80sCartoons.net Forum Index

New He-man?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we... failed.

for now at least. The sub numbers apparently only hit 90%. I'm very shocked at this dramatic drop but there's still a chance albeit a small one.

The subs are reopening over the weekend from Friday through Monday in an effort to get the last few numbers we need. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to believe even if we only get up to 95% it'll be pushed through, but I honestly don't know anymore. At any rate I'm guessing we can kiss any add on sub goodbye.

If the sub fails we will get the first few figures shown at SDCC as quarterly releases and that will be it.

"I HAVE THE POWER!!.... the power is mine, not yours. Thanks for asking."
MQuack
Gnarly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the sub goes through for everyone...I had started to collect this line 3 times...just couldn't keep up with it. Didn't have the room for everything...Still remember ordering King Grayskull and getting the variant. I was totally bummed I didn't get the regular version.

Hope for everyones sake it can get a late push though!!

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not much of a He-Man fan, but for the sake of the faithful Eternia fans, I hope the power of Greyskull helps keep the line going strong. Smile Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
I'm not much of a He-Man fan, but for the sake of the faithful Eternia fans, I hope the power of Greyskull helps keep the line going strong. Smile Cool

Im not a big fan either (and, to tell you the truth, I don't remember if I ever watched the cartoon), but I share every single one of your words.

Letīs hope for the best!

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys look at these images that just got leaked:

Angella!

Multi-Bot!

These figures are sculpted! They are ready to go! But they won't come if the sub fails! Please, I'm begging everyone and anyone. Help out any way you can. Spread the word. Buy a sub or two. If you don't want to keep them turn around and sell them on e-bay (sell them at an increased price) Give them as gifts to friends. Donate them to Toys for Tots then write it off as charity on your taxes. Whatever you can do. I just signed up for a second sub myself and I've been going around to toy and comic shops letting people know about it. Remember this is the epic conclusion. We'll be done after this and I really won't ask you to do this ever again.

Once 2015 is secure then we can yell about how Mattel should have opened the year with these ones as sub lures instead!

Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2015 Sub...Check!

Fingers crossed...Check!

Lord Skeletor inspiring articles...Check Mate!

MQuack
Gnarly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully it made it!

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE MADE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

apparently the final tally after the extension was 100.09% Just barely but we did it.

Thank you everyone who helped in any way.

Few things to mention about the 2015 sub:

1. Mattel announced Ninjor will have no day of sale
2. For some reason the snake form of Battle Armor King Hiss will not be included in the 2-pack. Don't panic, it is coming but will be packed with another figure (yet to be revealed). If you have a sub you will get it.
3. The mini-comic included with the sub exclusive Oo-Larr is part one of a three part story. Originally the plan was that if we got any continuation in 2016 and beyond they'd do parts two and three then, but if there was nothing then the line would end with a cliffhanger mini-comic just as the vintage line did thus creating a bookend effect. Instead however they now say parts 2 and 3 will be included with the $60 year end item, which is part of the sub. (the year end item will have day of sale but Oo-Larr with part one is the sub exclusive)

MQuack
Gnarly

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome news!!! Now won't they even re-open it again at some point now that it's made it through to possibly get anymore sales or am I imagining they did that in years past? Smile

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MQuack wrote:
Awesome news!!! Now won't they even re-open it again at some point now that it's made it through to possibly get anymore sales or am I imagining they did that in years past? Smile

Yes and no.

In 2013 around the second quarter they offered up a "Club Eternia Light" which gave people a chance to subscribe for the rest of the year starting with the May figures on. During that sale they also reopened the Club Filmation mini-sub as well as a "Light" version of the DC Classics sub. (Since Club Filmation had not started shipping its first figures yet if you signed up in that one you still got the full set) In that case though they didn't increase production. There was a limit to how many new subs that could be ordered and the figures were taken out of the amount that were made for Day of Sale.

Then during the sub drive for the 2014 line they were offering subs for MOTUC as well as DC and a preorder drive to get an Ecto-1 vehicle for the Ghostbusters line. MOTUC met it's goal but DC and Ghostbusters failed and were canceled. Following that though there was a brief reopening -the premise being that anyone who could only afford one line and had chosen one that didn't go forward could switch over to MOTUC. (It worked and the subs got an additional 5%)

This year the extension period went to getting MOTUC to go through. The whole reason there's a cut off time is they need to have production numbers in by a certain date in order to have the merchandise ready to ship out on time. So it's possible, but unlikely, they may do another "light" sub drive some time next year, but there won't be any more extensions prior to 2015.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent! Very Happy Cool Glad to hear the He-Man and the Masters of the Universe line will continue. Hopefully the fans can get figures for all the more obscure and more well known characters they've still been waiting for- Battle Cat, ride on! Smile

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOOT! WOOT! Razz

Lord Skeletor
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: NYCC Update/new reveals Reply with quote

Well Mattel was not actually attending NYCC this year, however they still came out and posted a few videos revealing some upcoming figures.

First as for the MOTU giants -well there was not a new figure revealed by Toyguru did talk about them saying they'd like to make more if the first four sell well and showed a prototype weapon for what would be the next figure. It's Zodac's gun. However it seems the Giants sub sales were not very high (after so many people bought extra subs to save Classics are you surprised?) but they are committed to the first four and the future of these depends on Day of sale numbers.

Next up for the Minis they revealed A third set for 2015 -but not THE third set. Yeah apparently the set they showed will not be the third released next year but will come later -provided they get the numbers. The 2015 Minis subscription goes on sale soon and Toyguru is saying they do need to hit a minimum to continue the Minis line. I imagine the numbers are lower than the Classics line, I'd like to see this series continue but I won't beg and plead and push like I did for Classics.

Anyway the set they showed was Ram Man vs. Trap Jaw and yes Trap Jaw has interchangeable weapons.

now for Classics:

2015 CHASE FIGURE: Glow in the dark SPIRIT OF KING GRAYSKULL

Yeah I'm pretty let down by this reveal. Partly because of how they keep saying "we need to utilize every available SKU to complete the line" then put out this pointless variant. Mostly though I was hoping the rumors that the chase item was a Dree Elle/Montork two pack were true as Dree Elle is my most wanted but not guaranteed character. There's still a chance we'll get it, but that chance is diminishing.

The figure is just the same King Grayskull done in translucent green plastic similar to the Spirit of Hordak figure which was the first chase figure in the line. However this figure will actually glow in the dark so it's a little cooler in that aspect. Also to be fair, this is what chase figures usually are -rare (but intentional) paint variants of existing figures. Basically if they hadn't done Loo-Kee as a chase -thus proving they could use the slot for individual characters not just variants- expectations wouldn't have been so high and this would be easier to shake off.

But let's move on to the good stuff MOTU CLASSICS 2015 2ND QUARTER:

APRIL: ANGELLA

That leaked picture proved true. The queen of Bright Moon finally arrives in full Filmation detail -though as a bonus she includes a removable halo designed after her vintage toy. She also comes with a sword that I think is a repaint of Lord Dactus'. Her wings are fully articulated and basically the same as the DC Classics Hawk Girl to give you an idea.

MAY: BLAST-ATTAK

Lots of brand new parts on him. Highly detailed in capturing and fleshing out the vintage figure. However he will not split apart like the vintage one did. He does come with his techno axe and his plunger cord which has been designed to look like a whip weapon, but there will be no representation of his vintage action feature which is a real bummer. You'd think they would have at least given him removable arms or something.

JUNE: SSSQUEEZE

The final Snake Man arrives completing the faction. Sssqueeze is fully vintage in design and features new scaly sculpting on his torso and legs. He comes with his vintage purple snake thing though it's designed more like a wand to be held in his hand rather than wrapped around his arm. The really good news is HE WILL HAVE BENDY ARMS. Mattel's been straying away from bendy material after the quality control issues with Snout Spout's trunk (thus Slush Head and Octavia suffered for it) but it seems they came to their senses and listened to the fans who have been saying for years "just use the bendy material from King Hiss -there's no issue with that stuff!"

2ND QUARTERLY ITEM: MULTI-BOT

Strangely Toyguru is saying the leaked photo is a fake and "you can see how superior the Horsemen sculpt is". No disrespect to the Horsemen, but no I can't. The paint job is vastly superior, but I'm not seeing a difference in the sculpt. Whatever, he looks great and will have his full split apart and assemble 1000 ways feature. He will even separate at the torso and waist which Modulok couldn't. The parts are fully compatible with Modulok so you can put them together to make a Mega Beast.

So all in all a great 2nd quarter. Why the hell didn't they have these guys as first quarter?!? These figures would've encouraged much higher sub sales, I can guarantee that!

Vaporman87
Gnarly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well rats. I was hoping the numbers for the giants were good. Figures.

Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it's a few days later but Mattel did post a sneak peak accessory pic:

It appears to be a plant/vine thing of some kind which might at first suggest Perfuma, but notice the end has an almost serpentine head/mouth look. This would seem to indicate we're getting EVIL SEED

So does this mean he's in the main sub or are we actually going to get that rumored 200X add on? Either way we're in for a long wait to find out as the next reveals probably won't be until Toy Fair in February.

Vaporman87
Gnarly

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that definitely looks like an Evil Seed accessory.

Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Breaking news: Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich has resign Reply with quote

not a joke, seemingly out of nowhere Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich has handed in his resignation to Mattel and is moving on to another company. There's been no official word on what he's doing, but he did say he would be working in the same field with a brand he grew up with and loved... and a few days ago Hasbro announced they were looking for a new brand manager and now the position is marked as filled... a little too coincidental but we'll see.

As I understand it whoever Scott is going to work for now approached him with the job offer and he decided it was in the best interest for him and his family (i.e. more money) considering most of the lines he was brand manager for at Mattel have ended or are coming to an end, it does seem like the right decision for him to make.

So what does this mean for MOTU then? Well Scott did an interview with TNI explaining the whole resignation ordeal and said that as far as 2015 MOTUC goes -nothing's changing. Scott won't be around to make the reveals or answer fan questions, but there will be no change to the lineup. He specifically said, "Nothing will be added or subtracted." (he did go on to state Mattel may do something like an add on or pre-order where if they don't get the sale numbers it just won't go forward but there won't be any cancellations) As for beyond Scott said he and Mattel had already begun planning work for early 2016 MOTU product, and he had left them notes on what the fans want, but that's still potentially in the air.

Scott used an analogy of baking a cake to explain it; 2015 is already baked but the frosting and candles aren't on, 2016 has the batter mixed but isn't in the oven yet so Mattel could change the recipe but will probably go with what they have since it's easier.

I gotta say, while I and other fans would give Scott a hard time about things -like how much I disliked much of the Classics bio continuity- he did do a lot for us. He really helped keep MOTUC going much longer than anyone expected it to last and he took the time to interact with the fan community which is very rare for a brand manager. So I thank him for that and wish him well in his new position.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Toys All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: