80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Great 80īs documentary

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Great 80īs documentary Reply with quote

I just realized that ever since I registered in here, I posted things from the 70īs, the 90īs, and even from the early 2000īs. So I decided to post something ontopic for a change Laughing

This is a pretty sweet documentary made by The History Channelīs program īModern Marvelsī-one of the coolest of its time, if you ask me-. I think itīs pretty well done, and it covers up the most important aspects of those years with great information quality.

One thing I found pretty disappointing itīs that itīs a very short video (it only lasts 30 minutes) but overall itīs more than okay. So, if you have thirty or so minutes to spare, Iīd say go ahead and watch it. It's a worthy experience: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxUp9JD4WNQ

Enjoy!

Last edited by IceDragon on Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this series and remember this program. If you can find it, National Geographic did a mini series called The '80s: The Decade That Made Us. While mostly depicting things through an American lens, many of the themes and technology booms are pretty universal. It aired late 2013 I think.

And whether on topic, off topic, or hot topic; it is what you have to say and share that matters. Very Happy Tangents are good and a sign of creativity (at least that's what my mom always told me.) Wink

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Thanks for the link. And yeah- though the forum is primarily for 1980s cartoons- it's okay to go off on another tangent every now and then. I agree with Mayor West- every person on here is infinitely important and I value everyone's input. Very Happy Cool

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Mayor West
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MacGyver wrote:
...I agree with Mayor West- every person on here is infinitely important and I value everyone's input. Very Happy Cool

Unless of course you happen to be selling kitchens in the UK...through posts on an '80s cartoon forum. Confused

IceDragon
Totally Bitchin'

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are awesome.

Mayor West wrote:
MacGyver wrote:
...I agree with Mayor West- every person on here is infinitely important and I value everyone's input. Very Happy Cool

Unless of course you happen to be selling kitchens in the UK...through posts on an '80s cartoon forum. Confused

Yeahh... I didnt wanted to ask about that, but I kinda have to.

Im pretty sure that the 80īs Cartoons site is NOT located on the UK, but even if thatīs the case, itīs kinda shocking that such a rampage of spam could happen. Maybe ban the IP Rank may help? (though thatīs a risky move). Having to clean this place everyday must be a nightmare for the mods.

MacGyver
Cowabunga!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Unless of course you happen to be selling kitchens in the UK...through posts on an '80s cartoon forum.

Well, I believe it's true even for them. Smile

Quote:
Yeahh... I didnt wanted to ask about that, but I kinda have to.

Im pretty sure that the 80īs Cartoons site is NOT located on the UK, but even if thatīs the case, itīs kinda shocking that such a rampage of spam could happen. Maybe ban the IP Rank may help? (though thatīs a risky move). Having to clean this place everyday must be a nightmare for the mods.

Since the question's been raised, I'll address it here. Yeah- unfortunately, the site's been plagued with the same continual spam about UK kitchen ware. I don't necessarily log in to this site every single day, but I check in fairly often and almost every time have to delete some spam threads.
Whenever these things come up, please DO NOT click on any of the links or even the thread itself. The moderators are working to keep them cleaned off from here.
Unfortunately, the moderators don't have the power to block any IP addresses. That is something the webmistress would have to do. That would be Aurora- and at this time, she seems to check in periodically. The only thing I can suggest is sending her an email to let her know about the issue and she can address it from there.

"You can do anything you want to do if you put your mind to it."- MacGyver

"Thunder...Thunder....Thunder...ThunderCats...HOOOO!!!!!!"- Lion-O
Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » 80's Chat All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: