80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Alan Thicke of "Growing Pains" (etc.) has died :(

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:04 am    Post subject: Alan Thicke of "Growing Pains" (etc.) has died :( Reply with quote

I don't usually do too many posts like this, but I thought it was worth mentioning on the site here, especially for those who remember growing up watching the classic sitcoms of the 1980s, especially in this case- "Growing Pains". That was one of my favorite shows at that time- and I still love it today. I actually just recently finished watching the whole series on DVD, along with the TV-movies. (Thankfully, the entire series and both reunion TV-movies have all gotten DVD releases now.)
Alan Thicke died on December 13, 2016 of a heart attack that came on suddenly after playing ice hockey with one of his sons. Mr. Thicke was 69. He was known for a number of shows and appearances- he recently was starring on a reality show based on his family- "Unusually Thicke". He also was famous for hosting other shows like "Animal Crack-Ups" and his talk show from years ago, "Thicke of the Night". He also very recently appeared on "Fuller House", the sequel series to "Full House"- appearing as a character called Mike! (Perhaps an homage to his famous teenage son on "Growing Pains", played by Kirk Cameron- whose sister Candace Cameron Bure, starred as DJ Tanner on both "Full House" and now does so again on "Fuller House".) Alan Thicke also starred in the "Not Quite Human" series of TV-movies. And here's something many may not know- he also helped compose two famous TV theme songs- "Diff'rent Strokes" and "The Facts of Life".
It's very sad to hear of this sudden death, especially for someone I so enjoyed watching as a child. May God comfort his family during this sad time.
Sad Crying or Very sad
Though it may be with a heavy heart now, here's a fun tribute to "Growing Pains" (with that ever catchy theme song!), "sharing the laughter and love" to help you "show me that smile again." Smile
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh5mCl29ARc

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: