80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Dungeons and Dragons 1983-1985 ....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nomann
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject: Dungeons and Dragons 1983-1985 .... Reply with quote

When it first came out..I watched a few of the episodes...unforunately The TV schedule {CBS} keep jerking it on and off the air ...even preempted it for "Punky Brewster" {Yuch...too cute for me to watch..even the Smurfs were better than that!}...several years later FOX Cartoons reran the episodes but only for the summer...

Although the storylines could be convetional...and even barrowed a theme {i.e. villain tries to remake earth past history so kids don't exist..{Star Trek spinoff} and one was quite close to Star Wars Ewocks ...the stories wernt too bad.

Thanks to YouTube finally watched all 27 episodes...7 {The dragons graveyard; Day of the Dungeonmaster; Dungeon at the Heart of dawn; PRESTO Spells Disaster; Quest of the Skelaton Warrior; The box; The Girl who dreamed tomorrow}were excellent; 19 were fair to good ...and 1 {Winds of Darkness} poor. In regard to the 28th and unmade last episode {Eric is not only a leader of dissident kids but makes the decision that redeems Venger; the cliffhanger was if the kids go home or stay}...

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Cool

Somehow in politicly correct times--this cartoon would never get off the drawing board!

The "winds of Darkness" concept was too not bad-Hank being taken prisoner by an evil being and Eric taking charge....still you get the feeling that this episode has a "hurried" feeling to it.....on the other hand it could make sense as a prequel to "Requeriam" in which the kids split up-Hank: Shelia and Dinah vs Eric; Presto and Bobby each try to make their separate ways home...and at the end its Eric the complainer; the comic relief who actually frees the "good" Venger....with a unresolved cliffhanger of kids either going home or remaining to fight evil... I read the script...for me the actual last episode is "Cave of the fairy dragons" in which Eric destroys the magic mirror to save the dragons...and Dungeonmaster remarks at the end of how home is a reflection of the heart...which eric and the kids are beginning to understand....
5 times the kids see a portal to their world and twice they actually go through it!

Venger appears as the main villain in 20 of the 27 episodes

Hanks episodes "The Dragons Graveyard" & "The Traitor"
Eric episodes: "Beauty and the Bogbeast"; The Garden of zinn:"Day of the Dungeonmaster"l Odessey of the Twelfth Talisman"
Dinah episode "Child of the stargazer'"
Presto episodes" PRESTO spells Disaster" "The last Illusion""Cave of the Fairy dragons"
Shelia episode"Citadel of Shadow"
Bobby" episodes " servant of evil""The Girl who dreemed tomorrow"
Uni "Valley of the Unicorns"
an estimate of the kids ages birthdates
http://www.dungeonsdragonscartoon.com/2009/07/jimmy-whittaker.html

In regard to the series finale..I would have preferred a real cliffhanger a little similar to Requeriam...except that just at the end there is a cliffhanger of the return of Venger's evil master of the unspoken name...and the kids are faced with a dilemea ...help Dungeonmaster and Venger against the nameless evil one or go home....

In a flight of Fancy I wrote a short story script of the Kids vs The Duke of darkness...all based on a remark in "The Dragons Graveyard" episode...even put it online ...but the forum I put it on desnt work anymore... Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sic Transit my Story........................

The Adventure of the Duke of Darkness
Act 1
Scene of the Kids in a town market-townsfolk run in panic
Scene of the kids running in a desert/volcano landscape.
Eric: We just escaped Vengers Pit of eternal doom and despair. Presto use that hat of yours to transport us out of those orcs reach...hurry!
Presto: Zap...zin...zo...hat...transport us out here.
An eleavator appears. Kids get inside
Eric: Nice going Presto...no buttons...
Presto: Zin...zap...zing...make this eleavator disappear...
Eleavator disappears
Eleavator appears..Kids tumble out. Scereny is gray...black
Dinah: What kind of place is this...? Isnt doesn't look normal even for the Realm!
Dungeonmaster appears in their mist.
Dungeonmaster: Acrobat..you and your friends are in very grave danger...for this is the dominion of the Duke of Darkness...yet remember this advice....silver light can balance darkness
Eric: Dungeonmaster... light balance darkness...is that a circus?...Oh great he's gone again
Scene 2: Kids in same marketplace. Shelia approachs a young child
Shelia: Hello...can you tell us what...?
Townsfolk look at kids. Shouts of anger and rage....GET THEM...BEFORE THEY ESCAPE
HanK: WE don't want to hurt you...
Eric: BUT THEY WANT TO HURT US...RUN
Scene 3: KIds in forrest...tired and exhausted
Presto: I don't get it why'd they hate us so much?
Hank: If we knew why...it could be of help...Shelia...you have to act as a spy in the town
Shelia turns invisible
Scene 4 Kids in forest..Sound of running footsteps. Shelia appears holding scroll,,and looking quite frightened
Shelia: WE MUST...ALL READ ...THIS
Kids crowd around Scroll
Hank reads: WANTED DEAD...OR DEAD THE FOLLOWING CRIMINALS..{stops reading..puzzeled look on Face}
ERIC: Fearless Leader..why you stop...HEY THATS A DESCRIPTION OF US!
Presto: Its insane...we never did those things
Shelia: The sky is turning dark....gray OHHHH LOOOK
A gigantic being formless yet swirling towars over the Kids
KIDS: VENGER!
Voice: YOU Insult Me with comparison to the mercical bungler. I am the Duke of Darkess....and I have just found SEVEN more new servants to do my bidding! Slave collars go forth!
Seven neck collars go forth toward the Kids and Uni
Hank fires arrows at them--which absorb the arrows energy!
The collars go toward Eric who holds them at bay with his shield
Eric: These things are draining magic from the shield..cant hold them off...Presto...do something...anything!
Presto: Collars..thats it...zap zing create dogs for them!
Seven dog statues come out of magic hat...collars attach themselves...there is a blinding flash..the statues have turned alive!
Voice {Mockingly} Thank you Wizard...now I have a pack of hounds to track magic...your reward will be seeing each of your friends become my servaants before you do yourself! Servants against the Pure hearts!
Six evil twins of the Kids appear. Each is armed similar to Kids and has a similar look...but evil .{evil Hank has a crossbow; evil Eric has a round shield vs triangle shield of Eric. Evil Dinah has a quaterstaf and is dressed in silver and black; Evil presto is dressed in blue and black; Evil Shelia is dressed in Brown and black; evil Bobbie has a wooden mallet}. (No equilvant of Uni}
General melee of equiliants begin
Eric vs Eric: There is only room for one of us in this realm
Hank fires arrows in front of evil twins and Bobbi smashes ground with club creating a chasham. Kids flee
Scene 5: Kids in deeper part of forest...exhausted and in shock
Eric: If I had a choice between him and venger...Id choose Venger
BobbI: How can we beat them? Their weopons are equal to ours...
An anceient man dressed in ragged silver wizard clothing with a silver ambulant appears
Man: Evil ones...the time for running has passed...time to end this
HanK: Hold it we are not those evil twins
Man: YOu speak the truth...your hearts are pure...I am Argent the silver wizard....eons ago I was the Chief wizard of this district...I could use my magic to help ehance truth and beauty...till one day I made a terrible mistake..I will always rue. I tried to separate evil from myself and store it in my ambulant...it only partically worked....he escaped....and building on hatred evil and malice...became the Duke of Darkness..he has grown till even his rival...the one whose name cannot be spoken...fears HIm. He took my puils and turned them to do his bidding. BEWARE...all enslaved by him...Must serve him forever
Eric: Doing evil for ethernalty...what a fate
HanK: Can he be destroyed? What is the source of his power?
Argent: He is immortal. However the source of his power is his dark ambulant. If his ambulant should ever meet my silver alulant head on..he and his servants will be imprisoned forever
HanK: Listen to a plan
Scene 6 Kids and Argent walking in a grey plain
HanK; If he is looking for Magic..hear goes..{Shoots arrow into air}
Voice: HA...HA...thank you my pets for finding magic...you can bring me the weopons when the battle is over.. servants of Evil..aganst the purehearts
Melee between evil twins and Kids begins
Eric{s}: You again?
Voice: My brother Argent...prepare to be enslaved.....
Hank fires arrow which takes silver ambulant from Argent and travels toward dark ambulant
Voice: No....No....
Amulants meet with a blinding flash; Duke of Darkness; magic hounds and evil twins VANISH
Kids start to cheer...until they reaize in shock and horror that ARgent has vanished as WELL!
BobbI: WHERE....DID...HE...Go?
Hank picks up ambulant off ground. Argent appears
Argent: Farewell...my young friends. I could not tell you the fact that in regard to the Amulant magic...that weather used for good or evil...that all touched by it must remain imprisoned within it. May you find a way to your world
Dungeonmaster appears.
Dungeonmaster: Barbarian and my other pupils. You must understand why Argent chose his fate..as he was the unwhitting author of the Duke of Darkness..he will now do all he can to make sure the Realm is no longer troubled by this malice.
Dinah: But what is to stop Venger from usung the ambulant for evil purposes?
Eric: Throw it down a bottomless well
Dungeonmaster: Chavilier...an excellent suggestion
Amulant disappears
Shelia: Look the sky is clearing from that grey darkness and the ground is becoming green again
Dungonmaster: Thief..this region is renewing itself. Neveertheless it is not wise for you and the rest of the pupils to stay here. For generations the people have been humiliated by that malicious Duke and his minons..they will not understand that you are NOT the Evil Twins
Eric: WHAT ARE YOU waiting For?...Get us out of here quick PLEASE!
Dungeonmaster moves his fingers...Dungeonmaster; kids amd Uni disappear.

FINNIS

Last edited by Nomann on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:40 am; edited 16 times in total
Nomann
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. according to the online Cartoon encyclopedia there were several scripts/story idea lines that were never made...enough for a 4th season.
1st season-13 episodes
2nd season--8 episodes
3rd season--6 episodes

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a big fan of Dungeons & Dragons in general, but I have heard a lot of fans love this cartoon based on it. (But I do enjoy both the Smurfs and Punky Brewster Smile - but it's okay if they're not your thing.)
Thanks for adding to the conversation. And welcome to the forums, Nomann! Glad you're here- enjoy your time here. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
LepricahnsGold
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dungeons & Dragon opening

"Oh, those kids are after me Lucky Charms!" - Lucky
Nomann
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the kids could fight monster wizards, etc...but two things they couldn't overcome according to the Big cartoon database the series was expensive to make and low ratings as well...it was kind of like in my opinion to cartoons what the orginal Star Trek was to TV...an interesting and entertaining series of sci-fi adventures ....you know except for dvd collections and youtube...its not on television anymore....why when Star trek was made into a cartoon series that was on Cable TV Nick cartoon...years ago...but not anymore....now days they just keep showing blocks of same cartoons.... stiil everyone has their own favorites...I was nevr a fan but He-man was first a toy then a cartoon and even a movie...it even beat out Ghostbusters as kids favorite in ghostbusters II!

Nomann
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dexter labrotory did a hilarious spoof D D & D of dungeons and dragons.
At least Dungeons and dragons was spared the fate of the smurfs which went on too long for too many a year

Last edited by Nomann on Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:51 am; edited 1 time in total
SharpFork
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately the US dvd set is edited syndication versions. However the UK set is uncut and also includes the unreleased scripts in the bonus features.

Nomann
Radical

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny thing came across BBC cartoon listing of Dungeons and Dragons; funny they only bought the first two seasons and not the 3rd seasons episodes.
Why I don't know?

Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knowing the beeb, it'll have been down to cost.
Nomann
Radical

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject: D & D Little known fact: Reply with quote

When Dungeons and Dragons cartoon series was shown in Spain, there was also published a comic book version of each episode; however the order was slightly different order than shown on US TV:

Comic Issue: TV Episode Order:

#1 Eye of the Beholder #2
#2 Valley of the Unicorns #4
#3 In Search of the Dungeonmaster #5
#4 Prison without walls #7
#5 Servant of Evil # 8
#6 Garden of Zinn # 10
#7 The Night of No Tommorrow # 1
#8 Hall of Bones #3
#9 Beauty and the Bogbeast #6
#10 P-R-E-S-T-O Spells Disaster # 13
#11 Quest of the Skelaton Warrior # 9
#12 The Lost Children # 12
#13 The Box # 11
#14 The Girl who dreamed Tommorrow #14
#15 The Treasure of Tardos #15
#16 The City at the Edge of Midnight # 16
#17 The Traitor # 17
#18 The Last Illusion #19
#19 Day of the Dungeonmaster #18
#20 The Dragons Graveyard # 20
#21 Child of the Stargazer # 21
#22 The Dungeon at the Heart of Dawn # 22
#23 Citadel of shadow # 25
#24 Odyessey of the Twelfth Talisman # 24
#25 Cave of the Fiairy Dragons #27
#26 The Time lost # 23
#27 Winds of darkness # 26

Note Winds of Darkness is usually listed as the last episode-however according to 2 authoritative websight listing of the episodes it was actually second to last episode!

Last edited by Nomann on Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:11 am; edited 7 times in total
Nomann
Radical

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Alternative D & D last ending-set in 1985??? Reply with quote

Since nowadays the fashion is that of Alternative versions...here is my take on the last and final never made D & D episode-set in 1985:

Title: FINIS?
Act 1 Scene 1
A globe shows a young girl picking herbs
Voice: WE SHALL MEET again
White flash-she is gone
A glove shows a female soccress reading a book
Voice: Dear SISTER...You'd WISH YOU wear back in your Cave again
White flash-she is gone
A globe shows a scene of a young girl reading in her bedroom
Hard Cold voice is heard: So you thought that because your friends got you
back to your world you were safe...from me...now then {mumbled words}
White flash-she is gone
Voice: Now the third one is captured...time to send a most unpleaasent message to your friends...
Act 1 Scene 2 Kids are in a forrest:
Presto; Shelia and Bobby start screaming and holding their heads:
Presto: Varla
Shelia: Kareena
Bobbi: Terri
Eric: It couldn't have been that fish Presto conjured up for lunch could it?
Dinah: Can the wisecracks Eric...Those are all friends of theirs...and Vengers enemies
Eric: I get a sick feeling of a heroic rescue attempt at Venger's castle
Hank : Rescue is right....we owe it to those friends of ours..to help them
Presto: I'll get us there in a wink...Zip...Zap Zing...get us to Venger dungeons... quick as can be {Kids vanish}
Dungeonmaster {suddenly appears}....STOP....My..PUpils....IT....IS....A...TRAP.....Oh..NO...TOO Late..so THE END HAS BEGUN..... Dungeonmaster takes off his life energy ambulant and waves his fingers while muttering a spell -places ambulant into a small chest inscribed "For my daugther". chest disappears
Ac1 1 Scene 3 Dungeon Vengers castle
Varla Kareena and Terri are chained to the wall. The kids burst into cell.
Kids: How did you all get HERE?
Varla: I was gathering herbs in the forest...
Kareena: I was reading up on old magical lore.... My RING's under a spell..it isn't working
TerrI: I was in my bed room...
Bobbi: Don't worry I'll knock those chains off and after your free there is a appointment with old one horn...
Bobbi swings his club at the chains to break them.
Suddendly there is a blinding white flash and everyone is GONE
Act 1 Scene 4
The Kids and prisoners find themselves in Vengers throne room chained by magic to the wall. Their magic toetms are on the floor before Venger
Venger: I knew that sentimental desire for goodness would be your weakness...Now down to the business of taking what...IS MINE
Venger zaps Varla, Kareena, Terri and Uni who start screaming. Karena attire changes from dungeonmaster robes to attire she first had when rescued by Shelia. Uni loses her magic horn. Magic energy comes from these four to Venger
BobbI: [Enraged] You Big Bully...for what you did I'll attack you even without my club
The Kids totems now appear beside Venger; Kareena ring is on his finger
Venger: All those with magic in this castle-the power belongs to me-weather illusion, sibling, clairvoyance or transporation. You ten pure hearts have been a pain in my plans for way too long. Now I'll take my revenge on all of you FOREVER...
Eric: I Knew It...Vengers cashing in our Chips for Keeps
Venger: Wrong Chevalier...by the time I'm finished with you....You wished I had done that...ha...ha...ha
Venger zaps the Kids, Uni and the prisioners at once.
Venger: Now my revenge is beginning to work..I have two old debts to pay against Tiamat and Dungeonmaster. Begoone out of my castle...HA..HA..Ha [Kids and prisioners vanish in white light]
Act 2 Scene 1 Kids in forest --faces cant be seen In Shadow.
Presto: STRANGE I don't feel any different....What did he do to US besides take our weopons? What did he mean by saying we'd wish he'd done away with us?
Eric: I don't know about you guys but I feel thirsty...{goes to stream,,looks into water and starts screaming} HELP ANYONE....HE TURNED ME.,,,YOU...US ALL Into SKelatons!
In shock and horror the kids, prisioners and Uni realize they have been turned into living skeltons!
Hank: Kareena can you reverse this spell?
Kareena: Even if I still had my ring I'm afraid I could do nothing...not even Dungeonmaster can do anything..this is a spell that can only be reversed either by he who cast it ...or broken if he were destroyed...my brother is very vindictive and never forgiving of any and all who oppose him in any way at all....all under this spell can live for centuries in this form...yet those thus cursed..lose normal desires such as eating, drinking and sleeping...all that is left is a feeling of hopelessness ....the agony of just ....EXISTING this way..day after day
Hank: So that's his revenge... we are going to be "living" warnings in the Realm of what happens to those who dare to oppose Venger...
Dinah: Look up in the sky...Venger against Tiamat..the dragons Queen has LOST...he...he's turned into a dragon monster himself and become larger than her....and now both are morphing into a six headed dragon...
Eric: A six head dragon.Venger...ugh
Dinah: No wisecracks this time Eric?
Eric: No....NO....Not this time...except if we are lucky five of the heads will lead a revolution against Venger!
Sheliah: WE...CAN ...Only...HOPE..THAT COMES To Pass!
Bobbi: Terri I'm aufually sorry you ended up like this..
Terri: Bobby the Barbarian as long as I'm with you anything is bearable...now what is your surname?
Bobbi:Mine is O'Brian
Terri: Mine is O'Neill
Bobbi: At least in this state...we wont have to worry about needing food...
Terri hugs Bobbi-they both began laughing weakly
Dungeonmaster appears-looking tired
Dungeonmaster: [gravely] My children and pupils ...before I go to fight with Venger-Tiamat monster...remember this advice...during the period which will come this will be the most difficult ordeal you will have to endure...yet no matter what happens to me weather I survive or not....always strive to keep your hearts pure...do not fall into the trap Venger has...his arrogance and greedy striving for unlimited power by upsetting the natural balance will not make him more stronger...but on the contray will bring about his downfall...[disappears]
Eric: I'll say one thing for D.M. cryptic riddles...they usually come out true...
Dinah: I agree for once with Mr Mou...er Eric
A big flash of light appears in the sky
Karena: {Screams} YEEAAHHHHH Venger has destroyed..... Father ....I can FEEL....IT....[weeps]
Sheliah: Kareena ....be comforted...remember Dungeonmaster advice to us all...Your the New Dungeonmaster....and even without magic...we'll support you against Venger.. why before when he took our totems...we've still beat him
Kareena: Thief...your right...he may have the power...but not the wisdom..to use it wisely...hes not infallible...he will make mistakes...
The small Box appears in suprized Sheliahs hand; she opens it and hands ambulant to Kareena who wears it
The kids start walking into the sunset: Presto with Varla; Eric and Dinah; Terri wth Bobbi and Uni; Kareena with Shelia and Hank.
Last scene focus on ambulant ....Dungeonmaster appears briefly and winks his eye at audience before disappearing again
On Screen:
Did the Kids ever reverse the spell?
Did the Kids ever get Home?
How will Venger's downfall come about?
Will Dungeonmaster reform himself?
The End?

Last edited by Nomann on Fri Jun 23, 2017 6:31 am; edited 32 times in total
Nomann
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 4:52 am    Post subject: Alternative D & D last ending-set in 1985??? Part II Reply with quote

Just for the record a p.s. for Finnis Part 1
Now for the of conclusion Finnis Part 2 Very Happy Very Happy
Finnis part 2

Act 1 Scene 1
Karenna: I sense my brother is going to do battle with his Master..those name cannot ever be spoken {shrudders}.... for control of the cosmos...
Eric: {Hopefully} If Neither of them survives..will we get back to normal?
Karenna: No such luck...one will probably survive...and we are doomed to stay this way for eternity
Hank: Karenna after Venger used our weopons against Teimat...does he still have them?
Karenna: Why No...I sense that after the battle with the Dragon Queen...he had no further use for them..they are in his castle
Eric: Hank have you flipped? Even fully charged our weopons cant prevail against a hybrid Venger-Tiamat
HanK: I know.... that's what I counting on
Act 1 Scene 2 Venger Castle Our heros taking up their weopons; Karenna picks up her ring
kareena: My ring still has some power left
Hank: Now theres only one place left to recharge our weopons...
ERic: Don't tell me...the Dragons Graveyard..
Hank; Yes there...trust me on this gamble...Eric do you really want to go on forever looking like...this?
Eric shakes his head
The Kids use their weopons to get to the Dragons graveyard-kids and prisioners end there
Act 2 Scene 1 The Dragons Graveyard
The Kids weopons glow with recharged energy
Karenna: The great Battle is over...my brother has won...but he is not as strong as he was before...I sense that He knows we are here...
Venger-Tiamat appears
Venger: I'd Knew you try to use your weopons recharged at this place...which is why I left them at my castle.
Hank: Do you fear anything?
Venger: I fear mothing...I have power...all you pity beings are good for is to forever exist as warnings to one and all to never revolt against my rule
Hank: Tiamat..one question..do you wish to spend eternity linked to Venger?
Tiamat: Although an annoying human..he has asked the right question..I HAVE NO WISH TO SPEND ETERNITY LINKED TO YOU VENGER
Venger: How do you even dare question ME? I CONQUERED YOU
Hank: BUT WITH OUR WEOPONS
Tiamat: AND NOW YOU DONT HAVE THEM
The two hybrid parts fight one another
Hank: Karenna quick gather our weopons and direct their energy to both the seam that binds the two beings together and upon Venger as well
Kareena does this. The Combined energy and Tiamt rage causes the hybrid to split apart. Venger appears in "Phanthom form" and stands alone.
Venger: Nicely played Ranger divide and conquer....you have won this round..but I will be back to take my revenge against you all {Evil laughs and disappears}
Tiamat: I owe you humans a debt for restorying the natural balance...
HanK: All we ask is that we go back to the Realm..and never come back to this place ever again...Forever
Tiamat: Ranger Those are my wishes Exactly.. Now .beggone
Kids et all vanish in magic flash
Act 2 Scene 2 The Forrest
Eric: Venger is probably back to his normal evil self and Tiamat is in her graveyard...but does this mean we'll be stuck as walking advertisements for Venger tyranny forever?
Dungeonmaster: Not necessary Chaeliver
Eric: Where did you come from...? We thought your were destroyed..?
HanK: Where are our brains? It was his ambulant..he wasn't wearing it before the big battle
Kareena hands ambulant back to Dungeonmaster
Dungeonmaster: Correct Ranger...I left a "Piece" of myself there..as regards your present appearences....that lasted only as long as the hybrid existed...you will soon to be returned to normal...
Kids and everyone else-including Uni -normal appearance.
Dungeonmaster: Varla,Terri do you wish to go back to your normal places?
Varla: Why yes of course
Terri to Bobbi:
Terri: Bobbi Do you wish to come home to our world with me?
BobbI: Yes .Terri...I do want to go home...But as long as Venger is creating havoc in the cosmos...with no place to hide..we have to stop him
Terri: I understand Bobbi the Barbarian-see you at school -with my locket!{Kisses him. Bobbi blushes}
Presto: Varla...we may live in different worlds...but I have a fealing we'll meet again.....someplace somehow
Varla: Presto Odd I have the same feeling we will meet again...
Kareena: Thank you Shelia for your friendship and help...now I know I have friends in the Realm
Dinah: DUngeonmaster..Venger vowed revenge against all who ruined his latest plan. We and Kareena can defend ourselves with our toetoms...but whats to protect Varla and Terri from his hatred?
Dungeonmaster weaves a spell.Small ambulants appear on Varla and Terri.
Dungeonmaster: These will protect you from Vengers spells.
Varla, Kareena and Terri vanish
Sheliah: Why Presto and Bobbi....your both crying
Presto: Ah..its just Dirt in my eye from the graveyard
Bobbi; Mine to.
Sheliah; I Understand
Dungeonmaster: My pupils you have helped restore the natural balance. Do you wish to go home now?
Hank: {Grimly} Dungeonmaster..we all wish to go home..but as Bobbi remarked..how can we go when Venger causes calamity in the cosmos-and there is no place to hide from his malice?
Dungeonmaster: Wisely spoken pupils..you have in fact taken another step forward home.

==Finnis==

Last edited by Nomann on Thu Jun 22, 2017 9:06 am; edited 50 times in total
Nomann
Radical

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If only D & D had been renewed for one more last season Exclamation Neutral Neutral

Last edited by Nomann on Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:52 am; edited 14 times in total
Nomann
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:44 am    Post subject: Alternative D & D last ending-set in 2017? Reply with quote

Since nowadays the fashion is that of Alternative versions...here is my take on the last and final never made D & D episode- the cartoon time has been updated to "real Time"-set in 2017

Title: The Rip Van Winkle children:
Act 1 Scene 1 the Amusement Park D & D Ride {deserted}
Suddendly there is a flash of light and a rollor coster ride comes into view with our six kids-without totems or Uni but still dressed in D & D cloathing.

Kids: We made it..after all those adventures...and escaping Vengers goons..We are finally Home!

Kids laugh with joy.

Shelia: I don't want to put a damper on coming home...but how do we explain being away from home for so long?
Eric: We just tell our parents....the er truth...oh brother
Dinah: Yeah that we were in another demininson of magic, dragons, demons and monsters...
Presto: They'd lock us away in a rubber room...
Hank: It was a long time in the Realm...but remember when we rescuded Jimmy Whitaker? We were gone nearly 1 year but to Jimmy it was still the Sunday night at the amusement Park....
Bobbi: Well how do we explain our clothing?
HanK: We were at a custume party and forgot to change our clothes...
Eric: Whats the worst our parents could do? Ground us for a week for staying out too late?
Hank: Lets meet back here in about 2 hours...just in case there has been any changes while we were gone..after all what could have be so difffernt from the time we left?
Act 1 scene 2 The kids at the amusement park...faces shocked and scared.
Hank: I was quite wrong....its been 34 years since we' been gone....who wants to start?
Eric: My family estate is still here....but not my parents at all! I asked around--it seems my old man is a guest of San Quinton Prison for over 29 years for something called "Insider trading"---what ever that is. My mother divorced him....
Dinah: I went back to my old neighborhood...I used to practice acrobatics on the trees back of my house....only my house isn't there anymore...its now a grocery store parking lot...what's worse is that no one remembers my family at all...
Presto: I went down to where the computer game store was...and its something called an Internet Café....some eating place..no food...but they got nothing but people playing on computers....types of which I've never seen before...my old house still stands but my folks moved away...no one knows where.
Shelia: I'll speak for Bobbi and myself...the school we went to....torn down...our home...gone....mother went crazy worrying what happened to us and father just couldn't handle it and ran away....
Hank: At my old house I meet my brother....yet he didn't recognize me....claimed he had no brother...but a no good runaway punk that caused his parents grief..he even threatened to beat up me as a fraud ....since his brother would be much older than he was..not some teenage fool in a robin hood custume!
Eric: Well fearless lead...Hank..our hopes of coming home are gone...what do we do now?
HanK: Its painfully obvious that we do not belong in this world...everything we knew is changed and gone for good...we cant even prove we were in another world
Bobbi: There has got to be some place where we Belong...!
Act 1 Scene 3:
Tired and resigned to their fate The six Kids on D & D Amusement park ride...go into tunnel....flash of light.
Act 2 Scene 1 Daylight at D & D amusement park ride
Big wrecking ball.. Foreman to operator.
Foreman: Charlie..our assignment is to smash this old amusement ride to bits. Hasn't been used for years...since some kids went in according to legend and never came back out.
Wrecking ball smashes ride to bits.

=Finnis=

alas the series was only on for 3 seasons.... Exclamation

Last edited by Nomann on Wed Jun 21, 2017 4:38 am; edited 6 times in total
Nomann
Radical

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: other 1980s cartoon finale...? Reply with quote

On the Super Brothers Mario show was a cartoon version of The Legend of Zelda...no finale version ever made. Here is my version of a series finale:

Title: The Legend of Zelda--The Last Adventure.
Setting: Act 1 Scene 1
Zelda castle is damaged and under attack from Gannon's evil hoards
Link comes to Zelda with damaged shield and sword.
Link: I'm sorry Princess..I can only hold them off but I cannot stop them.
Zelda: Link come with me..there may be one last chance to stop Gannon once and for all
Zelda and Link run to the vault where the Triforce of wisdom is kept guarded by the fairy Sprite. Zelda goes to a box and takes out a scroll.
Zelda: This was left by the great Merlin..his instructions were that if ever the Triforce of Wisdom was about to fall into evil hands...this spell was to be used once only...{all three begin chanting spell ....words not heard}
Gannon breaks through wall with Triforce of Power glowing brightly at head of evil horde
Gannon: So Princess not even the heroric pest Link can stop me from taking the Triforce from you and rule....
Suddendly there is a bright white flash--Zelda, Link and Sprite are trapped within a white energy field! Links sword and shield are at Gannons feet.
Gannon: Whats this scroll?? Its from the great Merlin {Scroll words appear in fire and then vanish} HA Ha Ha fools this is a trapping spell for those who use it...Now both Triforces are mine.. I rule this Kingdom forever...without mercy...and just so I wont be bother by you pests..I'm going to send you to the planet of eternal snow and ice from which none can neither escape or survive....{Zelda, Link and Sprite vanish}
Act 1 scene 2 plant of ice and cold twilight . heros appear and begin to freeze to death within microseconds
Sprite freezes first within an ice cube.
Zelda: Link...my eyes are burning with pain..I can bearly see you..I cant move my legs..my hands are becoming cold and stiff...my chest feels as though a thousand swords of pain are piercing it...soon the cold will reach my heart...I confess ....that ever since I first saw you...I love you....if I were offered a choice of a 1,000 kingdoms ...and your poor hut.. I choose you...
Link: Zelda...I...confess....I've teased and....infuriated you....But I ..love only you...
As Link and Zelda kiss...tears from their eyes meet on their lips..and freeze
The roses fade from their cheeks...snow covers their bodies
Act 1 scene 3 Zelda, Link and Sprite as ghosts hover over the snow mound
Zelda: I'm resigned to the fact I'm a ghost...but what distreses me is the fact is that I've failed to protect my people from Gannons Iron rule
Link:Princess...Zelda ...Being a ghost...is something to get used to...I know from previous experience....Look isn't that a light above us?
Zelda, Link and Sprite go towards Light.
The light is that of Merlin surrounded by books and a mirror
Merlin: WElcome Princess Zelda, hero Link, faithful Sprite
Zelda: What about that spell...?
Merlin: I knew full well the consequences ...which is why I placed it where you would use it...
Zelda: {Temper rising}Why Did you do such a thing...?
Link: {To Sprite} Even as a ghost Zelda cant keep her temper in check...
Merlin: My daughter...there was no choice...I had to act as I did..even when the two Triforces balanced one another..it was invetiable that Power would overcome Wisdom....look into the mirror and see thy future...if thee had conqured Gannon.
Zelda, Link and Sprite look into mirror and are shocked and horrified to see an alternative version of themselves...nothing of Gannon is seen except smoke flowing from a hole in the floor. Zelda is holding the Triforce of Power which is glowing brightly while the Triforce of Wisdom dims; Link and Sprite preent as well...yet on all three are hints of cruelity breaking out in their faces as Power is doing its work on all three.
Zelda: Now that I have both Triforces I will rule this kingdom forever WITHOUT MERCY
Sprite: I'll spy on all enemies
Link: I'll do away with all enemies
Zelda: Now is the time for ME...to Rule 1,000 Kingdoms
Sprite/Link: Hail Empress Zelda
All three laugh evilly.
Zelda: Its hard to accept...but absolute power would have corrupted us
Link: We would have been worse than Gannon...
Zelda: What of Gannon? Will he rule forever?
Merlin: His fate is already fixed..see the future in the mirror:
Gannon is more older; evil and still holding on to the two triforces.
Suddendly a young version of Link bursts in and grabs Links old sword and Shield
Gannon: Bah...for over 20 years another would be heroic pest avenger of Zelda and Link....This mystic power will destroy you...
Gannon throws spell at youth..who uses shield and sword to deflect power back at Gannon; Gannon and two triforces disappear
Youth looks at sword: I belong to Link appears in red on blade.
Youth: In memory of my Uncle, I shall rename myself Link and carry his shield and sword...sword I think we both are going to have many adventures
Merlin: By your heroicis you three have inspired revolt against Gannon tyranny than if you had destroyed himself
Zelda: So we didn't fail after all...
Merlin: Thy work is done..so you three go on to thy eternal rest and reward
Zelda, Link and Sprite go toward a stronger light

==Finnis==

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: