80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Found My Wildfire Items!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurora
High Priestess of the Cartoons

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Found My Wildfire Items! Reply with quote

I was packing up a bunch of stuff to move and I came across the few Wildfire items I own. A lunchbox, a thermos, and an animation cel. It made me remember how much I miss this series.

Anybody else out there have Wildfire collectibles?

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really (I haven't even seen the series) but I know how it is when you look at something and the memories are triggered. It is really a trip, isn't it?

BTW: I think I saw at least one episode of Wildfire while wandering on Youtube, maybe I'll give it a try later.

Aurora
High Priestess of the Cartoons

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seem to recall that all the episodes have been posted on Youtube. The show does have a good backstory and world. It's not everybody's cup of tea, but I like it.

thinice
Tubular

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I came across the series a few months ago. One of those missed it when it was new shows.

I was very impressed with the two episodes I have seen.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen this one just yet, but I might check it out at some point. I get the impression Wildfire is a bit more serious than other horse cartoons, like say- My Little Pony. (or at least not as fantasy-based.) Of course, I like both reality-based and fantasy-based cartoons though.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
thinice
Tubular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would call it fantasy.

Going off a bit topic. When I was growing up around 1980-84, we were not allowed to watch shows with fantasy settings. The higher leaders of the church we belonged to frowned on witches, wizards, sorcery, trolls, elves to a degree and any fantasy themed shows. No Smurfs, He-Man, Thundarr the Barbarian, Trollikins and especially Dungeons and Dragons.

So I missed out on a lot of these shows when they were new. Even later ones like Wildfire held little interest. Now later in life I am finding some of these for the first time.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can understand that. My parents were protective of what I watched as a child and I'm glad for it. Parents need to be aware of what their children are watching and set the rules for their family. I also frown on witches, wizards and sorcery, particularly because The Bible speaks strongly against it. Of course, for me as a Christian, I believe that the world is divided into only two spiritual powers- good and evil. The only good in the world is Jesus. Any spiritual power not from Him (i.e. anything beyond God and His angels) is thereby evil and from the evil one- Satan and his demons.
That's the main reason I'm guarded myself about what shows I let myself watch, particularly any that deal with sorcery and magic and such.
However, I personally feel it all depends on how the magic is portrayed in the show and on the maturity level of the child.
I also didn't watch He-Man as a kid and my parents really weren't big on the Smurfs either, though it seems that was allowed at times. I think maybe we were allowed to watch things at the appropriate ages to assess them well.
Anyway- I never watched Wildfire as a kid either, but it does sound interesting. And I do like a lot of fantasy-based and scifi shows, but I also try to be careful of which ones I watch.

thinice
Tubular

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It made it hard as a kid to interact at times with friends when talk of certain shows were brought up in conversation.

As an adult it has been neat to experience things missed in my youth. Like you MacGyver, I still guard myself in what is viewed but look also upon the way things are portrayed.

I have discovered the Trollkins to be more a comic Beverly Hillbillies and actual a favorite of mine.

Wildfire to me being fantasy has enough comedic elements to make it safe watching.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to know- thanks for weighing in on that, ThinIce.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Wildfire All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: