80sCartoons.net Forum Index

Old cartoons i remember HELP!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amsterdam
Radical

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:38 am    Post subject: Old cartoons i remember HELP! Reply with quote

Hello everbody. I need some help.

I am 25 years old and there are two old cartoons I keep thinking about. I dont know the names, but they keep haunting me!!

The first cartoon involved certain creatures that were scattered through time. The protagonist(s) were tasked by a Godlike being to retrieve these creatures and return them to the main time line. They were secured in a castle of some sorts, high above the clouds. These creatures all had certain abilities. I remember an episode where the main characters traveled back in time when Mozart and Beethoven where alive. They were influenced by this creature, because it had musical abilities. I think the creatures could transform into certain objects, but I am not quite sure. All of these creatures had specific abilities. As I said, one creature had musical abilities, another could induce strength, while another creature could induce intelligence (a muse like creature)

The second cartoon involved a similar plot as the one above. This however, was a more serious action type cartoon where the main characters (I think a group) all had different abilities from each other thanks to certain hats. Not quite sure if these were hats, but it was some sorts of headware.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE if somebody could help me out, I would very much appreciate it.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first cartoon involved certain creatures that
were scattered through time.... main characters
traveled back in time when Mozart and Beethoven
where alive. They were influenced by this creature,
because it had musical abilities. I think the creatures
could transform into certain objects, but I am not
quite sure. All of these creatures had specific abilities. ...

Sounds like,..

Flint The Time Detective

View
Flint the Time Dectective Eps 1

View
Flint the Time Dectective Eps (Musey)

A group (5 maybe?)
Different abilities
Head gear (visors?)

Wild guess,...

Battle of the Planets (78)
a.k.a. Gatchaman
a.k.a. G-Force
a.k.a. Eagle Riders

Five young heroes Leader Mark (a.k.a. Ken), Hot headed Marksman-Jason (a.k.a. Joe), the muscle of the team and pilot-Tiny (a.k.a. Ryu), agile timed explosives expert and Mark's mild love interest Princess (June), and bio-engineered boy-Keyop (a.k.a. Jin-pei) form a superskilled strike team whose mission was to defend the Earth and allied planets from Spectra's evil forces led by Zoltar.

Mark had two boomerang type blades. Jason had a pistol. Princess had an exploding yo-yo. Keyop had a bolo, and Tiny fought using his brute strength.

Each episode Spectra would send a giant robotic monster to lay waste to a city to prepare it for conquest, and G-Force would be sent from their crescent shaped island secret base to meet the challenge. Each would arrive driving their own vehicle that would attach to the main ship
Mark the leader had a plane. Jason the second in command had a formula one car. Princess had the motorcycle, Keyops had some sort of submersible crawler, and Tiny flew the main ship.

View Intro
Eagle Riders

Battle of the Planets

Short promotional Gatchaman clip (2000)

If not Eagle Riders,...what else do you
remember about it?
Any more clues?
-------------

Amsterdam
Radical

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEE... Thanks a lot for replying. The first one was indeed Flint the time detective. As soon as I saw a picture, I immediately recognized it. So thanks for that. I've been thinking about this series for a loooong time.

And I'm afraid the second one is still a mystery. Its not one of those you've mentioned. I think it's a elemental based series. Sort of a Avatar type series, but I think that these 'hats' gave our cartoon characters their special abilities. Think of Power rangers meets Avatar.

Perhaps these clues are useful ??

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When did you see it ?
can i assume it was more of a 90's toon ?
"Hats"?...Headgear? Helmets? Headpieces?
What do you remember about the hats' style/purpose?

Amsterdam
Radical

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not quite sure. I think its safe to assume that it was indeed a 90's toon. I have a better recollection of the Flint cartoon and that was around the 2000s. SO I think its an older cartoon.

However I do remember that some of the modern draw styles were introduced back then... There is a distinct difference between the animation used in the past and the animation round the 2000s.

The 'hats' either gave the cartoon characters their abilities or represented the ability they had innately. I keep saying 'hats' but it also could be helmets.

I think that's about all I can remember. I'm sorry I couldn't be more useful.

Straydog
Cartoon Guru

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

plenty of anime with the "Gotta catch 'em all"
type card/game theme

Just a wild guess,...

Shinzo (2000)
a.k.a. Mashuranbo

A young girl in suspended animation
awakes in a world populated by mutants
and finds she's the last human on Earth

-View-
Shinzo

------------------

Post new topic   Reply to topic    80sCartoons.net Forum Index » Lost and Found All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: