80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Call for action

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:05 pm    Post subject: Call for action Reply with quote

Hey guys,

As far as I could see in the media there is very little interaction between animation production and distribution companies and consumers looking for certain animated series, especially old cartoons that it's known that those companies keep in their archives, such as ABC Weekend Specials, and CBS Storybreak that I'm looking for. The same way that people demonstrate and write for various causes, I think that it's time to start acting, trying to get some response.
This is what I think we should do:

1.Call the co. that have these series in their archives
2.Connect with other members that love them
3.Find out the emails and other contacts and write to them
4.Make contact and ask the proper questions regarding the release of the series
5.We should also post in this and other sites an open letter to the co. that hold those series, in short, we should apply some pressure

Very Happy Idea

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Changes in distribution and ownership Reply with quote

Until Anchor Bay Entertainment was bought by Lionsgate, their production was distributed by 20th Century Fox Entertainment. ASSE and HBP made cartoon series for CBS entertainment. CBS and Fox made and distributed cartoons that also ran on CBS Cartoon Network. I wish that Lionsgate and 20th Century Fox will repack those old animated series.

Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 7:35 am    Post subject: Companies to cantact Reply with quote

Hey guys,
Following my previous post of call for action regarding the so many unreleased old series, here are the basic contact phone numbers of the for 4 major holders of those series:

- Lionsgate General info - 310.449.9200/310.255.3870
Lionsgate Shop - 1-877-230-2756
email - inquiries@liongate.com
- 20th Century Fox - CS# - 310.369.1000
- Warners Brothers Archives - 866-373-4389
- Walt Disney Phone Number - (818) 560-1000

I intend to call/write to them shortly. Hope you do the same.

SharpFork
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everything is held in archives. Some series, even up until the mid 90s were deleted or permanently lost.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a sad fact that is hard to accept sometimes.... Unfortunately, that's the case particularly with the BBC- for example, in the case of early Doctor Who episodes. Sad

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
SharpFork
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It truly is. In particular Ive been trying to find the Sectaurs mini series, Ive spoken to the creator of the Sectaurs and have full permission to release it, thats if I can find it. It was produced by Ruby Spears but since it was commissioned, all of the original master tapes would have had to be turned over to seven towns (the Sectaurs license holder) for some reason seven towns never received it, warner brothers does not have it in their archive after acquiring HB/RS apparently, and the creator doesnt have them. So where are the master tapes?! Someone at ruby spears or hanna barbera, maybe even cartoon network most likely erased them to reuse the master tapes (3/4 beta was and still is NOT CHEAP). Its been a long 5 year journey with absolutely 0 leads to finding the Sectaurs mini-series. The home recorded broadcasts may very well be all thats left.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, never give up hope. Home video recordings is exactly what the BBC has relied upon to restore some of the long lost early Doctor Who episodes. You never know when something might turn up. But I find it kind of crazy that the Sectaurs creator at least wouldn't have a copy of his own creation.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Chenchukon
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Action Reply with quote

On feb this year I asked you to take action regarding ways to compel distribution companies to at least consider to release some of the old cartoons.

Maybe it's worthwhile to write to BODs. And ask them to intervene.

Maybe there are other ways to convince companies to release at least a few episodes from the old cartoon series. I also think that we the consumers, don't have any idea how those companies make their decisions what to release and when.

I hope that I'll hear back from you, the old cartoon lovers.
Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Other Cartoons All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: