80sCartoons.net Forum Index

A review of Scooby-Doo's video release history
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! I found some more Hanna-Barbera VHS videos at thrift stores recently. Now I've got a copy of "Footlight Follies", so I hope to have a more detailed listing for that entry soon.
I also got a Yakky Doodle VHS tape too, since it was there, but I don't think it has any Scooby-Doo episodes on it.
I will keep updating my first entry in this thread as I run across any other tapes or more DVD releases are announced, etc. but I'm also trying to create a checklist that may make going through each series' video releases a little easier. Smile Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scooby-Doo! Adventures: The Mystery Map (Original Puppet Movie)

Not sure if you have this one in your compendium, but as it is both Scooby and puppets, I think it is right up your alley! Very Happy

Edited added picture

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Last edited by Mayor West on Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reminding me about it- I do enjoy that one a lot, both for the puppetry and for the fact that it's essentially like another episode of "A Pup Named Scooby-Doo".
I haven't listed the various movies yet, but I should definitely include that one at least. I will probably get a separate list for all the movies eventually too. Very Happy Cool

Last edited by MacGyver on Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I updated the list slightly with more information regarding the "Footlight Follies" VHS (corrected the list of shows on the tape) and added a note about the VHS release of "The Caped Crusader Caper" episode of "The New Scooby-Doo Movies".

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has become like a holy grail for fans of Scooby-Doo dude. I'm totally impressed with your work here.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Well, I appreciate the high praise, sir. I'm glad if it's helpful for anyone else- it's mainly been borne out of frustration at not being able to find a comprehensive list online anywhere else. (That and I have too much time on my hands sometimes- lol.) Scooby Dooby Doo! Laughing

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uncle Scooby? Hi! It's Scrappy-Doo!
Scrappy-Doo? Heehehehee Very Happy Cool

YAY! I am totally psyched to announce that Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is releasing "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo"- the Complete Series to DVD on April 28, 2015! Check out the cover art and more information about this awesome surprise here.
I have updated information in the first post in this thread accordingly. Very Happy Cool
[Note: The cover art labels it as "Season 1", but just to clarify, this DVD release encompasses all 16 episodes from the series, which features Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy, Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo all together in the original mystery-solving format. (This is the 1979-1980 season of episodes.)
In the fall of 1980, another Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo series launched, but these are the 7-minute shorts that ran from 1980-1982 and only featured Shaggy, Scooby and Scrappy in usually humorous situations, not necessarily involving mysteries at all. That series has gotten a partial release, but has not been completed on DVD yet.]

thinice
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is good news!

I collect Scooby Doo video games but can't recall any with Scrappy-Doo. He would be a great in a platform game.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scrappy-Doo has been featured in at least one Scooby-Doo video game for Amiga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxef66P3Z3g

Puppy Power! I'll splat 'em! Very Happy Cool

thinice
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is cool! I always wanted an Amiga computer but have never tracked one down. Amazing that it was never ported to any other systems or at least a handheld.

Thanks, MacGyver!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome, thin ice. Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not much of an update for the list, but I just wanted to post here to say that I was quite excited to unexpectedly run across some Scooby-Doo VHS tapes at a used bookstore the other day! Very Happy Cool
So I was able to add a few more to my collection, including a 1991 VHS copy of "Scooby-Doo Meets The Boo Brothers", "Scooby Doo" Volume 3 from Kids Klassics (which features "The Headless Horseman of Halloween" episode from "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour") and a release from the Hanna Barbera Super Stars line- "Scooby-Doo: The Fiesta Host is an Aztec Ghost". (That particular VHS copy of the episode in the title also includes the "High Rise Hair Raiser" episode as well. And both those episodes are from "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour".)
As soon as I get a chance to check out the tapes, I'll certainly update the original post here if I have any further information to report. Smile

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Here's another update for this thread. There is a new Wal-Mart exclusive DVD in stores called "Scooby-Doo! Favorite Frights". It mainly contains classic episodes from "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!", most likely in anticipation of Halloween coming up soon.
So most of the episodes on this DVD have already been released to DVD in series and volumes sets. However, there is one episode on here NEW to DVD!!!

The "Scoo-Be or Not Scoo-Be" episode from "The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries" is included on the DVD! Very Happy Cool
(YAY! Still slowly getting these episodes available on DVD here and there.)

For the record, here's the complete list of episodes on the DVD.

"Scooby-Doo and a Mummy, Too" (from "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!")
"The Headless Horseman of Halloween" (from "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour")
"Which Witch is Which?" (from "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!")
"Fright House of a Lighthouse" (from "What's New, Scooby-Doo?")
"What a Night for a Knight" (from "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!")
"Hassle in the Castle" (from "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!")
"A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts" (from "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!")
"Scoo-Be or Not Scoo-Be" (from "The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries") (NEW to DVD)

You can find it on Amazon.com here.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is a 1991 Capri Sun ad featuring a catalog of Hanna-Barbera VHS videos available at the time. Interesting that three volumes for "Scooby-Doo" are listed and four for "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo". Any bits of information like this are always helpful for helping make the listing on this thread as complete as possible. (And plus, it's just really cool to see these classic characters on vintage ads and such. Not that I really consider 1991 all that vintage- lol. Very Happy Cool )

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran across this list today on a Scooby-Doo fan site, which is also quite helpful in this pursuit of compiling a complete collection of Scooby-Doo media releases, whether on VHS or DVD, etc.
(Note: It also lists the various Scooby-Doo movies, which I haven't gotten around to including on here yet. I may still explore the video release history of those titles at some point as well.)

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing much to update here, but I did edit a few little things in the original post. (Just to add a bit more information about the "A Dog in the Ruff" VHS release- there were two versions released- one with only 1 episode and one with 4. Also, I added information about the "Be Cool, Scooby-Doo" DVD release of Season 1, Part 1 that was released a while back.)

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HOORAY! - Finally I have something new to report here. Another Scooby-Doo compilation video is getting a DVD release soon! It is entitled "Scooby-Doo! and the Creepy Carnival" and it releases on May 2, 2017. It will contain 3 episodes:

"Scooby's Fun Zone" (from The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Hour)
"The Crazy Carnival Caper" from (The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo Show) (NEW to DVD)
"High-Tech House of Horrors" (from What's New Scooby-Doo?)

So two of the episodes have already been released to DVD, but "The New Scooby and Scrappy-Doo" episode segment is NEW to DVD!!!

Check out the cover art here.

Hopefully, one of these days this show will get a complete series release on DVD- or at least get all the episodes released on the various compilation releases that WB puts out every now and then.

Last edited by MacGyver on Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:02 am; edited 1 time in total
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY! More Scooby-Doo coming to DVD!
"Happy Spook-Day, Scooby-Doo!" is getting released to DVD on August 29th. and it will contain 3 episodes.
Here's the breakdown of episodes included:

"Happy Birthday, Scooby-Doo" (from the 1984 "The New Scooby-Doo Mysteries" series) (NEW to DVD!)
"The Backstage Rage" (from "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!")
"Don't Fool with a Phantom" (from "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!")

So two classic episodes and one NEW to DVD! I'd still like to see a complete series release for the Scooby series that are still not complete on DVD, but I'm happy for any progress with releases! Smile Cool

Check the link for more details.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an older release that I just realized I never updated the original thread with, even though I posted about it elsewhere. So anyway- this information is for the May 5, 2015 release of "Surf's Up, Scooby-Doo!" DVD.

The Scooby-Doo Wiki now has a list of episodes to expect on the "Surf's Up, Scooby-Doo!" DVD set.

Here's the breakdown of what's NEW to DVD on this release and the year and show for NEW releases. Previously released episodes will justhave the show it's from for identification.

1. Scooby-Doo! and the Beach Beastie (the aforementioned NEW episode; of course, NEW to DVD!)

2. A Clue for Scooby-Doo (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?; previously released to DVD)

3. Scooby's Night with a Frozen Fright (Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?; previously released to DVD)

4. Scooby Dude (A Pup Named Scooby-Doo; previously released to DVD)

5. Scooby-Nocchio/Scooby's Roots/Lighthouse Keeper Scooby (originally aired September 19, 1981; "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show"; NEW to DVD)

6. Excalibur Scooby/Scooby's Luck Of The Irish/Scooby's Escape From Atlantis ("Excalibur Scooby" and "Scooby's Escape from Atlantis" originally aired on September 26, 1981; "Scooby's Luck Of The Irish" originally aired on October 3, 1981; "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show"; NEW to DVD)

7. Cruisin' for a Bruisin' (Originally aired November 10, 2007; "Shaggy and Scooby-Doo Get A Clue!"; NEW to DVD)

8. Hang in There Scooby (Originally aired November 22, 1980; "The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show"; previously released to DVD)

9. The Creepy Case of Old Iron Face (The Scooby-Doo Show; previously released on "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Third Season DVD release [which is really Season 3 of "The Scooby-Doo Show" but they aired under the "Scooby's All-Stars" title as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"])

10. A Creepy Tangle in the Bermuda Triangle (The Scooby-Doo Show; previously released on "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Third Season DVD release [which is really Season 3 of "The Scooby-Doo Show" but they aired under the "Scooby's All-Stars" title as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"])

11. She Sees Sea Monsters by the Sea Shore ("What's New, Scooby-Doo?"; previously released to DVD)

12. Shiver and Shake, That Demon's a Snake ("Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo"; previously released to DVD)

13. Twenty Thousand Screams Under the Sea (originally aired November 17, 1979; "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo"; NEW to DVD)

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for reference, here's the information for a 2014 DVD set called "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Field of Screams" that I listed on another thread, but just realized I never listed here. So I'm listing it now and going back to update my original thread- hopefully my count will be accurate now.

Well, gang- it looks like we've got another DVD on our hands! Very Happy Cool

Warner Bros. is releasing "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Field of Screams" on May 13, 2014! Smile
(See more details and the cover art here- http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Scooby-Scrappy-Doo-Field-of-Screams/19403)

And we get a NEW episode created just for this DVD release on this one too! Cool! And nice to see a collection of sports-related episodes- and nice to see soccer get the cover spotlight (as a sport that isn't traditionally as popular in America as other countries.)

As usual, here's the breakdown of what's NEW to DVD on this release and the year and show for NEW releases. Previously released episodes will just have the show it's from for identification.

Synopsis:
When it comes to solving mysteries, Scooby-Doo and the gang are professionals. When it comes to playing sports, not so much. While on vacation, Scooby-Doo, Shaggy, Fred, Daphne and Velma take in a game of soccer. Everyone panics as a mythical beast appears and threatens to end the game. Scooby's goal is to canine-kick his way to victory, but is he up to the challenge? And suit up for hours of fun in 12 more episodes with Scooby-Doo and his tried-and-true teammates. Whether it's playing baseball, football or tennis, watch the gang tackle demons, ghouls, monsters and more. Don't be a spectator. Get in the game and bring this winning collection home for the whole family!

•Disc 1:
1.Scooby-Doo! Ghastly Goals! (NEW episode and of course, NEW to DVD!)
2.Night on Haunted Mountain (Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated; previously released to DVD)
3.The Demon of the Dugout (originally aired November 3, 1979; "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo"- NEW to DVD)
4.The Ghost That Sacked the Quarterback (The Scooby-Doo Show, previously released on "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour" DVD set)
5.The Warlock of Wimbledon (The Scooby-Doo Show, previously released on "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Third Season DVD release [which is really Season 3 of "The Scooby-Doo Show" but they aired under the "Scooby's All-Stars" title as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"])
6.The Beast Is Awake in Bottomless Lake (The Scooby-Doo Show, previously released on "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" The Third Season DVD release [which is really Season 3 of "The Scooby-Doo Show" but they aired under the "Scooby's All-Stars" title as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?"])
7.Rocky Mountain Yiiiiii! (originally aired December 15, 1979; "Scooby-Doo and Scrappy-Doo" episode previously released on "Scooby-Doo! 13 Spooky Tales: Holiday Chills and Thrills" compilation DVD set)

•Disc 2:
8.Basketball Bumblers/Maltese Mackerel/Yabba's Rustle Hustle (The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour- this is the first "Yabba-Doo" segment to get a DVD release! The segments here are not paired as they originally aired though- but all are NEW to DVD!)
9.8 Picnic Poopers/Muscle Trouble/Alien Schmalien (The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour- another Yabba-Doo segment here and all segments NEW to DVD!)
10.The Unnatural (What's New, Scooby-Doo?; previously released to DVD)
11.Scooby and the Minotaur/Scooby Pinch Hits (The New Scooby and Scrappy Doo Show- NEW to DVD! [and both segments are paired as originally aired on October 29, 1983.)
12.The Fast and the Wormious (What's New, Scooby-Doo?; previously released to DVD)
13.Gentleman, Start Your Monsters (What's New, Scooby-Doo?; previously released to DVD)

(Note: "The Scooby-Doo Show" is the blanket name given for the syndicated episodes modeled after "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?", that ran from 1976-1978 and aired as segments on various shows including: "The Scooby-Doo/Dynomutt Hour", "Scooby's All-Star Laff-A-Lympics", "Scooby's All-Stars" and some ran as "lost" episodes of "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?" under that same title.
"The Richie Rich/Scooby-Doo Show" ran for three seasons, changing its name to "The Scooby-Doo & Scrappy-Doo Puppy Hour" in the third season.)

Good to see this series of DVD releases still moving on- I just wish Warner Bros. could make it more organized by giving the individual shows full series DVD releases. But in any case- at least episodes are getting released. I'm particularly excited to see two Yabba-Doo segments released; I remember watching "The Scooby & Scrappy-Doo/Puppy Hour" as a kid and particularly enjoying those segments- so it will be nice to finally see that again. I hope eventually we'll see complete series sets of these various Scooby-Doo shows on DVD as well. The Scooby-Doo Detective Agency (or Mystery, Inc. if you prefer) will keep on the job searching for clues! Very Happy Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Reviews All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: