80sCartoons.net Forum Index

The A-Team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: The A-Team. Reply with quote

A channel here in good 'ol Blighty, called Forces TV, have begun showing it. But, I already have the complete series on DVD, but still we haven't finished series 4, so we'll be knackered if they have to go back, as it has been 6 years or so.

Used to be on on a Saturday afternoon here back in the 80's, and always loved it.

Did you watch it as a kid too?
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security prison to the Los Angeles underground. Today they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, and no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire The A-Team."
Smile Cool
(Typed that from memory. I'm a longtime fan of The A-Team!) Very Happy Cool

This is an '80s show I grew up watching and loving- I remember it being aired early Saturday mornings too. (It seems like it used to be coupled with Knight Rider as well- or at least, I tend to put them together.)

Anyway- yeah, I love watching the escapades of Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith, Lt. Templeton "Faceman" Peck, Sgt. Bosco "B.A."[Bad Attitude] Baracas and of course, Captain H.M. "Howling Mad" Murdock.
Very Happy Cool

The casting was perfect as far as I'm concerned- George Peppard always did such an excellent job with Hannibal- Dirk Benedict as Face, and of course- Mr. T as B.A. - he became such a larger-than-life character thanks to this show (and "Rocky III"). And Dwight Schultz as Murdock-all of them were just such a great combination.

It's a series I'd really love to go back and watch in its entirety sometime.... It's been a long time since I've seen it, but it's always a favorite.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good memory Wink .

My friend told me that they are going to release the series on Bluray. But, I already have the complete series on DVD, so I might pass on it.
MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. God seems to have blessed me with a good memory. Very Happy Cool

And I've seen the show a number of times....always love the classics. I'd rather be watching this show than most anything on TV today.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Optimus Prime
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
And I've seen the show a number of times....always love the classics. I'd rather be watching this show than most anything on TV today.

Most definitely.

The only programme I watch from nowadays is The 100. The rest, blurgh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's TV and Movies All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: