it's only with their highest tier pay account which costs $400 A YEAR! Yes $400 a year just to be able to share pictures on other sites, which is the only real reason to have a photobucket account in the first place. Yeah, not happening. Enjoy your inevitable fade into oblivion Photobucket. No way am I paying that much and I imagine most of your soon to be former customers feel the same. I'm looking into finding an alternative (Imgur appears to be an option) we'll see. In the meantime there's still:

3. My schedule- yep still acting. Currently in rehearsals for The Pirates of Penzance. Just a small part, I'm one of the policemen. Normally I wouldn't take a bit part like this, but I have a nostalgic/sentimental attachment to this particular show. (grew up watching the film version over and over obsessively) At the same time I'm preparing to audition for my next show.

But enough about me

One other thing I want to mention about the Ultimates is that apparently they have bio cards inside the package that continue the Classics storyline... while also soft rebooting it. They tell a tale of how Skeletor was brought back to life, helped the heroes reform Castle Grayskull, then promptly tried to take over again forcing He-Man to call the power to him again and somehow that de-aged him. This was followed by an event where several characters, hero and villain, were also brought back to life.... So yeah basically the status quo of MOTU was restored making it as if all that stuff never happened... except it did happen it's just been undone.

Moving on to SDCC news Super 7 unveiled the lineup for the next waves of both Classics Collector's Choice and Club Grayskull. They had early early prototypes on display for 3 from each line with the forth of each line announced but nothing to show yet. While these are technically the second half of 2017, it was said Pre-orders won't be for some time so we most likely won't get them in hand until early 2018. Still the lineups are quite good and largely unexpected.

for Collector's Choice Classics we get:

DYLAMUG: This strange robotic Evil Horde member looks like he came right out of the Cartoon. In fact apparently he was originally going to be part of the Filmation line but they moved him over to Classics as he has never had a figure before. This is a character who was added to the show based on concept art that never made it to figure form. Dylamug was initially called Dial-A-Face the idea being that his Armin Zola like chest face was made up of three segments that turned with a dial creating several different faces. Brian said they are planning to add more details to the figure to make him more Classics style, but it's likely he won't have the feature and stay cartoon design in that regard.

KARG: Just in time for the live action film's 30th anniversary comes the guy we thought we'd never get! His design is right out of the movie, although his paint coloring is based on his appearance in the MOTU magazine comic. Super 7 does not yet have the full rights to the movie likenesses, however Karg did appear in some comic stories though their he had a different look with green skin instead of grey and blue instead of black armor. Because of this Mattel seemed unsure if they could have done him before without permission from Karg's creator and he refused to give it apparently due to some bad blood. But he seems to have no beef with Super 7 and they're making the move and putting the figure out.

THE HORDE MUMMY (WRAP TRAP): Another guy we weren't expecting to ever get due to the unclear nature of ownership permission. Another guy who never made it past concept art, the Horsemen have designed weapons for him with a sort of Egyptian theme, though also working in a Horde crossbow too. The lineup card in the display simply says Horde Mummy, but in interviews they said the name they're going with for him is Wrap Trap. We'll see what shows up on the package.

The fourth figure had no prototype ready for display but has been announced as GRANITA the female rock warrior.

For the Filmation line we have:

SORCERESS: Looking absolutely gorgeous, the prototype was posed in her classic wings/cloak spread pose and while there were thankfully no wing drums, there was also no articulation yet in the wings/cape. Brain said the final figure will be able to fold them down but they're still working out how. Hopefully both the Horsemen and Super 7 are aware the main reason fans want a 2.0 Sorceress is to get one with a proper feather cloak and no sculpt breakup like the previous Classics version.

TUNG LASHOR:
another highly demanded one has he looks completely different than his toy version to the point he could pass as another character entirely. He was shown with only one head with tongue out so not sure how or if that will be handled (obviously if we get only one head tongue must be extended) He will even come with his rocket pack seen in the show.

MER-MAN: another top demanded pick he perfectly captures the cartoon look. Really the only surprise here is that we get so many top fan wants all at the same time.

again the fourth was not shown but was revealed to be MAN-E-FACES We should hopefully see him and further along versions of everyone at Power-Con.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool! Thanks for the updates, both on He-Man and on your acting career. "The Pirates of Penzance" is a classic- even for a bit role, I can understand wanting to do a show like that. So yeah- trust you continue to get good roles in productions you like. Smile Cool

MQuack
Tubular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the write up LS! No mention of Snake Mountain at all? Maybe we'll hear something at Power-Con?

https://www.youtube.com/user/quack34
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MQuack wrote:
Thanks for the write up LS! No mention of Snake Mountain at all? Maybe we'll hear something at Power-Con?

Brian said in an interview with Pixel Dan that they are still working on it,
Basically Dan asked him about the possibility for large scale beasts and vehicles, Brian hesitated then said that first of all they were still working on Snake Mountain (Dan: "That was going to be my next question.") he went on saying something about undercuts and tooling that I didn't quite understand but bottom line it's proving very difficult but they are working on it.

as for large beasts and vehicles it will be a while. Brian explained that making a vehicle costs about the same as making 4 to 5 figures and then they don't sell as much so while he would like to do them, right now they're concentrating on getting the figures fully up and running. Of course they could potentially give us Stridor in the meantime since it's the exact same mold as Night Stalker just painted different.

In other news they're also moving along with the vintage style 5.5 inch figures. They showed further along versions of the Filmation He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak and She-Ra (whose skirt looks much better now) There's been some delays such as they're not going to be able to use the Eldor prototype so they have to make him from scratch, but it is progressing.

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Power-con was this weekend. Not really much to say as there weren't too many new announcements or reveals, but there's a bit of news.

The first waves are on schedule to be shipped by November.

Preorders for the next waves will begin and run through October.

Stridor is coming but no exact details about when or how.

They did speak of Snake Mountain, emphasizing heavily how impossible it is to execute, but so awesome that they keep working on it. That they have the one ***** shown before, but they have to re-engineer it to make it work practically. It starts with the area at the top that the figures would come through, and that dictates how big (at least) everything below it must be. Brian Flynn expects just the engineering to take months more, and then longer after that for other aspects. He's not even thinking about the bluetooth and other electronics, and there may not be any. That the packaging for each individual SM would be so big that if they can make it then they're seriously thinking of drop-shipping each SM directly to the customer, rather than shipping them all to S7, and then forwarding them to people. And that customers should be prepared for a big price tag.

bios for the Power-Con exclusives were shown. Not going to go into detail here but wanted to point out that they mention some of the other unreleased figures like the snake horde troopers and also drop the name Slamurai who we're assuming is the white painted Ninjor character. Maybe this is a hint at next year's lineup?

No clues for the next waves but we did see further along production samples of Wave 2. (several people on he-man.org are complaining that Teela got messed up again, but I don't see it. Sure the prototype looks better but they always do. She looks fine to me and certainly nowhere near the disaster that the Point Dread Teela was)

Granita and Filmation Man-E-Faces were shown. Granita will have the removable rock armor just like Rokkon and Stonedar. She has a new torso sculpt too so she will be able to bend over and transform like them. Filmation Man-E-Faces looks pretty much like you'd expect him to. Nothing really stands out about him yet -but he was only shown with his human face. No word on his other looks or any possible bonus faces yet. (I'm hoping he includes a Beast Man face like in the cartoon)

the vintage style figures are coming along too. He-Ro and Eldor have prototypes on display. Still no word on a release date or pricing though.

Hopefully it won't be too bad price wise because I just got hit with a big expense: hearing aids. Yeah my family's been urging me to get my ears checked for quite a while now, finally did and turns out I do have moderate hearing loss. So got hearing aids now, gonna take some real getting used to. Frankly, I think they need some adjusting in the speech recognition vs background noise area.

Still hopefully they'll help me in my theatre stuff. (gotta be able to hear the director out in the house when I'm up on stage) Just started my next rehearsals. We're doing Fools by Neil Simon. (yep this is my second Neil Simon play this year!) It's a smaller part in terms of on stage time, but a major part in terms of plot since he's the main villain of the story. Plus this show is at the theatre that's right near my house (like 2-5 minutes depending on traffic)

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update as always, LS. We appreciate keeping folks aware of the He-Man happenings here. Sorry to hear about having to get hearing aids, but better to get the issue addressed now rather than let it go and get worse.
I trust and pray you'll transition to them well and smash it out of the park in your new stage role! Two Neil Simon plays for the year? Awesome! What a great opportunity to bring to life the works of one of the great playwrights of our times. Very Happy Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
Page 12 of 12

Jump to: